PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texas Stadium - Is it "safe" for Pats gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to the game and will definitely be wearing a Pats shirt (Bruschi) and a Pats hat with pride and unafraid.

Cool. Any pre-game tailgating plans happening?

You'll be fine - after all, the pats cant possibly be worse than the skins and some of my family makes it a point to go down and watch the game down in dallas (skins fans :bricks:)

Listen, you alcoholic, racist, Irishman, I have nothing against fat, redneck hicks. I just don't want 10 of them on top of me.

-cheap pencil-neck Jew.

I don't know if I'd want one on top of me, let alone ten, so I suppose that's understandable. ;)

Speaking as a fat, swamp yankee (New England version of a redneck), Cowboys fans are fine. Unless you act like an @$$hole and try to start something, they'll leave you alone. If you look for trouble you will find it. Wear your stuff proudly, take in the atmosphere and be respectful of the opposing fans and 9 times out of 10 you'll receive the same in return.

Speaking as a fat, swamp yankee (New England version of a redneck), Cowboys fans are fine. Unless you act like an @$$hole and try to start something, they'll leave you alone. If you look for trouble you will find it. Wear your stuff proudly, take in the atmosphere and be respectful of the opposing fans and 9 times out of 10 you'll receive the same in return.

I think that's good advice.

I think that's good advice.

Let me give you a run down of what my family brought with them to the cowboys game last year:

A RIP sign that said "Cowboys" on it
A skeleton with a Cowboys star in it
Full redskins gear, top to bottom
ESPN - Expect sucky cowboy performance now (Or something like that, don't quite remember the sign they had)

And they got some laughs and jokes. Mostly making fun of them - but they where not attacked at all.

They got home and where made fun of even more by the rest of the family:singing:

Oh I cant wait for pats/redskins game with my crew :singing: :singing:

Cheering in the stands usually isn't a problem for most stadiums. Most incidents happen in the parking lots or as you're leaving/entering the games. There have been fights in the stands, but they're more likely to attack you at that time. You might want to bring a neutral wind-breaker and wear it in the parking lots when you wear your team's colors so that you are a little less obvious in some stadiums. I don't think it will be a problem in Dallas but you never know.

Last edited:
Let me give you a run down of what my family brought with them to the cowboys game last year:

A RIP sign that said "Cowboys" on it
A skeleton with a Cowboys star in it
Full redskins gear, top to bottom
ESPN - Expect sucky cowboy performance now (Or something like that, don't quite remember the sign they had)

And they got some laughs and jokes. Mostly making fun of them - but they where not attacked at all.

They got home and where made fun of even more by the rest of the family

Oh I cant wait for pats/redskins game with my crew :singing: :singing:

Now, there is safety in numbers. :) If you've got a larger group (who will back you up) you can push the envelope a bit. You'll definitely get comments thrown at you but if your having fun with it the vast majority of fans will keep things to a good ribbing.

In the parking lot after the Pats spank the Cowboys might be another story. ;)

I'm going to the game next week :rocker: and I'm wondering how safe it is to wear Pats gear there.

I recommend dancing on the star.

Patjew: we wait yr report after the game

I'm going to the game next week :rocker: and I'm wondering how safe it is to wear Pats gear there. I'm leaning towards not doing it, as I don't feel like having 10 fat, red neck, Texans jump me. I could probably outrun them, but if I did get caught, I would surely be squashed. I'm a quiet, respectful guy, but my fear is that if the Pats win and some hick fan sees my classic Pat Patriot hat, they may try to thrash me. And I don't want to be thrashed or arrested. So for any of you with insider info about the inhabitants of Texas Stadium, I'd appreciate your feedback.

The fans in Dallas are just a tad more civilized than you perceive. Just like my experience in your home stadium, there are many 'normal' people living in Dallas. I'm sure you'll be amazed, we don't 'thrash' fans of opposing teams. We can be quite civil and urbane.

Forget about the gear. Why take a chance of having some drunk redneck go off on you? Just enjoy the game. No one needs to wear gear to be a real fan.

Sanvara -
People in other parts of the country are the drunk scumbags that go to Raider games, Charger games, and Philly games.

When I went to the Chargers game in 2002, I had more drunk Charger fans try to pick fights than I care to count. It was laughable...

I've heard nothing but good things about going to Texas Stadium.. I will be wearing my Brady jersery..

Dude you should'nt worry about what to wear. Just don't provoke any drunks and your gonna be fine. But suggesting there is nothing but redneck hicks out here is really the wrong direction to approach this situation. Nevermind the fact that Texas is about 65 percent latino anyway. Your not gonna want to leave when you smell the tailgaters with their carne asada.lol

I'm astounded. I opened this thread expecting the worst, and have had an enjoyable time reading most of the responses. May the best team win, no injuries occur, and in response to the original question:

Yes. It is safe. Please, though, don't bring along one of those beer drinking hats with Pat labels all over it. It wouldn't be pretty!

BTW: we're not all fat rednecks! Take a look at those cheerleaders!

Let's play ball! DANG - I can't wait

I'm astounded. I opened this thread expecting the worst, and have had an enjoyable time reading most of the responses. May the best team win, no injuries occur, and in response to the original question:

Yes. It is safe. Please, though, don't bring along one of those beer drinking hats with Pat labels all over it. It wouldn't be pretty!

BTW: we're not all fat rednecks! Take a look at those cheerleaders!

Let's play ball! DANG - I can't wait

Hey, you have to understand, we've got the Jets and Bills in our division not to mention the Yankees for baseball.

BTW, some of us have been to Texas on more than one occasion and the only thing that's ever disturbed me are the Houston zoning laws.:p

I know you guys aren't all fat rednecks. I've actually been to Texas many times, including Dalls. It's just that it's the fat rednecks I'm afraid of.

Last edited:
.yeah texas stadium isn't bad like some of the other stadiums. I think i remember hearing sombody being stabbed at oakland last year in the mens room.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye