PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texas vs The Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was his "estimated" weight on NFL Draft Scout, but they never reported on his Pro Day weigh-in so we only have the "unofficial" roster for the Pats with his reported weight when he was signed. 275 ;) back at ya. :D

Where do you get that it was his "estimated" weight? He'll have had weigh-ins at the East/West Shrine game in which he played and at his Pro-Day where they have the 286 listed.

Maybe instead of these light, athletic guards they can get a guy who can actually move people out of the way.

John Jerry is a guard, 6'5" 330, I'd like them to get someone like him.

Maybe instead of these light, athletic guards they can get a guy who can actually move people out of the way.

John Jerry is a guard, 6'5" 330, I'd like them to get someone like him.

If Jerry isn't agile enough, then you hurt the screen play because you limit yourself to just one side of the field since he wouldn't be able to make it out in front of the RB..And the RB screen is one of the Pats bread and butter plays.

Last edited:
Where do you get that it was his "estimated" weight? He'll have had weigh-ins at the East/West Shrine game in which he played and at his Pro-Day where they have the 286 listed.
This is why I take player weight with a hefty grain of salt unless I see a published game or combine weigh-in:
-- Fresno State's 2007 bio page lists him at 275.
-- The roster for the 83rd Shrine Game lists him at 285.
-- NFLDS lists only his height/weight, which usually means a scout's campus numbers, as 286.
-- NE's unofficial roster lists Wendell at 275.
-- My eyes see a 295/300+ pounder on TV.

In any case, Adamski reads like a Scarnecchia Academy prospect, strong, technically sound, projected UDFA. 285 to 300 is easily doable for Coaches Woicik and Nash given a year on the Practice Squad. We'll see how the kid looks in the game.

EDIT: If you have a published weigh-in for the 83rd Shrine game please link it. Thanks.

Last edited:
This is why I take player weight with a hefty grain of salt unless I see a published game or combine weigh-in:
-- Fresno State's 2007 bio page lists him at 275.
-- The roster for the 83rd Shrine Game lists him at 285.
-- NFLDS lists only his height/weight, which usually means a scout's campus numbers, as 286.
-- NE's unofficial roster lists Wendell at 275.
-- My eyes see a 295/300+ pounder on TV.

In any case, Adamski reads like a Scarnecchia Academy prospect, strong, technically sound, projected UDFA. 285 to 300 is easily doable for Coaches Woicik and Nash given a year on the Practice Squad. We'll see how the kid looks in the game.

EDIT: If you have a published weigh-in for the 83rd Shrine game please link it. Thanks.

Box - I don't have a link for the published weigh-in. Wish I did. But that's moot.

As I said in my original post... "hat being said, Adamski supposedly excels in zone blocking schemes with excellent technique... Definitely going to be interesting to see who he matches up with..":D

Box - I don't have a link for the published weigh-in. Wish I did. But that's moot.

As I said in my original post... "hat being said, Adamski supposedly excels in zone blocking schemes with excellent technique... Definitely going to be interesting to see who he matches up with..":D
Yep, as I noted earlier, I broke down and changed my DirecTV package because of all the intriguing OL reports, there's a reason this game is growing as fast as it has - now if only NFL Network would get off the stick and include the Shrine game and TvN in it's programming. Cheap, lazy bastitches.

Yep, as I noted earlier, I broke down and changed my DirecTV package because of all the intriguing OL reports, there's a reason this game is growing as fast as it has - now if only NFL Network would get off the stick and include the Shrine game and TvN in it's programming. Cheap, lazy bastitches.

Yeah, they are cheap and lazy... It's one of the reasons they are headed towards a lockout..Not to mention how they cut the NFL Films crew..

But, we're getting off topic.

I'd love for you to post your "Watch List" for the TvN game. Be intersting to get numerous takes on the different players.

Yeah, they are cheap and lazy... It's one of the reasons they are headed towards a lockout..Not to mention how they cut the NFL Films crew..

But, we're getting off topic.

I'd love for you to post your "Watch List" for the TvN game. Be intersting to get numerous takes on the different players.
Are we talking before the game or my observations?

I realize this aspect of the quick guards keeps being brought up, but it appears the rest of the NFL is fully aware of the Pats screen game to the point that we do not call that many screens anymore.

Doesn't Indy's speed beat our screens? In addition,Baltimore destroyed the WR screen.

Someone help me with my memory, cuz I can't remember Koppen being outside on a screen in recent games.

I seems to me that next years team will have a less screen oriented game plan.

If Jerry isn't agile enough, then you hurt the screen play because you limit yourself to just one side of the field since he wouldn't be able to make it out in front of the RB..And the RB screen is one of the Pats bread and butter plays.

anyone know where to catch a live stream online?

I realize this aspect of the quick guards keeps being brought up, but it appears the rest of the NFL is fully aware of the Pats screen game to the point that we do not call that many screens anymore.

Doesn't Indy's speed beat our screens? In addition,Baltimore destroyed the WR screen.

Someone help me with my memory, cuz I can't remember Koppen being outside on a screen in recent games.

I seems to me that next years team will have a less screen oriented game plan.
NE has reduced the number of RB screens, but they are running WR screens all the time and I saw Koppen upfield blocking for Welker, Edelman, Aiken, and Moss all last season, not to mention 2008 and 2007.

Before the game, of course.
The OL have some kids who seems to have some real potential:
- Vandenheer
- Eastman
- Hardman
- Landolt
- Campbell
- Knips
- Harewood
- Cook
- Adamski

DE/LB (They've moved one I really want to watch inside to MLB, so it's not just OLB):
- Batten
- Knicky
- Tracy
- Moats
- Johnson
- Daniels
- Wilson

DT:
- Ross
- Ivey
- Lissemore

S:
- Webster
- Schillinger
- Lewis

CB
- Hawkins
- Brown
- Smith
- Adams
- Standford

QB
- Crompton
- Brown

RB
- Steele
- Karim
- Cooley
- Smith
- Flemming

TE
- Harbor
- Harmon

WR
- Easley
- Moturi
- Williams
- Stewart
- Perry

I like Crompton a lot. I don't know why he's playing in this game, as opposed to others. It says here that he has a better NFL career than Bradford or McCoy, as well as every other QB out there besides Clausen.

If by better 'career', you mean his first full season as a starter was his senior season... I suppose you could say that.

Jonathan Crompton Stats, News, Photos - Tennessee Volunteers - NCAA College Football - ESPN

Crompton is an interesting prospect with prototypical NFL QB size. His senior campaign was fairly impressive even though he got shut down by UCLA and Florida. Combined passing yardage of 186 yards 0 tds and 5 ints in those 2 big games. To be fair he also had two big 5 TD games against Western Kentucky and Memphis, but how good are those teams really?

What round is Crompton projected to go? If he lasts till the 3rd/4th I wouldn't mind developing him as the 3rd QB. You really can't have enough good quarterback prospects in development. It's really disappointing that Kevin O'Connell didn't work out. He appeared to have all the athletic tools you'd want, I guess he didn't make the cut mentally.

OG/C is still a need so, perhaps we could luck out and find an underrated one in the later rounds? I think the OL will definitely be scrutinized by Patriot scouts.

Last edited:
These darned networks kissing the backside of retired players on the sideline instead of letting us watch the kids playing. I'm going to use a month's quota of cussing in the first half alone.

These darned networks kissing the backside of retired players on the sideline instead of letting us watch the kids playing. I'm going to use a month's quota of cussing in the first half alone.

What channel is it playing on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back