PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texas Patriots Fans - Please Check In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
OT: Checking in after Hurricane Ike

Hey guys. We got out of the way of Ike but were still caught in some of the outside bands so we didn't get our power back here in Iota, LA until 10:00 last night.

We don't know exactly how bad it is but we do know we have severe flood damage at our house in Bridge City, TX. The whole town is underwater. If anyone saw a picture of a Pizza Hut half underwater during the hurricane coverage, that's about a mile from our house. The town is pretty much screwed right now.

What's most important though is that my friends and neighbors got out safe. I found out yesterday afternoon that my cousin and uncle had to be rescued by a dumptruck when water at his house was almost to the top of his above ground pool. I had last heard from a friend of mine about 6:30 Saturday morning with a little water already in his house but his phone died. After hearing about the rescues taking place and the people on top of homes and businesses, I was very concerned. He text me at 9:00 last night though and he and his dad are ok.

That last paragraph is all that matters to me folks. Homes and possessions can be replaced but I can't replace my cousin or my best friend.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers you extended me before I left. I really appreciate it.

Re: OT: Checking in after Hurricane Ike

Thanks for the news. Good luck to you and everyone down there.

I hope that your home is OK. And thanks for checking in.

We have others in TX, like Seymour93, that we are concerned about. We hope that all our posters in the effected areas will be OK and check in soon to let us know.

Man! Quite sorry to read your update. Glad that everyone is safe.

Wish you and everyone there the very best to get out of this messy situation.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Allows stupid fans like me to take a breather and get a better perspective of this obsession with the Pats.

Good luck mate!

Also in Texas, but I am just north of Dallas. We didn't get anything but some wind gusts and heavy rains..

Glad to hear you, your family and your friends all seem to be doing well, CPF.

The damage is catastrophic and, honestly, could be worse than what happened in New Orleans with Katrina. Yes, I know. Its hard to believe.

The GOOD news is that, from initial reports, NONE of the refineries or oil platforms suffered any damage. So, there won't be any down time beyond getting the crews back.

The BAD news is that its going to take months to years to get things back to normal. Galveston Island suffered a LOT of damage. As did downtown Houston.

Last edited:

Very glad to hear that you guys are doing OK.

take care buddy. Glad you and your family are ok.

I am extremely glad to hear that you and yours are safe. What you say is absolutely true: Possessions are just material things, they can be repaired or replaced with time, but lives cannot. You did the right thing by you and yours, and no matter what your home and contents might suffer, you should have no regrets about your decision to leave.

I'll keep the candle burning for you and yours for a couple more weeks, anyway. :)

Glad to hear you are okay.

(maybe there are somethings more important than beating the Jets)

After hearing from Crazy Patriot Guy we'd also like to make sure the rest of the people from that area are also O.K. So please take a moment to respond to this thread as our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm glad to hear that you're O.K. I was watching the news yesterday and can't get over how much water that area got hit with. I'm glad to hear all you're loved ones are all right, and please keep us updated.

Last edited:

Glad to hear you're all OK. A very good friend of mine moved to Kingwood about a year ago and speaking to him last night was a relief. Lots of wind and heavy rains but no real damage to speak of.

Was watching coverage from khou on directv and the damage along the coast looks pretty bad.

Last edited:

Good to hear you are ok. I wish you and your family the best as you bring your lives back to normalcy after this whole mess.

Glad to hear you are OK, and able to get to Patsfans to give us an update.

All of our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by the hurricane.

I'm a world away in El Paso but certainly getting plenty news of the damage. I'm hoping nobody here was affected by the storm personally outside of some property damage. It sounded like everybody was doing the smart thing and heading for the hills if in the path.

DaBruinz - did you see any of the storm effects out there?

Last edited:
Welcome back,CD :) Hoping we hear from all the TX fans-thoughts and prayers going up for all. Damages projecting into the billions I guess. Mother Nature...scary stuff...too much so lately. Best wishes to all.

Stay safe. Everyone down there has been in my thoughts these past few days. Keep us informed.

Here in Austin we got a little bit of windy weather, but no rain (which we were actually hoping to get some of since we need it).

Glad to hear all of that...must have been so so hard..stay safe...

I'm a world away in El Paso but certainly getting plenty news of the damage. I'm hoping nobody here was affected by the storm personally outside of some property damage. It sounded like everybody was doing the smart thing and heading for the hills if in the path.

DaBruinz - did you see any of the storm effects out there?

We had lots of wind and about 3 inches of rain. But thats about it. No power outages or anything.. For the most part, the worst of the remnants stayed east of Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back