PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Test your ESPn - Will DeAngelo sign with us? (REDUX)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will D. Hall sign with...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss was a proven vet about to be catching passes from Brady, Hall is a kid with no prior success, Moss is a 1st ballot HOFer and was worth the risk. Bad comparison there.

Wheatley may be able to play with a cast like Hobbs, Bruschi and Seymour did/does, i hope so anyway.

Hes been in the league 4 years and made the probowl twice, that dont mean alot but he to say hes had no prior success is a bit too much imo. Hes only 24 and can still be groomed especially with a hc like BB and a veteran defense like the Pats have.

Moss was a proven vet about to be catching passes from Brady, Hall is a kid with no prior success, Moss is a 1st ballot HOFer and was worth the risk. Bad comparison there.

Wheatley may be able to play with a cast like Hobbs, Bruschi and Seymour did/does, i hope so anyway.

Good points.
As to the "may be able to play with a cast" I think you nailed it. Pats may have fitted him with a cast, wait a couple weeks and then try him on the field to see if he can get it done while encumbered. If not, THEN IR. We'll know by early Dec.

EDIT: It is because of this uncertainty and Hobbs' injuries that BB is suddenly desperate enough to consider Hall, not that I think the Pats will offer as much as say, Dallas.

Last edited:
Good points.
As to the "may be able to play with a cast" I think you nailed it. Pats may have fitted him with a cast, wait a couple weeks and then try him on the field to see if he can get it done while encumbered. If not, THEN IR. We'll know by early Dec.

EDIT: It is because of this uncertainty and Hobbs' injuries that BB is suddenly desperate enough to consider Hall, not that I think the Pats will offer as much as say, Dallas.

Are you saying that someone playing with a cast is better than Hall? LOL. I've heard the 'raider reject' putdown, but that's a new one.

Are you saying that someone playing with a cast is better than Hall? LOL. I've heard the 'raider reject' putdown, but that's a new one.

No, where did I say that?
Hall is not a Patriot. If you followed the Patriots management philosophy you'd know that they assign a value to each player. There is a salary cap in this league. The Patriots will not overpay for Hall, while I predicted that someone else will. With the Pats insight into Hall's persona from Dimitriof in ATL, given the risks of a non-functioning player, the Pats might take Hall for a minimish contract with some creative bonus but they won't throw $ at him.

If he signs here, we officially need t-shirts that say:

"NERRP: New England Raider Rehab Project"

Honestly, before long Kraft will have a show called "Flip That Reject".

Does Dallas even have cap space? It seems like they've spent 3 salary caps worth of money on their offense.

Here's a little nugget from today's PC:

Belichick was also asked about the possibility of the Patriots signing waived Oakland Raiders cornerback DeAngelo Hall. "I’ll just comment on the players we have," he said. When asked if he had any past relationship with Hall, Belichick noted they had been at Pro Bowl simultaneously, but on different teams.

"I think we might have been in the pool together," Belichick said.

Special talents - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Contrast BB's depiction of his non-interaction with Hall and how he sucked up to AD at a prior bowl game and how he always goes out of his way post game to meet opposing quality players. Hall ain't gonna come here.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, Hall was not even good enough to be a Raider, if he is lucky enough to get a tryout with the Patriots my guess is that BB sees how bad he sucks and says '' thanks but no thanks '' . The young guys we got know the system and they are just as good as Hall if not better, i say NO GO on the raider reject.

Neither was Moss, before last year's record breaking season..........

Hall signed with the Redskins.

Hall signed with the Redskins.

Well, he went to VA Tech so that makes sense. It also proves without a doubt that I have ESP, as I voted "other" in the poll. Nuff said!

Well, he went to VA Tech so that makes sense. It also proves without a doubt that I have ESP, as I voted "other" in the poll. Nuff said!

Congrats to all you folks who selected OTHER. You went with the 90% pure random chance of being right and won. Me, as a LOSAH I'm ever thankfull I don't bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots