PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans Reach Agreement With Mario Williams...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatDaPatriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Per NFL Network and Espnews...

This will go down as one of the biggest blunders in professional sports history...

Doesn't mean they won't still reach an agreement with Bush before zero-hour.

NFL Network is reporting that Williams has already signed a contract...

It really doesn't surprise me. This legal flap concerning his family gives them a great out if they weren't that high on him.

PatDaPatriot said:
NFL Network is reporting that Williams has already signed a contract...
Didn't San Fran have tentative agreements signed with both Smith and Rogers last year?

There's nothing tentative about a signed contract...

As far as Reggie being available for us at 21 is concerned, I'll steal a line from Llyod Christmas...."So you're telling me there's a chance!" :)

Adam Schefter is saying that the Texans will pick a running back with their second pick. He states that this is a football decision. A better "football decision" would've been D'brickashaw Ferguson, since David Carr needs some protection. Anyway, you don't pass up a generational player like Reggie Bush...

why would they choose a RB in 2nd round if its not Bush..if Bush gets chosen its not because lack of RB in houston..its because hes the best player in the draft..they have Davis and hes pretty good.

PatDaPatriot said:
Adam Schefter is saying that the Texans will pick a running back with their second pick. He states that this is a football decision. A better "football decision" would've been D'brickashaw Ferguson, since David Carr needs some protection. Anyway, you don't pass up a generational player like Reggie Bush...
Or ki-jana carter...overhyped bust..you ll see

there is no middle ground here, i hope for their sake mario williams is LT and reggie white put together.

PatDaPatriot said:
There's nothing tentative about a signed contract...
Sure there is, when the contract is based on the "In the event the team drafts you with the first pick of the 2006 Draft...." preface. I swear the 9ers had ink on both Rogers and Smith, the memory may be starting to go though.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Sure there is, when the contract is based on the "In the event the team drafts you with the first pick of the 2006 Draft...." preface. I swear the 9ers had ink on both Rogers and Smith, the memory may be starting to go though.

No i think you're right, i remember them saying they had contracts ready for both players but just hadnt decided yet which to pick. You're still a few years away from total memory loss :D

Last edited:
I'm assuming nobody offered a trade.

Getting defense and Oline would have been the way to go.

This really throws things up in the air. New Orleans must be having convulsions. Do they draft Bush (McAllister?) or take someone else (Ferguson).

:(

now if only 19 other teams can decide to look elseware.

Last edited:
ESPNews, via Clayton, just said it was $54 mil. over the life of the contract.

6 yrs/$54 mil. per ESPNews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey