Welcome to PatsFans.com

Terrorists Beating Dems to White Flag Punch?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jun 23, 2006.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

link:http://newsbusters.org/node/6056

BTW we captured another 'Senior' Al Queda leader. Their network is getting rolled up and the Baathist are looking to bail out. Good stuff.

Gotta love Murtha & Kerry's sense of timing.;)
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

There are plenty more of them right in this country, God help us if the Crazy Liberal Democrats regain power.
  3. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Plenty more of who harry?? Al-Qada??? Is that what you are saying???
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

If the Sunni Baathist give up, there is 'nowhere to run, nowhere to hide' for Al Queda in Iraq. This will also affect the situation with respect to Iran when we win in Iraq.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2005
  5. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Umm. OBL himself has reached out to the US and Europe to discuss ending hostilities. Should we listen to him? I have a feeling the terms are 1) going to be the same (US leave the middle east, including Israel, never interfere with Middle East affairs again, and publicly apologize to all Muslims for America's intrusion into their affairs and their supposed barbaric conduct while occupying) and 2) Non-enforceable. I think even the leftist of the left here believes that terrorist attacks will continue regardless of any "treaty". I'm curious to know why a diehard hawk such as yourself thinks this is meaningful.
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

OBL has offered a truce to remove pressure on himself and to try to slow down the dismantling of his org. The Sunnis are reaching the conclusion that the Iraqi gov is gonna win , they know we are rolling up the Al Queda org and now they're looking to cut a deal. This is the beginning of the end game. Much to the consternation of the Left we're gonna win in Iraq.;)
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

Plenty more of the Bastard Murdering Scum who want to BLOW US UP and KILL you if possible, they HATE your guts, they want you and your family DEAD.
    Hatred for GW Bush BLINDS the Liberal Democrat from this reality, they would put the whole country in Grave Danger just to "GET BUSH".

There is no "Sitting At The Peace Table" with the Savage Muslim Terrorist.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2005
  8. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Lord knows I hope you're right, but I think Harry actually has the right of it:

Any truce is almost certainly a ruse so they can regroup, recruit, and re-strategize. I'm not a fan of the Iraq invasion. It was wrong. But now that we're there, the only option in my view is to quickly and violently killing all terrorists as brutally as possible while winning support of the majority of Iraq's citizens.

That's not an easy row to hoe. We're on the right track, but we need to pick up the pace. Let it be known that if you're a terrorist you will die a grusome death. The problem is we're doing a horrible job, due to incompetent leadership at the highest levels, of winning the war of public opinion in Iraq, which is critical. Our C-i-C would rather win the war of public opinion in the U.S. Which makes him the same as 98% of politicians, I know. But other politicians aren't the man in charge. W is. So fair or not, it's on him.
  9. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

patsfan13,
    I wish what you are hoping for were true, but that's all that is, an unrealistic wish. Al Qaida (or any other Muslim terrorist group) has never given up, their fight is not that of an army and they are not afraid to blow themselves up, jus to kill a few of their enemy.
    Why would somebody who is not afraid to die, give up, especially if that person religiously believes in martyrdom?
    They have not given up for decades in Israel, in Afghanistan (to the Russians or us), in Iran, in Saudi Arabia, etc. and they are not about to, now.
    Sunnis may be attemting to cut a deal, but not all the Sunnis are part of Al Qaida, in Iraq. Just last week, British troops were attacked by the Shiite, in Southern Iraq.
    However offensive your description of the left may be, I applaude your enthusiasm, but respectfully decline to share your view that things are going to get better in Iraq any time soon.
  10. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Very well said Dryheat. Only counter argument I have is your last statement about public opinion in the U.S. I agree he is trying to win the public opinion here, but if it wasn't for the Liberals constantly attacking everything he does, he wouldn't have to spend as much time on it.

Now with that said he should just say the hell with it and focus his last two years on Iraq and winning the war. But he is a politician so just like the rest of them he is going to do what he can to get the popular opinion back on his side for the war (and other issues), so that the Republicans have a shot at keeping their monopoly.

This is why an independent President would be the most refreshing thing this country could ever get. I know it is almost impossible for that to happen, but one can dream.
  11. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Just because Liberals attack, doesn't mean he has to accomodate them. Let others do that.

To quote Andrew Shepherd from An American President, "I've spent too much time trying to keep my job rather than doing my job".

Bush isn't eligible for re-election, so he shouldn't be performing his duties in such a matter.

Of course, as you allude to in the last paragraph, there is a loyalty to the party. He feels he must be perceived in the best light possible so he won't hurt the other Republican candidates.

Even better than an unaffiliated president would be the dissolving of political parties altogether. One step at a time, though.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Hi Turk, this is a case where I would differentiate between AL Queda in Iraq and the Sunni's. My take is as follows: Tribal loyalties and disputes are very important inthe Middle Easr. The Baathist very scared or reprisals by the Shia majority ( and the Kurds) for past actions by the Sunni's during Saddam's rule. This is why the process of gettting the goveremnt in place was so tough. At this point the Sunni's have gotten soempower in the new goverment. I don't think the appointing of a Sunni as Defense Minister can be overstated. He will have relationships with the Sunni tribal elders. IMO he wouldn't have taken the post without their buy in. It isn't an accident that so much has happened in the last couple of weeks since the cabinet was completed.

If the Sunni's abandon their opposition to the new goverment, ther will be no support in Iraq for Al Queda. IMO that is what we are seeing. The Sunni fighters want to save face and avoid the type of fate that Shia insurgents would have suffered under Saddam. This is an opportunity to break with the past.

Not easy but doable. Al queda will be driven out or killed, they won't surrender I agree here. Remember Zarqwai was worried about the declining number or recuits.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  13. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Are u saying there are many Al-Qada here???
  14. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Can't argue with that.
  15. The Gr8est

The Gr8est Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Absolutely agree. Much of the liberal opposition to the war is rooted in their desire to regain political power, but both parties do it.

How it will affect your party should NEVER be considered when our leaders make decisions, all that should matter is if it's is the best decision for the country. ( And NO! it doesn't mean what will get them re-elected because their party is best for the country)

That is why I am trying like hell to find a third party I can support.
  16. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have been looking to a third party and reading about others doing the same and trying to change some of the election laws that leave third party viability dead in the water, I'l give more info on that and post it.

Everything I have read so far on this issue, lead's to a third party finally being elected when rome is just embers and the third party is elected in time to exstinquish those remaining embers.
  17. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

The one thing that keeps me from joining a third party is the exact same thing that keeps me from joining one of the big two, they all seem to have an agenda, which to me makes them no different than the big two. A true independent party should be about the candidate not the party, it should allow for a candidate to run on the issues how he sees fit not based on the parties ideals. The greens, Libs and others all have candidates that run based on that particular parties concepts. I want someone who says I don't care about any party and takes it issue by issue. I am tired of being handed two sets of packaged values that are exact opposites of each other.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

Surely you must have watched or heard the news today, we all know these sh!t bags are not Al Queda, they are "HOME GROWN TERRORISTS" rotten mother f-ckers, the only thing they have going regarding Al Queda is that they were trying to get money from the Muslims to foot some of the bill to blow up Chicago.
    They told Al Queda that they were going to kill as many of the "Devils" as they could, they said it would be worse than 9/11, but we "got em" I hope Bush TAPPED their f-cking phones.

These were Americans trying to kill other Americans, I hope to God our Judicial System doesn't offend them or hurt them, I wonder if their civil liberties have been violated already, maybe MURTHA can look into this.

MURTHA probably hasn't even heard about this yet, he's busy Crucifying his "Brother Marines".
  19. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Once again, we disagree and only time will tell.
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

Al Queda will NEVER surrender, there is only one way to exteminate them, "KEEP KILLING THEM"