PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank You For Your Service B.O.B. - Why Don't You Start FT at PSU Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that was a ridiculously badly called offensive game yesterday.

BJGE/Woody and the OL are PLOWING the Ravens down the middle consistently - - - so let's go AWAY from that!

Let's start lofting post passes to midget Julian Edelman!!!

The Pats D FINALLY gets the big key INT turnover with 7 minutes to go in the game at the 50 yd line. Yeah, don't take time off the clock with the punishing run game - - have Brady heave it up in double coverage to......get this - - - 5 foot zero Safety Matthew Slater.

I think Josh can handle things from here. We need a FULL-TIME OC.

Last edited:
The long bomb INT was really brady. He even admits to Tom curran here
Curran: Imperfect Patriots finding ways to win

Why did you throw it, I asked Brady.

“I had my mind made up,” he said regretfully.

Even if BOB called it Iam sure he assumed that just like every play, if the called play is not there go somewhere else with the ball.

And BOB Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out to Penn State, i'm sure you'll do fine there for about Two years then be back at coaching at East Bum **** U.

My only beef with the gameplan was the lack of running BJGE. He was KILLING the Ravens - had an 8+ YPC at one point. Yet, he'd rip off two big runs, then come out of the game for the rest of the series. Woodhead would come in for some strange reason.

WTH?

Tommy failed to get us out of a bad call. But the fact remains, Bill signed off on the call. Bill has been pushing BOB to throw it for weeks. And there is no saying how much influence Josh is already exerting on the game plan and play calling from his seat in the perch.

BOB looked a little overwhelmed or concerned at times when they focused on him in game. Not sure how much influence he has ever had on the game plan (which is where the limited play calls and personnel groupings and active/inactive decisions emanate from), but he likley had less this week and last week than he has in the past.

Tommy failed to get us out of a bad call. But the fact remains, Bill signed off on the call. Bill has been pushing BOB to throw it for weeks. And there is no saying how much influence Josh is already exerting on the game plan and play calling from his seat in the perch.

BOB looked a little overwhelmed or concerned at times when they focused on him in game. Not sure how much influence he has ever had on the game plan (which is where the limited play calls and personnel groupings and active/inactive decisions emanate from), but he likley had less this week and last week than he has in the past.

We need "part-timers"?

McDaniels is in the house. Let B.O.B. go now. It's a distraction and he's distracted. Look what happened to the 15-1 Packers last week against the Giants with a (sadly) distracted OC.

Last edited:
My only beef with the gameplan was the lack of running BJGE. He was KILLING the Ravens - had an 8+ YPC at one point. Yet, he'd rip off two big runs, then come out of the game for the rest of the series. Woodhead would come in for some strange reason.

WTH?

Have you actually watched any games over the last couple of seasons... And again, Bill has a big say in game planning and signs off on the final version and makes the call on active and inactive based on things like track record, practice performance and game plan. We dressed just 3 backs yesterday, and one was a cagy old vet who could sub in an emergency on offense or ST but is no longer a legit playmaker.

I'm sorry, but that was a ridiculously badly called offensive game yesterday.

BJGE/Woody and the OL are PLOWING the Ravens down the middle consistently - - - so let's go AWAY from that!

Let's start lofting post passes to midget Julian Edelman!!!

The Pats D FINALLY gets the big key INT turnover with 7 minutes to go in the game at the 50 yd line. Yeah, don't take time off the clock with the punishing run game - - have Brady heave it up in double coverage to......get this - - - 5 foot zero Safety Matthew Slater.

I think Josh can handle things from here. We need a FULL-TIME OC.

What "post pass" to Edelman are you talking about?

Your exaggerations are bad.

Slater is 5'11. Not 5 foot zero. And, as someone mentioned, Brady made that call. Which was stupid, I admit. And he admitted it also..

Last edited:
"I had my mind made up"??!!! - wtf Tom - are you kidding me!

Every single quarterback in the history of the game has done this at some point. Brady is the only one honest enough to admit it.

I don't have a problem with the play call from the 50. I have a problem with who they threw it to: MATHEW SLATER. He obviously didn't know how to adjust to the ball in flight.

We need "part-timers"?

McDaniels is in the house. Let B.O.B. go now. It's a distraction and he's distracted. Look what happened to the 15-1 Packers last week against the Giants with a (sadly) distracted OC.

Who says that was a distracted OC as opposed to a rested team gone to rust...

We won a superbowl with a while ago with a pair of distracted coordinators...

Scapegoating is so kneejerk.

We need "part-timers"?

How did the distraction cause the Packers to miss wide open receivers, drop balls without a defender in the same time zone, and fumble the ball without getting touched?

Execution matters.

WTH?

They have done this all year long, BOB has always been overrated IMO, we never care because Brady doesn't often have a 60 QB rating, that exposes the play calling.

We need "part-timers"?

The play selection was better than the game execution.

It was borderline ******ed to go empty backfield and shotgun as much as we did when Benny was running the football that well. You can go no-huddle, just have Brady under center to keep the defense honest. Don't help'em out by spreading the field when they can't contain your running game, that's ridiculous.

I wish BOB would explain the rational behind these brain farts...trying to be cute gets ugly every time.

Good luck BOB and Don't forget to take your XBox playbook:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The other play that I shook my head at was just north of the 2 minute warming you pick up 7 yards on first. You have to snap the ball again but the clock is stopping no matter what. So they run a sweep and lose yards. I thought that was the perfect place to run play action and then hit one of the receivers on a short and safe pass. I always think to the clip of BB in one of the America's games saying know the situation. Clearly B'OB didn't.

Tommy failed to get us out of a bad call.

We don't know that, unless you review the tape and discover everybody else was covered on that play as well.

Given that Slater was double-covered, I'm guessing that in fact somebody else was pretty open.

MATHEW SLATER. He obviously didn't know how to adjust to the ball in flight.

We don't have anybody who does. THAT'S what we're missing in the "deep receiver", not running speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes