Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9269634/1

article claims that the Texans have been talking to other teams about trading the #1 pick. If they do I doubt they go any lower than #4 so they can get Ferguson the tackle. Here's an idea the Jets trade their entire draft for the #1 pick, then take Cutler, who makes them long for Chad.

If they can get at least two first rounders and a second maybe, they do have alot of holes.

FreeTedWilliams said:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9269634/1

article claims that the Texans have been talking to other teams about trading the #1 pick. If they do I doubt they go any lower than #4 so they can get Ferguson the tackle. Here's an idea the Jets trade their entire draft for the #1 pick, then take Cutler, who makes them long for Chad.

If they can get at least two first rounders and a second maybe, they do have alot of holes.

They would be so smart to do this. And there are other good LTs too. The draft is rich in tackles this year.

With a protected Carr and Dominick Davis, they might have the beginnings of a stable offense.

Casserly was on the NFL Network combine coverage yesterday and was practically begging for offers. Whether they want to trade or are just hoping for a great offer, who knows. The problem, though, is none of the Saints, Titans or Jets are Reggie Bush away. Those three can't afford to give up a mint to get him. Looking at the draft order I just can't see a team that would pay what Houston would inevitably ask for.

The Jets wouldn't have to trade their entire draft to move up three slots. It's hard to imagine another team putting together a better package than the Jets can, assuming Houston doesn't want to fall out of the top 5. A swap of #1s, plus the Jets #2 and #4 should get it done. I doubt the Jets would need to go to #1 to get Cutler anyway. Although if I had the #1, I'd take Cutler over Bush, NFL execs are under too much pressure to take the guy who sells tickets and jerseys. That's Bush. If the Jets go to #1, which I have in my mock (I forget the price paid, not that it's relevant), They'll do so to get Reggie.

Ferguson should be the guy Houston gets.

Last edited:
And, of course, the Daily Quickie weighs in (emphasis mine):

Meanwhile, every team's fans can come up with dream scenarios, but let me throw this out there: The Patriots are sitting on extra picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds, stockpiled from previous trades.

Aside from their obvious needs on defense, why wouldn't the Pats consider trading their 1st-rounder, plus their extra third- and fourth-round picks, plus one or two title-tested vets to the Texans for the No. 1 pick? That's a good deal for Houston, too.

(I'm sure both Pats fans and haters will enjoy telling me why that idea is terrible. Hey, is there an NFL Trade Machine?)

So, is it just terrible, or would this be a sign of insanity on BB/SP's part?

ctpatsfan77 said:
And, of course, the Daily Quickie weighs in (emphasis mine):

So, is it just terrible, or would this be a sign of insanity on BB/SP's part?

I can't imagine Belichick investing so much in one player, no matter how highly he evaluates him. Imagine BB trades it's number one, a three, a four, Asante Samuel, and Ty Warren to the Texans (Not sure Houston would accept this anyway), and Bush blows out his knee in TC and is done for his career.

Franchise just set back five years.

Actually if I was the Texans I would trade my #1 pick to Tennessee. Tennessee would give up their second rd pick and maybe a fourth or fifth, and swap spots with the Texans. The Titans would surely draft Lienart, then if the Saints pass on Bush and take Young, the Texans get Bush plus two picks. If the Saints take Bush, then the Texans can trade back down with the another club who wants Young , Cutler, or Ferguson and stockpile even more picks.

FreeTedWilliams said:
Actually if I was the Texans I would trade my #1 pick to Tennessee. Tennessee would give up their second rd pick and maybe a fourth or fifth, and swap spots with the Texans.

Do you really think Tennessee wants Leinhart that badly? I hadn't considered that. I understand the Chow connection, but I would think they could stay where they are and comfortably take whoever falls. They reportedly like Cutler quite a bit. It could happen, but I would think that Tennessee is in no position to be giving away a second rounder.

There is no way in hell the Jets take Cutler at #1.
They would definately pick the best avaiable punter. Or maybe a longsnaper, if they are sold on Graham as their punter.

Last edited:
Odlirama said:
There is no way in hell the Jets take Cutler at #1.
They would definately pick the best avaiable punter. Or maybe a longsnaper, if they are sold on Graham as their punter.

The old Jets aren't running the club any more, unfortunately...

If the Jets are shopping Abraham, then there are more chips in play...

I would be very surprised to see the Jets trade up to #1 to take Cutler. If I were the Jets, I would be talking to the Redskins about Patrick Ramsey. He'd come much cheaper and they'd still be able to get a good player with their pick. Heck, they might be able to walk away with the Redskins 1st rounder if they could get them to take Abraham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back