PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank God we did not take a chance on Maurice Clarett...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
last year there was some talk about taking a chance on this guy, hate to say he got real confused about what he should be doing and had way toooo many chances, looks like he is busted big time.... why the hell is he wearing a bullet proof vest and carrying a bunch of weapons? Looks like a drive by awaiting to happen.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9651643/detail.html

Clarett Arrested; Police Find Arsenal Of Weapons Inside SUV
Officers Use Mace, Taser Gun To Subdue Ex-Buckeye Player

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said they used Mace and a Taser gun to arrest former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett Wednesday morning after they found an arsenal of weapons inside an SUV he was driving.

Clarett was taken into custody at about 3 a.m. in a restaurant's parking lot off Brice Road following a brief chase, NBC 4's David Wayne reported.

Police said they spotted an SUV that was driving erratically along Brice Road. They followed it as it drove onto Interstate 70, Wayne reported.

The SUV was then seen making a U-turn along the interstate. Officers placed stop-sticks on the road, but the SUV continued driving and exited along Brice Road, Wayne reported

GJAJ15 said:
last year there was some talk about taking a chance on this guy, hate to say he got real confused about what he should be doing and had way toooo many chances, looks like he is busted big time.... why the hell is he wearing a bullet proof vest and carrying a bunch of weapons? Looks like a drive by awaiting to happen.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said they used Mace and a Taser gun to arrest former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett Wednesday morning after they found an arsenal of weapons inside an SUV he was driving.

Clarett was taken into custody at about 3 a.m. in a restaurant's parking lot off Brice Road following a brief chase, NBC 4's David Wayne reported.

Police said they spotted an SUV that was driving erratically along Brice Road. They followed it as it drove onto Interstate 70, Wayne reported.

The SUV was then seen making a U-turn along the interstate. Officers placed stop-sticks on the road, but the SUV continued driving and exited along Brice Road, Wayne reported

I have to sit back and admire our coaching staff. When the Broncos drafted MC I was pretty upset, being that there was so much pre-draft hype that we were going to take a shot on him if he was around later in the draft (5th or whatever).. But now look, he's out of the NFL, into MORE trouble (four guns and a bullet proof vest????) and we're sitting here with Lawrence Maroney. The most tight rookie RB we've had since Robert Edwards! Now we just have to keep him away from Beach football during the offseason.

Dang it, just think how this guy could have opened his own holes with a couple shotgun blasts! Who needs speed when you've got an MP5 to slow the pursuit? Face it, BB missed an incredible opportunity here. :(

How the Miami Hurricanes missed on this guy, I'll never know.

This guy definately has some issues.

GJAJ15 said:

The guy just reeked of "character issues". I guess this just epitomises that. It is still surprising to me that the Pats picked up Jonathan Sullivan. We'll see.

There's such a thing as too much tightness>:rolleyes:

Why was he wearing a bullet proof vest in the middle of the day with 4 loaded guns in his car. What is he a dealer/Bloods member?

Anyone else think that he's trying out for the Bengals, I think he would fit right in.

I'm shocked that everyone would jump to any conclusions. I'm sure that there is a perfectly reasonable explanation.

It's entirely possible that Maurice was simply getting a head start on hunting season, and as everyone knows, its very important to get an early start in the morning. Noting the growing number of hunting accidents - *cough D1ck Cheney *cough - the prudent hunter should always be wearing a bullet proof vest.

As far as the automatic weapons, its important that hunters equip themselves with all the gear necessary to humanely take down this newest generation of Super Deer, many of which are rabid and can withstand normal shotgun pellets at least long enough to cause an exposed hunter or innocent bystander serious harm, what with those pointy antlers and all.

So please, let's not be judge and jury for Mo Clarett until we know all the facts because I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Last edited:
SeanBruschi54 said:
Why was he wearing a bullet proof vest in the middle of the day with 4 loaded guns in his car. What is he a dealer/Bloods member?
He was within a mile of where a woman lives who was about to testify against him in a robbery case. Getting pulled over may turn out to be the best thing that ever happens to him. Better to be Lawrence Phillips than OJ part deux.

JoeSixPat said:
As far as the automatic weapons, its important that hunters equip themselves with all the gear necessary to humanely take down this newest generation of Super Deer

There was a danged scary squirrel in my backyard this morning, let me tell ya. And don't even get me started on the groundhog....

While I try my best to reserve judgment, there aren't a lot of passable scenarios that end up with you wearing a bullet-proof vest, in a vehicle filled with assault weapons and open liquor bottles, driving wildly and careening into a police car. It seems that Mr. Clarett is well into the process of throwing away his life. It's a shame to see this with anyone.

JoeSixPat said:
So please, let's not be judge and jury for Mo Clarett until we know all the facts because I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation.

I will with hold judgement for now. Until proven otherwise I am going to assume he was going to go work border patrol in his SUV and keep us all safe. But kept getting confused over which border he was going to and needed to make a U-turn.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's even more pathetic is that (according to the "dale and holley" show today on WEEI) is that the police found an open vodka bottle in his car as well, but decieded that he was screwed as it is, so they will leave that off.:bricks:

Now there is a $5mil bond on this guy and he's in jail-----he's also got to appear in court on monday on a previous charge (armed robbery):eek:

JoeSixPat said:
I'm shocked that everyone would jump to any conclusions. I'm sure that there is a perfectly reasonable explanation.

It's entirely possible that Maurice was simply getting a head start on hunting season, and as everyone knows, its very important to get an early start in the morning. Noting the growing number of hunting accidents - *cough D1ck Cheney *cough - the prudent hunter should always be wearing a bullet proof vest.

As far as the automatic weapons, its important that hunters equip themselves with all the gear necessary to humanely take down this newest generation of Super Deer, many of which are rabid and can withstand normal shotgun pellets at least long enough to cause an exposed hunter or innocent bystander serious harm, what with those pointy antlers and all.

LOL...way too funny...amen, thank God we didn't take him. He is way beyond a bad seed. He is taking it to a new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back