PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I would have been so pi$$ed if we got the 3rd seed, thank god we didn't. Going for the win was one instance of pride getting in the way of reality.

I didn't know what I wanted at the end. I was rooting for Cassell to bring them back for the tie, but knowing the bigger picture and wanting to face the Jaguars instead of the Steelers, this is the better outcome. But this game was a win/win because our second and third string team did well against the Miami first stringers.

andyguitar

ya, i'd rather play indy first with us a little more rested and with indy's starters rusty

We don't want Jacksonville. We haven't played them in 2 years, we lost some chemistry sitting the starters for most of the game, and we have a possible short week to prepare.

I'd much rather have faced a Pittsburgh team, as BB is 18-2 since 2001 facing a team twice in the season, the game would likely be on a regular schedule, and our familiarity with the team would help with our chemistry speed bump today.

We need to stop looking beyond Jacksonville, for Christ's sake. All I hear is how we can face Indy here and Denver here.

Last edited:
We're the best! Do not criticize ever. We're the best! Do not criticize ever. We're the best! Do not criticize ever. We're the best! Do not criticize ever. We're the best! Do not criticize ever. We're the best! Do not criticize ever. We're the best! Do not criticize ever. We're the best! Do not criticize ever. We're the best!

The Manchurian Fan

Last edited:
Armen Da Pats Fan said:
You are like the ONLY person on this board right now who gets it!

3rd seed, 4th seed...who cares, we take and smash all comers, any seed!

We're on winning streak. We're playing great. So what does BB do? He sits everyone and plays scrubs.

GRRRRR....

To the pool...

Amen, amen I say to you!

I get that sentiment. I really do.
But - the 'if' factor comes into play. If Brady/Seymour/Vrabel/fillintheblank got hurt....

pats1 said:
We haven't played them in 2 years, we lost some chemistry sitting the starters for most of the game, and we have a possible short week to prepare.
Can I assume by your chemistry quote that you think having a bye is a bad, bad thing?

Just curious.

pats1 said:
We don't want Jacksonville. We haven't played them in 2 years, we lost some chemistry sitting the starters for most of the game, and we have a possible short week to prepare.

I'd much rather have faced a Pittsburgh team, as BB is 18-2 since 2001 facing a team twice in the season, the game would likely be on a regular schedule, and our familiarity with the team would help with our chemistry speed bump today.

We need to stop looking beyond Jacksonville, for Christ's sake. All I hear is how we can face Indy here and Denver here.

I agree that we can't look beyond Jacksonville, but not with the rest you wrote. I don't see how any "chemistry" is lost here by not playing starters beyond the 1st quarter in a meaningless game. They still practice together throughout the week. Also, Jacksonville is quite weak -- they played weak teams this year and don't even know what QB they'll be starting in the playoffs! Doesn't mean that we should look beyond them, but Jacksonville in potential cold/snow in Foxboro is about the best thing we could hope for.

I'm a Patriots fan, which means I root for one thing: A Superbowl. Period, end of discussion. Anyone who tells me they want Pittsburgh instead of Jacksonville I need you to do me a favor and private message me your dealer's pager # because you are snorting gome grade A quality chit and for when I'm out partying with mah boys I want a drug that iwll make me that delusional.

As for Armen's Manchurian rant I'd love to get me one of doohickeys they had on that Sliders show where you can go to a different dimension where the Pats played their starters and Brady gets a concussion and Bruschi blows out his calf muscle, yet we still win the game and transport Armen there, and see how much happier is with that turnout. Ifall you want is regular season wins Armen go to Coltpower.com

Bella*chick said:
Can I assume by your chemistry quote that you think having a bye is a bad, bad thing?

Just curious.

There's a difference. With a bye week, you have a one week of fine tuning mistakes made during the season, and another to prepare for the opponent. You might not play a game in two weeks, but there's no in-game speed bump. Again, there's a difference between resting starters for 3/4 of a game and then having a week or less to cram everything in and then possibly have a period in the beginning of the next game to get the wheels turning again than having your starters play just about the whole game, have a week to improve without an opponent coming in a few days, and then having another week to prepare for an opponent.

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
I'm a Patriots fan, which means I root for one thing: A Superbowl. Period, end of discussion. Anyone who tells me they want Pittsburgh instead of Jacksonville I need you to do me a favor and private message me your dealer's pager # because you are snorting gome grade A quality chit and for when I'm out partying with mah boys I want a drug that iwll make me that delusional.

As for Armen's Manchurian rant I'd love to get me one of doohickeys they had on that Sliders show where you can go to a different dimension where the Pats played their starters and Brady gets a concussion and Bruschi blows out his calf muscle, yet we still win the game and transport Armen there, and see how much happier is with that turnout. Ifall you want is regular season wins Armen go to Coltpower.com

Or we could go to that Other Dimension where the Pats win big over Miami, finish 11-5, and roll Pittsburgh like the "whining Joey Porter bichizz" that they are...

