PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans Agree with Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaj18

On the Roster
Reaction score
It was just announced on ESPN that the Texans agreed to terms with mario williams and will take him first overall tomorow.

I must say that I don't see this on the website anywhere, could you provide a link?

wow looks like my 99.9 percent prediction just went down. Wonder if the saints take bush with a hurt duece.

desi-patsfan said:
wow looks like my 99.9 percent prediction just went down. Wonder if the saints take bush with a hurt duece.

It's all becoming clear... the Jets are gonna trade up! :eek:

Michael Smith called this one. Others thought the Texans were just screwing around saying they might not draft bush. Now we'll see if Smith is right and that the Texans may be able to compete with Indy if they build the defense around Williams.

arent they allowed to sign anyone they want but not choose him? i mean its an agreement not a real signing yet where hes getting paid

Remix 6 said:
arent they allowed to sign anyone they want but not choose him? i mean its an agreement not a real signing yet where hes getting paid

Why would Williams sign the contract then? He must've been assured by the Texans. The Texans are assuring their fans at least, that they're going to take Williams. Did you check the houstontexans.com link?

this is way smart

with williams and a RB with their high second round pick they will be better off than with Bush and the best DE available when they go in the second round

Besides, isn't doesn't Kubiak have experience in the Bronco RB machine.?

BREAKING NEWS
Texans announce signing of Mario Williams
The Houston Texans have announced they have reached an agreement with defensive end Mario Williams.

I found this on NFL.com

the way it sounds is that its a done deal. ESPN is reporting it on TV as Williams agreed to terms with the Texans making him the first overall pick in the draft, And the Texans site say he is signed.

I thinks its very foolish for the Texans to draft a RB in the 2nd round. VERY foolish. They need O-line. Without help on their O-line, it won't matter who they have, they will continue to do poorly.

damn i really hope they take Bush because if New Orleans is fine with McAllister and doesnt need Bush..and Titans needing a QB more than anything...Jets would take Bush and that means 2 games a year against a very good RB..then also McGahee..and Brown. 6 games against young .. fast.. quick RBs. ouch

They have dominick Davis, why are they so worried about getting another RB?

jaj18 said:
They have dominick Davis, why are they so worried about getting another RB?

Exactly. The Saints have Deuce McAllister and the Jets have a 45-year old Curtis Martin. The Jets have two first round picks. It all makes sense.

Remix 6 said:
damn i really hope they take Bush because if New Orleans is fine with McAllister and doesnt need Bush..and Titans needing a QB more than anything...Jets would take Bush and that means 2 games a year against a very good RB..then also McGahee..and Brown. 6 games against young .. fast.. quick RBs. ouch

There is no way that Bush falls to #4. Jets fans can dream---but it won't happen. I think NO will take him at #2.

Im hoping that the Titans pick him first, I really don't what him to get to the jets, or New orleans gets him at 2

Last edited:
Jets will trade up to #2 and take Bush.

SaCaCh said:
Jets will trade up to #2 and take Bush.

Jets send #4 and #29 to the Saints? Doesnt quite add up on the saints side on the value chart, but Id do it If I was them and they werent planning on taking bush

ESPN just reported that the deal was for $54 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back