PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank goodness for Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironwasp

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
There was a lot to enjoy in last night's game, but watching a banged-up D getting more banged-up by the series was not one of them. Also the emotion and adrenalin required to get the team over the line for the W in such a critica and crazy game must have been immense.

So thank the Lord for the Detroit Lions, who come to town next week. Against Miami on Thursday it looked like they gave up roughly three minutes into the third quarter and were a beaten team with no belief or confidence and not much talent.

There aren't many soft games in this league, but this one might just be one of them, and it comes at a perfect time as our team could do with a vanilla victory before heading to Miami for a big one.

IMO, there will be a bit of a let down after this game allowing Detroit to hang around.

What really concerns me is the physical beating this team took yesterday. Remember in 2001 teams were sub .500 in games played the week after they played the Patriots. They were physically beaten up and had not yet recovered. The same can be said for teams who played against the Steelers in recent years.

I am afraid there are some factors that will keep Detroit close for a while on Sunday.

IMO, there will be a bit of a let down after this game allowing Detroit to hang around.

What really concerns me is the physical beating this team took yesterday. Remember in 2001 teams were sub .500 in games played the week after they played the Patriots. They were physically beaten up and had not yet recovered. The same can be said for teams who played against the Steelers in recent years.

I am afraid there are some factors that will keep Detroit close for a while on Sunday.

I agree that this game is not without its dangers, as there is often an anti-climax after a big game. The most obvious specific problem will be dealing with the threat posed by Roy Williams, but getting to Kitna (which the Fins made look easy after the first quarter) should deal with that.

But all that said, there's an opportunity to put this side away by half time and spend the second half with key personnel wrapped in cotton wool.

Am I alone in thinking that Martz is doing Detroit no favours as their OC?

I had thought that their 50-passes-a-game approach was because they were always behind in games, but having finally seen them in the Thanksgiving game that's not the case. Seems like Martz thinks he is still working with Kurt Warner at the top of his game, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Proehl, and Faulk catching passes out of the backfield.

Earth to Mike, earth to Mike......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye