TFB named Offensive Player of the Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Per RealPats Twitter:

http://twitter.com/realpatriots

For 3rd time of his career, Tom Brady named AFC Offensive Player of the Month. Previous honors came in Sept and Oct '07.

So does that mean he's TFB '07 again? ;)

I wonder if we can trade all these awards in for a Lombardi?

Last edited:
With all the early struggles, he's still in the top 5 with yards, TDS. I <3 TFB.

Meriweather is DPOW and Brady is OPOM. The league doesn't seem to care that they played the Titans and Bucs when granting these accolades. They're not saying let's wait and see how they do against the Colts and Saints before we say they're deserving. Maybe some of us should lighten up in this regard.

With all the early struggles, he's still in the top 5 with yards, TDS. I <3 TFB.

Third in passing yards (roughly 200 more than Manning right now) and second in passing TD's (behind Matt Schaub who has 16 and tied with Manning who has 15). And yes, this is with all of the struggles he's faced early in the season. This reaffirms my point that I'd rather have a Tom Brady at 80% then about 29-30 other QB's at 100%. :cool:

Third in passing yards (roughly 200 more than Manning right now) and second in passing TD's (behind Matt Schaub who has 16 and tied with Manning who has 15). And yes, this is with all of the struggles he's faced early in the season. This reaffirms my point that I'd rather have a Tom Brady at 80% then about 29-30 other QB's at 100%. :cool:

Too bad we couldn't have started with the Colts schedule, haha.

Also adding the PFT article on this. Man this guy loves to stir the sheeeeeeeite.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ils-down-afc-offensive-player-of-month-award/

In a month that began with complaints from Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis regarding the perception that the league affords too much protection to Pats quarterback Tom Brady, Brady parlayed that extra protection into a performance that secured for him the distinction of AFC offensive player of the month for October.

It's the third time Brady has won the monthly prize -- the other two came in September and October 2007.

Brady completed 92 of 131 passes, good for an accuracy percentage of 70.2. He also generated 1,161 yards, threw for twelve scores, and compiled a 121.7 passer rating in leading the Patriots to three wins. Their lone loss of the month came in overtime at Denver, against a Broncos team coached by Brady's former offensive coordinator.

The Patriots currently lead the AFC East with a 5-2 record. The Jets are in second place at 4-3.

Last edited:
Too bad we couldn't have started with the Colts schedule, haha.

Oh god. Now you're going to have Colts fans coming in here screaming and crying and trying to drive home the point that they have the tougher schedule. :rolleyes: I've heard a lot of ridiculous arguments from them when it comes to Colts-Pats comparisons and who has the better/tougher/faster/whatever, but the argument that some Colts fans have been making lately about how they have the tougher schedule might take the cake. Talk about grasping at straws...

Oh god. Now you're going to have Colts fans coming in here screaming and crying and trying to drive home the point that they have the tougher schedule. :rolleyes: I've heard a lot of ridiculous arguments from them when it comes to Colts-Pats comparisons and who has the better/tougher/faster/whatever, but the argument that some Colts fans have been making lately about how they have the tougher schedule might take the cake. Talk about grasping at straws...

My boss lives in Indy, and is a huge Colts fan. He has been insufferable this season. Bring up the easy schedule they've had, and he gets apoplectic.

I'm certain that the "washed-up, one-legged, skirt-wearing, pretty boy" brigade finds this very offensive! Sorry, losers! HA! :bye2:

Keep showing them what you're really made of TFB!!!!

:youtheman:

Last edited:
brady-juke_profile_page.jpg

More important is that he also wins OPOTM in November when 4 CRITICAL games come about,If he is OPOTM in November we should be 9-2 or 8-3 at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down