PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texas vs The Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to see an actual roster for the game, have you? It's not on the official web site yet. I've heard Austen Lane got an invitation, and would love to see him play.

Jared Veldheer and Austen Lane in that game make it more interesting to me than the Shrine Game, and almost as interesting as the Senior Bowl.

Two more are among my favorite sleepers:

RB Deji Karim, Southern Illinois
DE Danny Batten, South Dakota State

Two more are among my favorite sleepers:

RB Deji Karim, Southern Illinois
DE Danny Batten, South Dakota State

South Dakata State, Isn't that where #57, Steve Nelson, LB extradanaire graduated from??

This is a must have draft pick, karma and all,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I've been waiting for this for a while.

Texas' best players wouldn't be able to match up properly against Florida's best or California's best. Hell, even Northwestern, which isn't even the best high school football team in Florida, took out Texas' supposed "best" football team in Nationals a couple of years ago.

Miami Northwestern High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prior to the 2007 season, the Miami Northwestern Bulls had won three class 6A state championships.[6] In its third game of the 2007 football season, the Bulls—ranked No. 1 by USA Today—traveled to Dallas, Texas to take on the #2 nationally ranked Southlake Dragons.[7] A crowd of 31,896 at Gerald J. Ford Stadium watched as Miami Northwestern won the contest 29-21, thereby ending Southlake's 49-game win streak (tied Abilene for the longest in Texas high school football history). The Bulls then completed an undefeated season capping it off with a 41-0 win in the Florida 6A state championship game and being declared the mythical national champions by ESPN and USA Today.[8] The Bulls went to the 6A State Championship again in 2008, but were defeated by Seminole High School of Sanford.

St. Thomas Aquinas is realistically the best football team in Florida. On top of that, California is also a talent breeding ground for college and professional football players. Texas does put out a ton of talent in this country, however I'm not sure why it's them that are taking on the Nation every year.

Texas does put out a ton of talent in this country, however I'm not sure why it's them that are taking on the Nation every year.

Same reason Detroit calls itself Hockeytown -- smart marketing, and they thought of it first. Of course, they take players who were born in Texas, grew up in Texas, played High School in Texas, played college in Texas, had parents who are Texans even though they never stepped foot in the state, are named Austin or Dallas, have a relative named Austin or Dallas, played minor league baseball in Texas, enjoy Stevie Ray Vaughn, or if you're really, really, talented, they'll grant an Oklahoman special "close enough" status.

That's why Texas wins every year.

Danny Batten Draft Journal- Week 5

I am playing inside linebacker and doing reps one on one with the linemen. I am adjusting to middle backer like the reads and gap responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes