PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texas vs The Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked what I've seen from the following:

Wilson - DE - 2 Sacks so far. Almost had a 3rd. But has been moved to the LDE position since starting at RDE.
Toney Baker - RB
Stewart - WR
Cooley - RB
Jamie McCoy - FB - Reminded me of Sammy Morris

Veldheer got schooled twice by Junior Gallette.

With it's affiliation with the Hall of Fame, the NFL has to step in and help with the production of this game next year. It's really so poorly done.. As Box mentioned, way too much time is spent with the "Alumni" there... There have been several times they were still doing the sideline junk when play was going on.

With it's affiliation with the Hall of Fame, the NFL has to step in and help with the production of this game next year. It's really so poorly done.. As Box mentioned, way too much time is spent with the "Alumni" there... There have been several times they were still doing the sideline junk when play was going on.

That's really just typical TV "coverage" anymore, especially for college all-star games, the "meaningless" NFL pre-season games and most of the lower-echelon bowl games. The broadcasters and the "arty" camera work are the stars. The guys in pads playing the game are merely secondary.

NFL Network's Senior Bowl coverage was no better - if only I could reach through a TV screen and slap the producer and director silly.

NFL Network's Senior Bowl coverage was no better - if only I could reach through a TV screen and slap the producer and director silly.

Yeah, sometimes I fantasize about hitting the Lotto big and what I'd do with the money. One of the first things I'd do (after hitting the Kubota dealer for a new tractor) would be to take out a full-page ad in the New York Times on behalf of football fans everywhere detailing just how uninformative, irrelevant and detractive (in a word: sucky) TV coverage has become.

Since my chances of hitting the Lotto are only slightly greater than Tim Tebow's chances of replacing Tom Brady, maybe we should take up a collection and start a fund, or organize an email protest - deluge Goodell, the NCAA Commissioners, TV network sports directors and every sports writer we can think of with a mass emailing on one day.

If by better 'career', you mean his first full season as a starter was his senior season... I suppose you could say that.

Jonathan Crompton Stats, News, Photos - Tennessee Volunteers - NCAA College Football - ESPN

Crompton is an interesting prospect with prototypical NFL QB size. His senior campaign was fairly impressive even though he got shut down by UCLA and Florida. Combined passing yardage of 186 yards 0 tds and 5 ints in those 2 big games. To be fair he also had two big 5 TD games against Western Kentucky and Memphis, but how good are those teams really?

What round is Crompton projected to go? If he lasts till the 3rd/4th I wouldn't mind developing him as the 3rd QB. You really can't have enough good quarterback prospects in development. It's really disappointing that Kevin O'Connell didn't work out. He appeared to have all the athletic tools you'd want, I guess he didn't make the cut mentally.

OG/C is still a need so, perhaps we could luck out and find an underrated one in the later rounds? I think the OL will definitely be scrutinized by Patriot scouts.

Yeah. The thing for me about O'Connell is that he always seemed tentative and never really "in charge." Hoyer has been just the opposite, which is why I'm pretty confident in him.

I thought the coverage was significantly better for the Senior Bowl...At least, I don't remember them continuing to focus on the sideline crap while a play was ongoing.. They may have still had the voices, the they were showing the plays.

I thought the coverage was significantly better for the Senior Bowl...At least, I don't remember them continuing to focus on the sideline crap while a play was ongoing.. They may have still had the voices, the they were showing the plays.
You must have been looking down at the wrong time. :bricks:

Could anyone could me a recap? I was at a dance rehearsal and missed the entire game. I can't seem to find analysis or reviews anywhere online, and I was really interested in several of the players in this game, particularly Batten, Karim, Easley, and Harbor. I'd love to know how they did. Thanks.

Could anyone could me a recap? I was at a dance rehearsal and missed the entire game. I can't seem to find analysis or reviews anywhere online, and I was really interested in several of the players in this game, particularly Batten, Karim, Easley, and Harbor. I'd love to know how they did. Thanks.
Off the cuff, I'll need to do a lot of slo-mo review:

-- Batten: played out of position at MLB and was slow to make the reads.
-- Karim: Ran well.
-- Easley: Raw, but some talent to try and develop.
-- Harbor: Much to like.

Veldheer - I don't think he helped himself today. Though he didn't hurt himself either

The QBs: None of them really shined. Hiller plain out sucked...

Star of the Day: The undersized Trendon Holiday RB/WR/KR from LSU..

Best Defensive Lineman: DE E.J. Wilson from NC

Best Receiver - Juamorris Stewart

Linebackers - Josh Hull played well at the SLB in the 4-3. He said he felt he'd be a fit for the Pats... He seemed to Stack and shed pretty well on some of the running downs.. On others he got washed out.. Which is the norm..

Last edited:
Still can't find the Texas v. Nation Weigh-In list anywhere, nor, surprisingly, the game Box Score - not even on CBS Sports.

Anybody have any links?

Still can't find the Texas v. Nation Weigh-In list anywhere, nor, surprisingly, the game Box Score - not even on CBS Sports.

Anybody have any links?
I had an e-mail from a draftnik site correspondent who was down there to watch the practices, he reported media was NOT allowed in for weigh-ins. He was trying to get a copy of the weigh-in results from a friendly scout, but would not post the information to protect the scout, just use it as background information for future write-ups.

The only good reason I can think of to not provide weigh-in results to the media is all 32 teams may not yet be sending representatives and those non-participating teams are being frozen out until they treat TvN like a legitimate meat market.

Finally got to see the game sunday. Not a lot to get excited about other than Holiday. I sure would like to see him or Dexter McCluster on the Pats.

Wison from NC made some plays from the defensive line and there was some good blocking on runs but I couldn't tell who was who most of the time. #62 in white looked really fast pulling especially when he ran over the QB but he did some good things. He was from Penn State. Did not like Shields at CB.

Did like Harbor at TE

Last edited:
I had an e-mail from a draftnik site correspondent who was down there to watch the practices, he reported media was NOT allowed in for weigh-ins. He was trying to get a copy of the weigh-in results from a friendly scout, but would not post the information to protect the scout, just use it as background information for future write-ups.

The only good reason I can think of to not provide weigh-in results to the media is all 32 teams may not yet be sending representatives and those non-participating teams are being frozen out until they treat TvN like a legitimate meat market.

WELL! I am SHOCKED, do you hear?! [splutter, splutter] Absolutely

Aww, screw it. Doesn't surprise me. What DOES surprise is that CBS hasn't posted a box score. I thought the game was more or less their baby, network-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes