PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Ian and others thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewaylifeshouldbe

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Not sure what it took, or how many had their hands involved with it, but having the site back up is truly appreciated.

Thank you.

thewaylifeshouldbe said:
Not sure what it took, or how many had their hands involved with it, but having the site back up is truly appreciated.

Thank you.
What he said.

I agree....back on....

Well said, NEM!

It's a great relief to see the site back -- I can only imagine how much aggravation and hard work it has meant for Ian. Just in time for the Predict the Score contest ...

NEM said:
Exactly, this site is first class. In fact, compared to any of the others, there is no comparison...first class from top to bottom...

At least here, there is a semblance of order, and very little of the arrogant, foul mouthed, filthy posting that is seen on another one, no name mentioned.

Yeah, I can be that way sometimes, no doubt..but for the most part I leave it over in the political forum.

But, for the past few days, I have come to respect this site for the way order, and intelligence is maintained.

This is where the Patriots organization can come, at any time, and not have to be embarrassed by filth and garbage mouthed posters.

Glad its back on line. Ian deserves praise from every single one of us for what he has accomplished, and not the disdain from certain posters at the other place that really called him a few things that offended me, and should offend all Pats fans.

The BEST of NEM's 16, 812 posts (and mounting!)
What Mike The Brit said, too.

Go, Patsfans ... dot com !

I agree! I am a newbie here (posting wise), but have lurked for a long time and I hate not being able to read the boards each day!! Thanks so much for getting it back up and running again!! :)

NEM said:
Glad its back on line. Ian deserves praise from every single one of us for what he has accomplished, and not the disdain from certain posters at the other place that really called him a few things that offended me, and should offend all Pats fans.
I'm glad PatsFans is back online as well NEM, but I recall NO ONE that called Ian anything that was offensive.

would you care to enlighten me?

Ian...thank you.

NEM said:
This is what was posted... I wont name the poster because it is irellevant.
who is not a PatriotsPlanet regular, just so we are clear, right?

because saying "certain posters at the other place" could be construed as PP regulars which may be misleading to people here reading this, right?

just so we are clear

Even if Ian's dog peed on the server, we still owe him thanks. Now if this was some sort of cat issue, I have a beef. Unless it was handled (Glock 17) swiftly.

NEM said:
Doesnt matter where it was posted, and by whom...If anyone has bones to pick with Ian, dont bring it somewhere else, bring it here, to his face...

Personally, the site administrator over there should have deleted it as it is the kind of stuff that makes his site look cheap, low class, and willing to allow anything, which is about what it really is....

Here, Ian at least controls the filth, the profanity, the sexual sarcasm and sexual inferences, for the most part... a lot of stuff that has absolutely no bearing on the football discussions that take place. Ian even set up two additional forums for that kind of talk, the General Forum and the Political Forum to take that kind of garbage out of this place where football fans want to discuss football, and not some ridiculous sexual and filthy mouthed discussion.

Sure, things occasionally get out of hand here, and I have been involved in some of them, but for the most part, this place is watched, and moderated, in the way it should be...by an individual, Ian, and those he has appinted as moderators, in the most professional and honest manner of any fan wen site I have seen.

That is why there can be pretenders, but there can never be a Patriots fan site with as much class and integrity as this one.

Nothing personal against the other site, but the language, the profanity, the suggestive posts are really dragging that site down to a lower level...they really need to clean up their act.

Some of the crap that is posted there is a disgrace to the Patriots and if I were them, I would make sure that most of it stops....because anytime stuff like that appears on a web site with the Patriots name attached, it reflects back onto the team, and the teams management.

And that is what it is all about.
thanks for clearing that up NEM because we wouldn't want it being said definitively that some PatriotsPlanet REGULAR member said derogatory things about the PatsFans Site Owner Ian over there.

that might send a completely different message to the members here as to what PatriotsPlanet might stand for other than your own opinion of it as stated above, which is a completely different matter.

just so we are clear

I appreciate the efforts to get the site back, but I also note that this site seems to be using the same webhost as it was before. In other words, either the attackers gave up for now or the webhost got their act together to filter them out. So based on what Ian has said about moving to a new site this weekend, I expect a little more downtime if indeed the site is moved to a host which can better choke off DOS attacks.

Thank you, Ian!!! I posted on the Planet yesterday that I felt like a crack addict needing a fix, they were very gracious there but this is the best site for pats fans, bar none!!!

Great job getting the site back up. The forum works, but the blue area above still has lots of errors. is it hust me?

Thanks, Ian, for getting the site back up. I'm sure it was a very aggravating few days there.

I have one more big thing I need to finish that will likely keep me up late again tonight. Hopefully this will be the final time, and we'll never have this issue again.

Whoever did this BTW targeted PatsFans.com in particular (we're on a server with many other sites, businesses, etc.), so apparently we're not too popular with someone.

Ian said:
Whoever did this BTW targeted PatsFans.com in particular (we're on a server with many other sites, businesses, etc.), so apparently we're not too popular with someone.

Bill Polian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back