PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans Open Up Door For Patriots Heading into the Postseason

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
By: Christine Roy

Thank you Houston! With their second consecutive loss, the Houston Texans opened up the door for the Patriots to walk into the second seed in the AFC. ...

Thank you Houston! With their second consecutive loss, the Houston Texans opened up the door for the Patriots to walk into the second seed in the AFC. ...

Thanks Houston, that week off is huge. I think we will be seeing Houston again, real soon.

Thanks Houston, that week off is huge. I think we will be seeing Houston again, real soon.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cincy knocks them out.

The AFC North is a strong division and the Benglas have one of the better defenses in the league. They would be a tough matchup for a Patriots team that has seemed to have a little trouble getting into the endzone lately. Especially considering their physical style of play, the ideal situation would be for the Texans to come back to Foxboro.

But if the Bengals win they go to Denver, not NE, so the only way the Pats will face them is at home in the AFCCG. I'd take that.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cincy knocks them out.

One thing that will be a huge advantage for the bengals, they used yesterdayas a bye, whereas Houston played to win and lost. Given the game is being played Saturday, the short week will make it very difficult for Houston to rebound.

Not just physically, but the mental letdown is huge. If it was anyone but Marvin Lewis on the sidelines, I would have a lot lore confidence in the bengals.

Not that this will be any revelation to anyone, but just as a summation.

The Pats have rested some of their more injured players for the last two weeks, they get two weeks off now before their next game, and then if they can win two more games they get another two weeks off to rest.

We've got a shot of getting relatively healthy if we are fortunate enough to get to the Superbowl.

Just pray for no more new injuries.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots