PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans passing on Bush will be worst blunder in NFL history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Roberts

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
This will be remembered as badly as when NJ passed on Michael Jordan. Thank God we have a legitimate program here than those clowns do in Houston. Wow.

That's just your opinion based on how you view bush as a player. Which unfortunately isn't based on common sense. Houston's playing style doesnt fit the style reggie plays, regardless of what Irvin says or Kiper or anyone else says for that matter. Bush wanted a **** load of money, more than what he was worth. Williams can be the cornerstone of which Houston rebuilds it's defense with. Bush is going to be great, that i have no doubt. But, it will be with another team who will suit his style and change the personnell strictly for him. Remember, Bush was great, but look at the cast that surrounded him. He is never gonig to get that much help in the NFL. NEVER!!

holyredeemer said:
That's just your opinion based on how you view bush as a player. Which unfortunately isn't based on common sense. Houston's playing style doesnt fit the style reggie plays, regardless of what Irvin says or Kiper or anyone else says for that matter. Bush wanted a **** load of money, more than what he was worth. Williams can be the cornerstone of which Houston rebuilds it's defense with. Bush is going to be great, that i have no doubt. But, it will be with another team who will suit his style and change the personnell strictly for him. Remember, Bush was great, but look at the cast that surrounded him. He is never gonig to get that much help in the NFL. NEVER!!

Good point, the Lions never made it anywhere despite having one of the greatest RB's of all time w/Barry Sanders.

What team has ever built a franchise on a RB and gone all the way?

holyredeemer said:

This Bush kid seems to have it all and has HOF potential. Williams is a great player, but Bush seems to be one of those generational backs like Simpson, Walker, or Smith. If Houston didn't want Bush, why not flip the pick and grab extra draft picks?

The Texans already have enough playmakers on offense, they need defense, that being said, they should've traded down. Williams is a stud, he is just like Peppers, inconsistent, but when he's on, he's easily pro-bowl caliber.

mavfan2390 said:
The Texans already have enough playmakers on offense, they need defense, that being said, they should've traded down. Williams is a stud, he is just like Peppers, inconsistent, but when he's on, he's easily pro-bowl caliber.

Sure, but dont you agree they could have dropped down to, say, #4, and got Williams AND the Jets other first round pick and maybe a first rounder next year?

They couldnt move down because the Saints wanted Williams.

I think Bush is actually going to be a bust.
There are a long line of RBs that were great on college teams that were loaded with talent.
How will Bush do when he doesnt have the best QB on his team (Linehart was clearly the best college QB the last 2 years) and an OL that mauls every opponent, plus being on the field with a receiver corps that is as good as any team you face.

ITs one thing to be a star among stars, with a great supporting cast, its something entirely different to have 10 medicore guys surrounding you.
The issues Bush has with size, injury potential, the ability to run inside, being big enough to carry a full load are being overlooked by how productive he was. The problem is he was productive playing next to talent that was a cut above, and he shared time with Lendale White.

I would expect him to be a great returnman. I would expect he will make some exciting plays running or catching the ball, but I see the running back version of a Desmond Howard or Raghib Ismail and that would be a collosal bust.

Jacky Roberts said:
This will be remembered as badly as when NJ passed on Michael Jordan. Thank God we have a legitimate program here than those clowns do in Houston. Wow.

Sorry, but gotta disagree with you. Williams was a very good pick. Bush, in my opinion, is going to be a slightly better Bryan Westbrook.

DaBruinz said:
Sorry, but gotta disagree with you. Williams was a very good pick. Bush, in my opinion, is going to be a slightly better Bryan Westbrook.

We'll see (and obviously I'm glad to see Bush go to the NFC), but I think he's going to be the real deal.

DaBruinz said:

Agreed but i would say a slightly worse LT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back