PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank God For Laurence Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need the moderator to edit your thread title from LM to Kevin Faulk. What did Maroney make 2 plays. One wasn't even a run play it was a pass then run, and made one 2 yard run for a first down. That was about it. I wouldn't cal it good work.

I'd call it a sign of life. Nothing wrong with that.

Do you need the moderator to edit your thread title from LM to Kevin Faulk. What did Maroney make 2 plays. One wasn't even a run play it was a pass then run, and made one 2 yard run for a first down. That was about it. I wouldn't cal it good work.

It's just too bad you didn't watch the game, I guess.

Please just, for once, LAY off and shut up. Maroney made way more than two plays - and did a good job in pass-protection, as well - and he had his OL working against him almost every carry. I love those guys but they were pathetic tonight.

As for Faulk, he made that big strip on the Ed Reed fumble, but he didn't otherwise have a terrific night. Drops, a TERRIBLE and potentially season-changing mental error going out of bounds before the 1st down marker.

So please, spare us for this one night your trumped-up nonsense about Maroney. He played an enormous role in the Pats winning tonight. If you only saw two plays, I'm sorry to say you're not very observant.

Last edited:
I thought LoMo ran the ball poorly as usual. Suprisingly, however, he was actually a factor in the passing game. He had an ok game. I don't know why people are doing cartwheels over it though. The guy had 44 yards rushing, a couple nice pass gains, and zero TDs. He played well overall, but he still was a dissapointment running the ball. Even the biggest pats homer in the world(Fred Smerlas) was saying Maroney stutter steps too much and Kevin Faulk hits the hole harder on the postgame show on WEEI.

Last edited:
I thought LoMo ran the ball poorly as usual. Suprisingly, however, he was actually a factor in the passing game. He had an ok game. I don't know why people are doing cartwheels over it though. The guy had 44 yards rushing, a couple nice pass gains, and zero TDs. He played well overall, but he still was a dissapointment running the ball. Even the biggest pats homer in the world(Fred Smerlas) was saying Maroney stutter steps too much and Kevin Faulk hits the hole harder on the postgame show on WEEI.

You're an @$$clown. Maroney must have banged your sister.

Maroney was responsible for 123 of the 347 total yards the Patriots rang up.

Do STFU....

Ravens "D" allows an average of 2.8 ypc. Maroney ran for 44 yards on 13 carries. 44/13= 3.4 ypc.

I know, I know..... you don't deal with facts, you prefer to just make assertions without anything to back them up.

Last edited:
2-3 (sometimes 6) yards per carry = not good
the late catch from brady for a big gain = nice!!!

i hope this is a start of a solid performance every week...

Where are all the Maroney Haters?

After his second catch I wanted to look at those people and scream "How do you like him now?!?!" Maroney has done a lot to help this team, I get tired of the bashing he gets on here, most of it undeserved. Maroney makes a lot of nice moves to avoid getting dropped in the backfield or to get an extra yard or two, but that is never posted about on here.

I thought LoMo ran the ball poorly as usual. Suprisingly, however, he was actually a factor in the passing game. He had an ok game. I don't know why people are doing cartwheels over it though. The guy had 44 yards rushing, a couple nice pass gains, and zero TDs. He played well overall, but he still was a dissapointment running the ball.

Perhaps the receiving performance you reluctantly laud Maroney for would be more apparent on his rushing attempts if *GASP* Brady didn't telegraph his handoffs so much!

Brady hands off to Faulk seemlessly. When he hands off to Maroney, it looks like August on a high school field. Hand off initiated...One, two...hand off completed. Defense already dialed in and attacking.

(Although, admittedly, this also works to open up play-action passing better...)

ALSO: Maroney was EXCELLENT in pass blocking.

Last edited:
ALSO: Maroney was EXCELLENT in pass blocking.
On two passing plays, he made the defender look like a blocking dummy.

He also looked natural catching the ball on the play action pass.

I am neither a Maroney basher or apologist. Realistically , I think there was some stuff to build on tonight, nothing more.

He showed improvement ( not excellence, like someone said) in one of the most important jobs for the RB in this offense, pass blocking and blitz pick up. He's not at Faulks level yet, nor Sammi Morris's .

He was good catching the ball, not excellent. Honestly, my grandmother could have taken that second swing pass for 40+ yards with no defenders within 20 yards and Welker blocking. Elite RB's take that to the house.

Faulk still brings more to the running game in between the tackles.

But it is something to build on. I'll be rooting hard for Maroney against Pittsburgh

Last edited:
I am neither a Maroney basher or apologist. Realistically , I think there was some stuff to build on tonight, nothing more.

He showed improvement ( not excellence, like someone said) in one of the most important jobs for the RB in this offense, pass blocking and blitz pick up. He's not at Faulks level yet, nor Sammi Morris's .

He was good catching the ball, not excellent. Honestly, my grandmother could have taken that second swing pass for 40+ yards with no defenders within 20 yards and Welker blocking. Elite RB's take that to the house.

Faulk still brings more to the running game in between the tackles.

But it is something to build on. I'll be rooting hard for Maroney against Pittsburgh

I have to agree here. He looked like crap running the ball (Faulk looked significantly better) until the Ravens played off the line because they were afraid of Brady throwing the ball. Yes, he looked good catching the ball, but is there anyone who thinks that Faulk wouldn't have done the same thing with it in his hands?

As long as we're not arguing that Watson had a good game, I'll agree... something to build on.

Maroney had a decent game. His runs weren't great but like someone else mentioned they were above average against the Ravens. Faulk had a good game as well.

The important thing to remember though, as always, is that NSA is a moron.

Do you need a 3rd grade teacher to teach you how to read? Can you actually read what I posted or do I need to go draw a cartoon so you can get it? Your post has to be one of the most idiotic thoughts all night. WE WOULD HAVE LOST IF IT WASN'T FOR MARONEY'S BIG PLAYS. CAN'T YOU GET IT NUMNUT?

How do you get 1 ounce of meat out of frankies fly? Try unzipping it because there is nothing there that shows he has courage to stand up to reality. Get a clue bozo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back