PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank God For Laurence Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

antimennai

Laurence,

Thanks for your hard play tonight. It wasn't easy to run on that defensive line, and you didn't have much success getting good yards. When the game was on the line, you stepped up and played with your heart. Thanks for the two great catches and some solid 4th quarter runs. We would not have won without your hard work tonight. This type of play is why we drafted you. Let's keep building on it.

True Fans

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Than God For Laurence Maroney

I second that. As I mentioned in another thread, Laurence Maroney was one of TWO OFFENSIVE PLAYERS tonight who actually played consistently well. He ran up against a tough DL, in the face of a HORRENDOUSLY LAME Patriots offensive line performance, and he made big plays when we needed him to.

In addition, the few times he was called on to do so, LoMar did a very creditable job in pass protection. Thank God he played so well. If he hadn't, we lose. DEFINITELY.

:)
Go Lomo!

Last edited:
Where are all the Maroney Haters?

Bashing Brandon Meriweather in another thread.

Poor Meriweather.
He has to bear the brunt of the hate this week.:rolleyes:
I hope he survives.

heh...the sky is falling...the sky is falling!!

National Chicken Little must have stuck 500 pins in his Maroney voodoo doll tonight

heh...the sky is falling...the sky is falling!!

National Chicken Little must have stuck 500 pins in his Maroney voodoo doll tonight

Now that is funny. Notice the 'tard isnt posting?

Maroney averaged more than half a yard per carry BETTER than other running backs who'd played against the Ravens and, if you listened to certain people, that shouldn't matter.

Maroney threw several blocks that bought Brady enough time to make throws. And he had 2 CLUTCH pass catches for 79 yards.

I second that. As I mentioned in another thread, Laurence Maroney was one of TWO OFFENSIVE PLAYERS tonight who actually played consistently well. He ran up against a tough DL, in the face of a HORRENDOUSLY LAME Patriots offensive line performance, and he made big plays when we needed him to.

In addition, the few times he was called on to do so, LoMar did a very creditable job in pass protection. Thank God he played so well. If he hadn't, we lose. DEFINITELY.

Hear, hear; and it's about effin time that BB and lil' Skippy start using him Properly, i.e. with a lead FB and gaining a head of steam with the handoff. These lethargic-looking draw plays give LaMa absolutely no momentum whatsoever. And for eff's sake, toss the ball out to him in space! WTF is so dam hard about that?

*Appreciates*

Made some big catches, improved as the game went on and was essential in the win tonight. Thanks Lo-Mo!

We need you down the stretch LOMO I don't want Mcfadden in a Pats jersey sorry National.
I want to rebuild this aging defense and now we can rebuild the defense thru the draft by trading down.
Thank god go Patriots lose niners!

Hear, hear; and it's about effin time that BB and lil' Skippy start using him Properly, i.e. with a lead FB and gaining a head of steam with the handoff. These lethargic-looking draw plays give LaMa absolutely no momentum whatsoever. And for eff's sake, toss the ball out to him in space! WTF is so dam hard about that?

He looked really good in open space on the check down tonight. It gave him the time he needed to get into an open field and explode. IMO, this is a maturity process. If he learns to bring this more to the line, he will excel to the back we all want him to be.

I also think that the Pats need to show more looks of Maroney in the passing game so the D doesn't automatically think run when he is in.

Outside of maybe the Washington game, this was Maroney's best showing this season, IMO. He came up huge. Hope he continues to prove his critics wrong, and earn the trust of the coaching staff.

Please get the ball to Maroney in open space more, Josh. Thanks.

*Appreciation*

He played pretty well, though I thought the "breaking glass" sound effect in the chat room every time he carried the ball was pretty funny.

Do you need the moderator to edit your thread title from LM to Kevin Faulk. What did Maroney make 2 plays. One wasn't even a run play it was a pass then run, and made one 2 yard run for a first down. That was about it. I wouldn't cal it good work.

123 all purpose yards...that suks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing