Welcome to PatsFans.com

Terrorist attack on soccer team bus...not islamic extremeists this time

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by efin98, Jan 9, 2010.

1. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

January 8th saw an attack on the Togo National Football Team while they traveled through Congo to Angola for the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations Tournament. The bus driver was killed in the attack, preventing the team from escaping. Two players and several national team personnel and media members were hurt.

The incident was carried out by the Angolan separatist group Frente para a LibertaĆ§Ć£o do Enclave de Cabinda(FLAC).

The organizers of the tournament are blaming Togo for them arriving by bus...teams were told not to do that :rolleyes:

BBC News - Togo footballers shot in ambush

2 Togo soccer players hurt in gun attack
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -9

And this is newsworthy because.....? :confused2:

Crap like this happens often in remote areas of South America as well. Are we suddenly becoming a news site for the 3rd world?:rolleyes:
  3. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry for not posting something that will instantly polarize the forum, I must have forgotten unless it's health care, Obama, taxes, economy, or racism related politics it's not good enough for this forum :rolleyes:

Heaven forbid politics outside the US or partisan get talked about here :rolleyes:
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Thank God we found some terrorists who wern't Muslims, Mush Mouth Matthews and Jon Stewart should be all over this one, Orgasms for everybody over at NBC.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -9

NOt a biggie efin....just try not to let it happen again.

I didn't realize your point was to discuss this incident. I initially thought you were trying to make some sorry as* point that a couple of terrorists in the world aren't muslim. That would have been kinda stupid...but my bad.