Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thank God For Chief Justice Roberts

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by TommyBrady12, Nov 7, 2008.

1. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 18 / -9

#12 Jersey

It seems like John Roberts and the Supreme Court are the only ones who can place a check on the Obama Administration and the liberal congress. Thankfully, Roberts is only 53 and will be Chief Justice for the next 40 years. LOL. Democrats have to wait 40 years to appoint a new Chief Justice.

Do you guys think Roberts will swear in "Barrack Obama" or "Barack Hussein Obama?" I guarantee you that the obama people will ask Roberts not to use obama's middle name when he is administering the oath. :D If I were Roberts, I'd ignore the request based on supreme court "protocol."
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  2. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Yeah, but I am looking forward to justice Nancy Pelosi. The CJ has only marginally more power than the other 8.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

yeah, the same supreme court that ruled against Bush's TORTURE regime?

WTF are you talking about?

listen dude.....The neoconagenda has been put to the test, the results are in:

MISERABLE FAILURE

Its time for a new direction. I could give a $h!T less if he swears in as Barack Hitler Steinbrenner...as long as its not W.
  4. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 18 / -9

#12 Jersey

what about Justice (Hilary) Clinton? I hear she might be interested. Enough to make me yack.
  5. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Neither Hillary nor Bill are getting it.

Hillary and Bill did zitch to help Obama in the general election, and almost ziltch to help Kerry in the in 04.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

thats a possibility for sure. This is what 8 years of the Bushies has done. While you people were laughing as the world went to $h!t, people were thinking about the future and preparing for an election.

suck it up....

If you hear the name Justice Clinton, it will be because of the failure of the Bush administration and nothing else. Congrats.
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

another one-star, hate-filled turd of a thread by a forum newcomer who thinks his "fear party" rationale is something refreshing and new for all of us...

yawn-tacular...

:rolleyes:
  8. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Another neoclown newbie. Neoclown newbie we've heard it all before by better neoclowns than you. I guess you didn't get the ahh memo your out of buisness.
  9. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Good thing McCain won't be picking any. Judge Sarah anyone? :)
  10. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +801 / 4 / -5

#75 Jersey

Who cares? Everyone knows his middle name and he won with a healthy mandate.

I look forward to him PROUDLY being sworn in as President Barack Hussein Obama.

Anti-Semitic (yes, Hussein is a semitic name) racists like you will just have to eat your own $#&* and like it. And if you don't, you can always move to Russia! :D
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  11. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Ignoring the other BS, for the last time, nobody ever cared that Obama's middle name was used, they cared WHY it was being used and how. If you still can't grasp that then there's just no hope for you.
  12. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

While Roberts wasn't exactly born in a dirt shack, he has come a long way and achieved much in his career. I'm sure that now that its time to do, for the very first time, what's got to be the most rewarding task a Chief Justice is asked to do he'll want to muck it all up by injecting petty, partisan bs into it:rolleyes:
  13. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I hope our president uses his full name. Not a snide comment on Roberts part but because that is what Obama asks for.

It is time to realize that Obama's middle name is no more significant than someone whose middle name is McVeigh.
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 2 / -9

Bush is called "George (Chimp Boy King Scumbag) Bush" we can't call Obama that so we use the name his father gave him.
  15. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -13

#12 Jersey

Agreed!

Actually, the word "Antisemitism" was coined by an antisemite to refer specifically to anti-Jewishness. Never mind that his etymology was bad -- the word meanings are based on usage, and the usage is what it is.
  16. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -13

#12 Jersey

His name is Barack Hussein Obama or Barack Hussein Obama Jr.

I expect him to use the first form, not the second. ;)
  17. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 18 / -9

#12 Jersey

first of all, do you even know what a neocon is without looking it up? secondly, i'm a paleocon, not a neocon. thirdly, a neocon is better than a communist-in-chief, like we have now.
  18. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Communist?

From your original post, one would feel the Muslim threat, at least that was the sophomoric intention. And now communist?

Since you are in a questioning mode, do you know what a communist is? If you had read the first thing about it, then you would not be making such hateful, not to mention ignorant remarks.

BTW, it doesn't matter the least bit what ideolog you think is a better choice.
    American people have spoken and we have a President, learn to live with it.
  19. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +801 / 4 / -5

#75 Jersey

W. Bush is a Neo-Con, so you must be happy he is about to join Herbie Hoover on the trash heap of history.

I guess the John Birch Society is so universally ridiculed that their members had to come up with a new name!

'Nuf ced.

Thank God we will have President Barack Hussein Obama on January 20th 2009. A GREAT day for our nation.

You'll just have to live with it! :D
  20. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 18 / -9

#12 Jersey

i'm a conservative but i don't agree with everything with Bush did. He made a lot of mistakes as president. However, I don't think it was his conservative ideology that failed. Rather, it was just stupidity. There's a difference. So if bush goes on the ash heap of history then it's his own fault, not his beliefs.

Second, Barook looked lost yesterday at his press conference. The longest he spent on was the new white house puppy. if you think that a simple change in administration is going to solve everything within the next few years, you are in for a rude awakening. the credit crisis was started by Clinton, who desperately wanted to make low income people have a home (a way for him to get votes. now it's coming back to haunt us. same thing with terrorism - he dropped the ball on bin laden, and it hurt us bad. Most of the problems of the last 8 years can be attributed to Clinton. Barook will continue the same stuff as Clinton and the next republican president will get blamed.