When did we become such soft fans that we want players to sit so they don't get hurt? Is that what 3 championships has done to us?

Boston sports fans used to hold the feet of thier coaches and players to the fire, demanding excellence and maximum effort all the time.

But, now suddenly, we have no problem playing 3rd stringers against a division rival and turning an NFL game into playgournd fun-time for Doug Flutie!

But, no, I'll play by the rules of this once-great board, now turned midnless heard of Belichickian Sheep:

We're the best! Do not criticize ever.

The Manchurian Fan

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:

Exactly. Super Bowl is all that matters. You can beat any team or lose to any team - it all rests on the execution of a game plan.

To get to the Super Bowl, you have to continue to get better each week. Having the better seed is going to help you get better on that trail to the Super Bowl. In this case, having the better seed, without a doubt has the better route. Period. It will always.

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
Or we could go to that Other Dimension where the Pats win big over Miami, finish 11-5, and roll Pittsburgh like the "whining Joey Porter bichizz" that they are...

When did we become such soft fans that we want players to sit so they don't get hurt? Is that what 3 championships has done to us?

Boston sports fans used to hold the feet of thier coaches and players to the fire, demanding excellence and maximum effort all the time.

But, now suddenly, we have no problem playing 3rd stringers against a division rival and turning an NFL game into playgournd fun-time for Doug Flutie!

But, no, I'll play by the rules of this once-great board, now turned midnless heard of Belichickian Sheep:

The Manchurian Fan

You are absolutely correct.

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:

There's always the incentive and higher goal to win and get the higher seed.

Brady has an equal chance of getting hurt in the 1st game of the season, where you could lose and still go 15-1. There's always that higher goal to shoot for, and it always includes WINNING. We're a franchise built on WINNING.

You can't play scared, because the chances of getting injured are equal every week, and there are many "meaningless" games by your definition throughout the season.

Why not rest the starters for these past 4 or 5 games? We're in the playoffs!

Ah, of course, we don't want to go into the playoffs limping. Sort of like having to recover and fix from a LOSS and cram in preperation for a playoff caliber team all in 6 or 7 games?

Last edited:
ARMEN'S ALWAYS RIGHT! DO NOT DISAGREE EVER!

You see how lame that sounds?

Armen Da Pats Fan said:

This has always happened. I don't know what alternate reality you live in, but this is just good personnel management. It happens to almost every team in almost every sport. Besides, the Patriots could play up to 3 games in less than 2 weeks. The amount of wear and tear on a body with just one game a week in the NFL is amazing, so resting the starters was the right solution.

Jacksonville is a much weaker team than Pittsburgh, which is also riding a hot streak right now. I'd rather play Indy in the second round after their starters haven't played for three weeks.

pats1 said:
There's always the incentive and higher goal to win and get the higher seed.

Brady has an equal chance of getting hurt in the 1st game of the season, where you could lose and still go 15-1. There's always that higher goal to shoot for, and it always includes WINNING. We're a franchise built on WINNING.

You can't play scared, because the chances of getting injured are equal every week, and there are many "meaningless" games by your definition throughout the season.

Why not rest the starters for these past 4 or 5 games? We're in the playoffs!

Ah, of course, we don't want to go into the playoffs limping. Sort of like having to recover and fix from a LOSS and cram in preperation for a playoff caliber team all in 6 or 7 games?
We're a franchise built on WINNING

YES AND NOW WE HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God did you people just get off the turnip truck?

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:

* Anyone who worries about who the opponent might be on the way to the SB is pushing a loser's mentality. Do you really think the Patriots are worried about which 3 teams they might face on the road to the playoffs? They are going to have to face 3 good teams no matter which of the 5 they'll play. I don't care it it's Pitts or Jax. If the Pats can't beat either one, they don't deserve to go any farther.

which is the "easier" playoff game?

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
I would have been so pi$$ed if we got the 3rd seed, thank god we didn't. Going for the win was one instance of pride getting in the way of reality.
i guess i could follow this line of thought if i only knew which team to want to play. j'ville and pittsburgh both have some strengths. pittsbburgh is a cold-weather team and j'ville isn't.
as i recall, over the past 4 years we fans have accepted whoever the draw put in front of our boys, and sent up millions of "win" messages to foxboro. this stuff about who-we-want-to-play makes me nervous.
why should we care who we play? patriots are good enough to beat every single team in the AFC. IMHO all it takes is a "par" performance to win. just play, what's it called now, "Patriot Football". if our guys lose to one of them, it's because Brady got hurt or we didn't perform up to par.
asking for this team or that, IMHO, will be seen as arrogance by the Football Gods. we've always just beat the crap outa whoever was across the line of scrimmage.
That's All I Want. Patriot Football. It's Been Good Enough For Five Years. It'll Be Good Enough This Year Too. I Don't Care Who We Play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots