Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thank GOD the media never accepted "Human Catastrophe"!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Dec 29, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +485 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

What a LOAD of bullsheet that spewed from our president's lips when he attempted to coin a new phrase to be used in place of terrorism & terrorist. Yes, from now on (he hoped) people would refer to these acts as "Acts of human catastrophe":rolleyes:

How's that going Mr President? Not one network has used it and frankly, it sounds STUPID!

TERRORISM & TERRORIST....get used it, it's here to stay!

You think the Israeli's use this kind of sensitivity crap when it comes to these dirt-bags? Let's not hurt the feeling of those who care about their terrorist!

Hey terrorists....look at me! I'm an infidel...I'm an infidel!! :rofl:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +321 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

No...you are a human catastrophe. :singing: HMM A word of advice ......stay off the sauce......

3. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +485 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Good one Flex! If that's what you call a terrorist hater, then that's what I am! How bout you young fella?

If I haven't told you or you haven't read my posts regarding "sauce"....I'm a recovering alcoholic Flex. I just celebrated my 20th anniversary being sober. I'm sure you partake of the "sauce" more than I do.

Now please try and respect that and refrain from insults. Alcoholism is a deadly disease and to joke about it is akin to joking about someone who survived cancer. Thank you!

Now, I would love to know what inspired you to make that comment. Please point out what comment you see as "sauce inspired". Remember, TERRORISTS are the crazy ones, not the infidels!

4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Quoted for truth..........

The did the same thing for the War on Terror, which is now the Overseas Contingen...... or some crap like that. Who knows anymore :rolleyes:

5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +485 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I haven't seen much respect of Obama's new terrorism dictionary at this point. I think they pretty much have remained status quo

6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +321 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

No ones ever Really recovering, are they? That whole recovery thing is a front. A facade

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +694 / 20 / -30

Did not know one even existed, if you have a link could you please direct me to it... you claim not to be from the right, but everything you say sounds like you are...

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +466 / 18 / -17

A search in Google turned up only one reference to "Acts of human catastrophe"

"Acts of human catastrophe" - Google Search

!!!

So, I'm not sure where you got the phrase from.

At any rate, I would guess the idea of limiting the use of the word "terrorist" is to prevent the either/or proposition, i.e., you're either pro-American or a terrorist. Unfortunately, the word "terrorist" probably has appeal to some people. Personally, I think the terrorists should be referred to as criminals.

9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +485 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Whatever Flex...thanks for the respect. You're a stand-up guy!:rolleyes:

10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +485 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Ok, my bad....the correct phrase coined by Obama is 'Man-Caused Disaster'. Here's a link;

Obama-Speak: Homeland Security Secretary Replaces 'Terrorism' With the Term 'Man-Caused Disaster' | NewsBusters.org

Or just Google 'Man-Caused Disaster' and you'll find several links to this term.

Quote:
    "Even as President Obama compares bankers to suicide bombers, his Homeland Security Secretary is suggesting the T-word, terrorism, is too inflammatory and representative of old-fashioned "politics of fear." She's announced a new term: "man-caused disaster."

Pretty much the same BS as I described. Like I said, that God it never caught on!

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +694 / 20 / -30

Newsbusters is the most read amongst the right.. try for some balance.

12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +485 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

There are well over 50 links you can look at. The FACT is, Obama coined the phrase "Man-caused disaster". Are you denying this or not? Have I written anything that isn't true?

How about you try replying directly to my post instead of attacking either me or my sources. No, that's not your style Darryl.

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Well, frankly, yes, you have. The entire following quote is a lie.

For that matter, you keep saying "Obama coined the phrase "Man-caused disaster" when, in fact, Napolitano coined it - and that's even stated in the title to your own link. "Homeland Security Secretary Replaces Terrorism With the Term "Man Caused Disaster."

So changing the terminology of your first lie but continuing to blame the corrected phrase on Obama when it's clearly stated that it was said by Napolitano would be your untruth #2 for today.

14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +466 / 18 / -17

So, are you saying that you made up the phrase "acts of human catastrophe"? That was wrong of you.

"Man-caused disaster" is certainly preferable if we want to move away from the politics of fear. The word "terrorism" plays into the terrorists hands, by evoking fear. The right-wing has for a long time used fear -- fear of communist, fear of gays recruiting kids, fear of black people moving into neighborhoods, fear of illegal immigrants stealing your job, fear of taking away your guns, and so on -- to achieve its aims, and the administration is correct in rejecting that sort of primitive paranoia which Al Qaeda and the American right wing use to exploit the people.

15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +485 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

So, you're assuming that Janet actually came up with this phrase on her own? I think the way government works is from the top-down. I HIGHLY doubt Obama didn't direct her to use this term. Especially since it fits in nicely with Obama's speeches regarding the "War on Terror".

So to clarify, "I believe" the phrase spewed from President Obama's lips first. Secondly, my assertion that it is an idiotic phrase is "right on the money"!

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +485 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

No, I didn't make it up. I just misquoted from memory. My bad. Most of my liberal friends...correction...ALL of my liberal friends call terrorism, terrorism.

CNN, MSNBC and other left-leaning news sources still call terrorism, TERRORISM. So I guess they don't agree with your assessment....thank God!

17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Well, forgive me for mentioning it, but I highly doubt anyone's going to be too influenced by what "you beleive." Especially considering you got both phrase and speaker wrong the first couple of times you tried to pawn it off as fact.

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +485 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Hey, I admit screwing up the opening comments. I have no issue admitting that. Yet the core issue remains pretty much untouched.

To summarize, only one poster (Patters) has actually replied to the topic. To date, you have even attempted to comment with your opinion of "Man made disasters".

So, what do you think of it?

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

Why Do American Liberal Loons Insist On Slobbering And Fawning Over America's Enemy's, Why Do Liberals HATE America?

Have Any "Good Muslims" condemned this latest Terrorist and His Underwear, why don't "Good Muslims" all over the world have Demonstrations against the "latest savage" Muslims themselves are the ones who can prevent "sterotyping" they can stop the Muslim Bashing by CONDEMING THE TERRORIST.

Why won't American Liberal Loons accept the fact that the Fanatics In The Muslim Religion want all Americans "roasted to death" why won't American Liberal Loons accept the fact that when one of these terrorist animals try to kill Americans all the "good muslims" run home and hide in their closets.

:confused::confused:

20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +485 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

The bottom line Harry is that both Ft Hood and the Detroit incident weren't "Man made disasters", they were acts of TERRORISM! end of story!