PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Kurt Warner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The segment they are doing now shows you how much of a joke the NFL network is

The person you were responding to only drops in to talk crap about the Patriots and never adds anything other than that to any discussion.

I only drop in to talk crap about the patriots? Okay buddy.

Most qbs do have great numbers against the patriots.

Who cares? You would all be applauding him if he said Brady will outplay flacco

Now they got a segment coming up where they're all gonna tell you how the Pats defense is in trouble

This is true but you really have to take into account that most of Flacco's career against NE was played while Belichick was in rebuild mode. Now that their defense has been rebuilt it will be the games going forward that will be a better gauge of how good he is against them. If flacco can go out and have a good game against them today it will definitely increase my respect for him substantially, and if they manage to win it i will give flacco and the Ravens all the credit in the world for coming into Foxborough and beating a really good Patriots team. I really don't like excuses but the fact that they had Edelman, Ihedigbo, and Sergio Brown in the seecondary really makes for easy pickings for any QB, and we have all seen that. Belichick's ability to get them to the SB swith that secondary last year was as impressive as getting them to the AFC championship against Indy in 2006 with Reche Caldwell as their No 1 receiver. Last year's secondary was the worst secondary I have ever seen.

I agree with all of your points and I'm certainly NOT trying to make the point that Flacco is a top QB in this league. The challenge is that because he's done well, and Brady has not been, well...Brady in most of the games vs BAL, it's evened things out a bit.

FWIW I think today will be challenging for both QBs because both defenses are good but with the addition of the wind being a factor I give an edge to Brady because he is a superior short/intermiediate passer to Flacco.

As long as the defense continues to perform the way they have these past 7 or 8 weeks, the Pats SHOULD pull it out.

They are talking about how the Ravens offense is very dangerous against the Pats defense!!!

I don't mind different opinions, but then why is the Patriots dangerous offence not mentioned???

They are talking about how the Ravens offense is very dangerous against the Pats defense!!!

I don't mind different opinions, but then why is the Patriots dangerous offence not mentioned???

All the media is trying to find everything to try and make the pats sound bad. We are severely underrated and I think it's time for Tom and bill to shut the media up with a monster game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, so watching the silliness on NFLN and seeing the comments here I had to check ESPn for a minute (I pretty much never watch that .. network). Schefter is interviewing Lee Evans. OK, fair enough, nice interview.

Now, seriously, why is Schefter wearing glasses???? Is it to let us know this is a SERIOUS interview? Kind of like when "celebrities" try to talk politics? LOL, absurd. Click.

It's a typical pre-game show. Some insight mixed in with a lot of fluff, and an occasional dose of folly.

Welcome to the same sports television that it's been since its inception.

I was watching them earlier this morning and they had a "Do we take the Patriots for granted" segment. They all had great things to say about the Patriots long string of success and Brady and Belichick, including Kurt Warner.

Warner then went on to admit that he roots against them every year in the playoffs simply because he is tired of them winning and wants to see someone else in there.

It's a typical pre-game show. Some insight mixed in with a lot of fluff, and an occasional dose of folly.

Welcome to the same sports television that it's been since its inception.

Yup, pretty much. And now with even more time to fill than ever.

Unlike Playbook, seems to me NFLN has been fairly balanced today; none of their segments are comprehensive but they seem to balance out. And they were highly complimentary of Vereen and Ridley. Great for them both to be getting respect; kind of funny how Vereen is now kind of a star.

OK, time for Brady wired.

Yup, pretty much. And now with even more time to fill than ever.

Unlike Playbook, seems to me NFLN has been fairly balanced today; none of their segments are comprehensive but they seem to balance out. And they were highly complimentary of Vereen and Ridley. Great for them both to be getting respect; kind of funny how Vereen is now kind of a star.

OK, time for Brady wired.

They were just talking about the matchup of Brady v. the Ravens, and I think something was missed. They mentioned the Ravens ability to hold their play until just before Manning snapped the ball in order to deny Manning his pre-snap reads, and then they jumped to the idea that Brady likes to beat you with his post-snap reads.

What I think they missed was the Patriots hurry up preventing the Ravens from hiding as effectively in the pre-snap matchup. If I were the Patriots I'd try a mix of slow snaps and hurry up to see if they can force the Ravens to declare a little more quickly.

But didn't you hear what Felger said? That they will have something for the hurry up and that was fact not opinion.

But didn't you hear what Felger said? That they will have something for the hurry up and that was fact not opinion.

NFLN guys said that having reed and lewis in the middle, they will be able to line up and call a defense much more quickly without looking at the sideline.

"Brady is probably the best to ever do it"

- Champ Bailey

So much for the bulletin board fodder theory...

And like (I think!) Deus says above, that something will have to include getting into position and showing your hand quickly, and Brady's pretty capable of exploiting that, too.

NFLN guys said that having reed and lewis in the middle, they will be able to line up and call a defense much more quickly without looking at the sideline.

But see there is a flaw in that thinking. Pats hurry up quicker than anyone, are Lewis and Reed going to be able to decipher it in the 10 seconds it takes the Pats to get to the line and have everyone setup?

A lot easier said than done

And like (I think!) Deus says above, that something will have to include getting into position and showing your hand quickly, and Brady's pretty capable of exploiting that, too.

Exactly... part of the chess match with Lewis and Reed

Exactly... part of the chess match with Lewis and Reed

I agree with you all, all the more reason to perform when the correct defensive call is made but NE still rams it down their throat.

You gotta make the plays.

Nothing says breaking your will more than knowing the call, and still being outplayed...

And this is one of the many reasons I haven't had my TV or radio on at all today. I'll be putting on the NFC game in a few minutes - have little to no use for the 5-6 hours of pre-game nonsense, especially from the ex-jock "experts."

Having said that, just wanted to let y'all know that Denver fans found it equally ludicrous when I suggested last week that Joe Flacco might outplay Peyton Manning, especially in the clutch if the game is close. Not that I'm making any such predictions today... ;)

I'm of the opinion that Brady is far superior to Manning, especially in January, anyway. Still doesn't mean Joe can't outplay him today, though. Should be a good 'un!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back