PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Dan Dierdorf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Finally, in the Pro Bowl game telecast, Dierdorf takes Tomlinson to the the woodshed for blaming Ellis Hobbs's celebrating after AFC divisional game on Bill Belichick.

Last edited:
Finally, in the Pro Bowl game telecast, Dierdorf takes Tomlinson to the the woodshed for blaming Ellis Hobbs's celebrating after AFC title game on Bill Belichick.
I'm glad, but I'm waiting for someone to take him to task on his double standard. Calling Hobbs classless for mocking Shawn Merriman when Merriman dances and gloats after every tackle is a major double standard.

Finally, in the Pro Bowl game telecast, Dierdorf takes Tomlinson to the the woodshed for blaming Ellis Hobbs's celebrating after AFC title game on Bill Belichick.

what did he say ?

what did he say ?

Replay of incident shows an irate LT heading towards Hobbs as he celebrates with Dierdorf saying in essence "Blame Hobbs not Belichick".

dierdorf is right in saying blame hobbs not belichik

that's why LT recanted his statement.

you don't dance on another team's logo after a game, hell it's a TO move, it's bush league

but it's not belichik's fault, and the chargers have some morons on their team too, as evidenced by florence's headbutt during the game.

you don't dance on another team's logo after a game, hell it's a TO move, it's bush league

but it's not belichik's fault, and the chargers have some morons on their team too, as evidenced by florence's headbutt during the game.

Oh come on, the logo just happened to be there. next time don't paint a huge logo on the field. You do realize that the players on the sidelines are limited from going down the sidelines during the game, don't you? They have to stay within the box. It's only natural that they'd run to the 50 to celebrate. What, you want them to go out of their way to celebrate so as to avoid the logo? That's the argument?

Where exactly are these rules written down. I'd like to see them.

So, just to make sure I have this straight --

1) Doing a dance to mock your opponent in the middle of the game after a sack is ok. (Let's call this the "Merriman rule.")

2) Doing a dance to mock your opponent AFTER the game is not ok, if you do it at the 50 yard line. ("Let's call this the Hobbs rule.")

Boy, these rules SOUND simple, but when you get into it, it really gets confusing for me. Seems like a lot of scenarios need some clarification, just so I have this straight.

What if Hobbs had done his mocking while there was still technically time on the clock, but the game was effectively over (though not technically). Like just before Tom Brady was getting read to kneel down on the ball. That's still during the game, not after it, so does he get the Merriman rule? Or the Hobbs rule?

Ok, now suppose Hobbs does his mocking AFTER the game (no time left), but on the sideline? How about on the 38 yard line?

Ok, now, let's suppose Shawne Marriman makes a sack with 1:00 left in a game that the Chargers are winning 40-0. He does his lights out dance. Is this a violation of the Hobbs rule, or is it within the Merriman safe harbor? What if it's a road game, does it make a difference? How about if it happens to be at the 35 yard line during the superbowl where the opposing team's logo is underneath his feet and thus trod upon? How about if it's just a regular season game, but it occurs on the NFL logo?

Man, it's hard to keep track.

You see, I really need something to get outraged at when my team loses a game in a tough way, and if I can manufacture something about my opponent's "class," I don't know why but somehow it makes me feel better. (That is, as long as I try to forget that we actually lost the game.) So, as you can see, it's very important to me that I get these rules exactly straight, since they seem to be so crystal clear in everyone else's mind.

Could you just write them all down for me in a post so I have them in one place?

Read this argument about where Hobbs did his dance, the field goal attempt was from the Pats 36 yard line.. which would be kicked about from the pats 43, so if he was rushing the passer it may have been coincidental that he did his dance on midfield.. he was there, probably should not have done it, but if they missed a FG from the 15 yard line, he probably would not have run to midfield to do his dance. The location was coincidental, probably not intentional.

Dorf man is an idiot he could not shut up on the colts how they are now one of the greatest teams of all time he should have a muzzle put on!

Dorf man is an idiot he could not shut up on the colts how they are now one of the greatest teams of all time he should have a muzzle put on!

was he talking about the '70's teams:confused:

I have a problem with people singling out hobbs just because he is a younger and brasher (word?) player on the pats, It was noted that both vrable,colvin,and wilfok were doing the same and trash talking before, during and after the game. Even Vrable did the dance after making a sack (it was a beautiful sight)

Actually I have a problem with people singling out the Pats at all. The Chargers had Phillip Rivers mocking the crowd in Denver by giving them a mile high salute, and Merriman doing his dance. Why aren't they being called out on that? I find that insulting to the fans of the Donks. The Chargers have been taunting the AFC West all season. When it's given back to them, they cry. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back