Welcome to PatsFans.com

Texans may trade First pick

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by FreeTedWilliams, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +256 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9269634/1

article claims that the Texans have been talking to other teams about trading the #1 pick. If they do I doubt they go any lower than #4 so they can get Ferguson the tackle. Here's an idea the Jets trade their entire draft for the #1 pick, then take Cutler, who makes them long for Chad.

If they can get at least two first rounders and a second maybe, they do have alot of holes.
  2. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +748 / 6 / -11

#75 Jersey

They would be so smart to do this. And there are other good LTs too. The draft is rich in tackles this year.

With a protected Carr and Dominick Davis, they might have the beginnings of a stable offense.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +500 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Casserly was on the NFL Network combine coverage yesterday and was practically begging for offers. Whether they want to trade or are just hoping for a great offer, who knows. The problem, though, is none of the Saints, Titans or Jets are Reggie Bush away. Those three can't afford to give up a mint to get him. Looking at the draft order I just can't see a team that would pay what Houston would inevitably ask for.
  4. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

The Jets wouldn't have to trade their entire draft to move up three slots. It's hard to imagine another team putting together a better package than the Jets can, assuming Houston doesn't want to fall out of the top 5. A swap of #1s, plus the Jets #2 and #4 should get it done. I doubt the Jets would need to go to #1 to get Cutler anyway. Although if I had the #1, I'd take Cutler over Bush, NFL execs are under too much pressure to take the guy who sells tickets and jerseys. That's Bush. If the Jets go to #1, which I have in my mock (I forget the price paid, not that it's relevant), They'll do so to get Reggie.

Ferguson should be the guy Houston gets.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  5. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +605 / 11 / -6

And, of course, the Daily Quickie weighs in (emphasis mine):

So, is it just terrible, or would this be a sign of insanity on BB/SP's part?
  6. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I can't imagine Belichick investing so much in one player, no matter how highly he evaluates him. Imagine BB trades it's number one, a three, a four, Asante Samuel, and Ty Warren to the Texans (Not sure Houston would accept this anyway), and Bush blows out his knee in TC and is done for his career.

Franchise just set back five years.
  7. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +256 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

Actually if I was the Texans I would trade my #1 pick to Tennessee. Tennessee would give up their second rd pick and maybe a fourth or fifth, and swap spots with the Texans. The Titans would surely draft Lienart, then if the Saints pass on Bush and take Young, the Texans get Bush plus two picks. If the Saints take Bush, then the Texans can trade back down with the another club who wants Young , Cutler, or Ferguson and stockpile even more picks.
  8. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Do you really think Tennessee wants Leinhart that badly? I hadn't considered that. I understand the Chow connection, but I would think they could stay where they are and comfortably take whoever falls. They reportedly like Cutler quite a bit. It could happen, but I would think that Tennessee is in no position to be giving away a second rounder.
  9. Major **********

Major ********** Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

There is no way in hell the Jets take Cutler at #1.
    They would definately pick the best avaiable punter. Or maybe a longsnaper, if they are sold on Graham as their punter.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  10. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +235 / 22 / -10

The old Jets aren't running the club any more, unfortunately...
  11. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

If the Jets are shopping Abraham, then there are more chips in play...
  12. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

I would be very surprised to see the Jets trade up to #1 to take Cutler. If I were the Jets, I would be talking to the Redskins about Patrick Ramsey. He'd come much cheaper and they'd still be able to get a good player with their pick. Heck, they might be able to walk away with the Redskins 1st rounder if they could get them to take Abraham.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.