Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Terry Glenn's career with Dallas Cowboys ends

6:17 PM Fri, Jul 25, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Jean-Jacques Taylor E-mail News tips

He has no one but himself - and bad luck - to blame.

The main reason Glenn is no longer with the Cowboys is that he overplayed a bad hand. He had zero leverage with the Cowboys, who wanted him to sign the much talked about injury waiver that would drop his salary from $1.74 million to $500,00 if he was placed on injured reserve because of an injury to the knee.

If he wanted to play - and he has told beat writer Calvin Watkins that he does - then he should've signed the waiver a couple of months ago, began practicing and gave himself a chance to make the team.

Instead, he never backed off his position, essentially forcing the Cowboys to cut him. There's no doubt, it's his fault he was released, but I understand fully and totally why Glenn didn't want to sign the waiver.

Glenn was injured during practice doing what he was supposed to do, when essentially his career-ending injury occurred. By all accounts he worked as hard as he could to get back on the field this year, which is one reason Jerry seemed so optimistic in the spring that he would return to the field.

His reward: Sign a waiver that says if the knee forces you on IR, we don't have to pay you nearly as much money. I know he received more than $5 million last year, despite playing only four plays.

But this is a violent game and injuries occur. He more than gave Jerry his money's worth during his two 1,000-yard seasons.

Don't misunderstand. I'm not blaming Jerry. He's a businessman, who did what he had to do. What I'm really saying is that Glenn's circumstance is why I never have a problem with a player demanding his contract be restructured, if he's out-performed the deal.

That's because as soon as the player no longer has a value to the organization, his career ends.

Last edited:
He'll be in Miami in time to have Saturday afternoon ****tails with the Tuna ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes