PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank god for getting rid of Sanders & Meriweather!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the idiot who couldn't cover or tackle was more likely to grab a game clinching INT, rather than rape a receiver on the end zone line with 30 seconds to go!!!

Meriweather would have more likely been free lancing and be nowhere near where he was supposed to have been.

I thought the secondary wasn't the greatest of our concerns today, despite the last drive. But I do miss Sanders; he was smart and serviceable even with his "physical limitations"... I think his contract was just a bit too much to justify him being a backup.

Here's something novel for all you arm chair GM's....Barrett & Brown were better in practice & TC than Meriweather who can't tackle or cover and Sanders who can't tackle or run?

Sure the safeties aren't good, but you'd all still be complaining if it was Meriweather or Sanders back there instead.
Tell you what the D was better last year with them.

Tell you what the D was better last year with them.

And all of those guys, McCourty/Sanders/Chung/Meriweather picked off a lot of passes.

Even during the shout the safties played poorly.

Sanders shouldn't have left.

And all of those guys, McCourty/Sanders/Chung/Meriweather picked off a lot of passes.
What ever it was they played better than this group of sub-jags.

keeping butler, sanders, meri, and bodden would been much better then this piece of **** D with have now.... the D has a connection together, they had a bonding back then.... now all these new players is just random people out there going at it.. must players cut from the pats and still on the pats team still talk and hang with eachother... that bonding was better than what we have now ... fckn white... you going to cut him BB?

Meriweather would have more likely been free lancing and be nowhere near where he was supposed to have been.

So he wouldn't have been called for the PI and No way he catches that ball as it was five feet over his head!! Seriously what was Brown thinking? Just run over into the guy?? YOUR A SAFETY READ THE QUATERBACK!!!!!!!!!! There is no way that a Safety should blindly be running into a reciever, there job is to watch the QB, he was clearly lost he would have been better just curling up into a ball in the fetal position. Maybe Vareen can play safety cuz apparently he can't play RB. What happend to Riddley, I gues he gets one drive and thats it.

Maybe they can switch Ras-I to safety, oh wait he is on IR, NOBODY SAW THAT COMING! When I think about all the time I wasted on the draft boards thinki what BB would do with that pick, blowing it on an oft injuried cornerback, was strangley no one of the options discussed..................

The Pats entered the last draft with three of the top 33 picks, and came out of it with a back-up right tackle, the 30 or 32 pick (depending on the Green Bay NO NFC Championship game this year) in next years draft, and Shawn Crable.

Its like playing with fire having some of these guys on the field. Disaster waiting to happen. Brown and White proved this today.

The bottom line is that Belichick thought that it was reasonable to upgrade Meriweather and Sanders and cut them before he knew what he had with their replacements.

2010: Chung, Meriweather, Sanders, Brown (ST)
2011: Chung, Barrett, Brown, Ihedigbo (ST)

Obviously, we are seeing the results.
============================

BTW, at corner, it seems that replacing Butler and Wilhite with Molden and Adams may still work out.

Here's something novel for all you arm chair GM's....Barrett & Brown were better in practice & TC than Meriweather who can't tackle or cover and Sanders who can't tackle or run?

Sure the safeties aren't good, but you'd all still be complaining if it was Meriweather or Sanders back there instead.

Sure. OchoCinco looks good in practice. What has he done on the field?

No matter what anyone says. The poor play from Barrett, Ihedigbo, and Brown will always lead to questions about releasing Sanders and Meriweather.

BTW, at corner, it seems that replacing Butler and Wilhite with Molden and Adams may still work out.

Yes, after the team spends yet another 1st or second round pick on the position, things might work out.

Molden and Adams? Not so much...

Agreed. We do have Dowling for next year.

Yes, after the team spends yet another 1st or second round pick on the position, things might work out.

Molden and Adams? Not so much...

Agreed. We do have Dowling for next year.

Will they be putting him in cryo-stasis until then, in order to make sure he doesn't get hurt again?

Dowling's has lousy fluidity in his hips...he's more suited to safety than corner..obviously this is bad news because he'd be expected to hit as a safety and whenever he hits something he breaks...I know it's not usually prudent to judge a first year pick in his first season, but with Dowling, you have to wonder if this season is exactly where every season is going to end up ...the I.R.

The cutting of Sanders and Merriweather was horribly mismanaged. The problem wasn't so much that they were cut but the timing. These guys were in the system for years. Their weakness were well known to this coaching staff. They should have cut them in the Spring or whenever this years rules allowed for them to be cut and the Pats should have then, long ago, set out to bring in at least one top notch Safety or draft one or more. Instead they spend second and third round picks on RBs they don't even use, sign a half dozen aging D lineman, and ignore the safety position Just putrid decision making here. I just don't get it.

Maybe this tells us something about who is buying the groceries?? I guess there arent safeties who can learn our system

Sometimes it's better to go with the devil you know.

True story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back