PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine-Bluff

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
It's not often I start a thread on a prospect, particularly a potential UDFA from a school like Arkansas Pine-Bluff, but the video you'll see below literally (and I mean that) left me open mouthed.

121025_web_UAPB-Oline.jpg

6-5, 320 lbs, Snr

A note on his size. I've seen him listed as 320lbs but CBS have him at 305. Watch the video. He looks much bigger than 305.

I was watching some OL video and was ready to post about how impressed I was with Lane Johnson after watching him for the first time (nice one, Mayo). An excellent Pats fit at OT and almost borderline first round for me.

But then I watched this video of Armstead. Now CBS have him at #424 overall and to be frank, he's in serious need of coaching. But watch his feet when he's moving in space. He's the most athletic OT I've watched so far with athleticism bordering on Jonathan Cooper's. For a guy his size, and we're talking man mountain, he sometimes looks like he's gliding across the turf. Also check out the lack of a belly. There's a lot of muscle on that huge frame.

Terron Armstead vs Alabama State 2012 - YouTube

By the by, I saw a comment that he's actually used to catch screen passes by his team :eek:

I am genuinely excited by this guy.

And I like Lane Johnson too :)

Edit:

Highlight reel

http://youtu.be/e6fZ6ciysK0

This is shaping up to be a really exciting OL class. Excellent at the top with some really intriguing late round/ udfa prospects at the back with plenty of upside.

Last edited:
It's not often I start a thread on a prospect, particularly a potential UDFA from a school like Arkansas Pine-Bluff, but the video you'll see below literally (and I mean that) left me open mouthed.

6-5, 320 lbs, Snr

A note on his size. I've seen him listed as 320lbs but CBS have him at 305. Watch the video. He looks much bigger than 305.

I was watching some OL video and was ready to post about how impressed I was with Lane Johnson after watching him for the first time (nice one, Mayo). An excellent Pats fit at OT and almost borderline first round for me.

But then I watched this video of Armstead. Now CBS have him at #424 overall and to be frank, he's in serious need of coaching. But watch his feet when he's moving in space. He's the most athletic OT I've watched so far with athleticism bordering on Jonathan Cooper's. For a guy his size, and we're talking man mountain, he sometimes looks like he's gliding across the turf. Also check out the lack of a belly. There's a lot of muscle on that huge frame.

By the by, I saw a comment that he's actually used to catch screen passes by his team :eek:

Edit:

Highlight reel

Terron Armstead UAPB left tackle #70 - YouTube

This is shaping up to be a really exciting OL class. Excellent at the top with some really intriguing late round/ udfa prospects at the back with plenty of upside.

Looks interesting... send the e-mail through to the Pats... you never know you could get the guy picked up hahah

Manx, I haven't been ignoring this, I just have been having problems getting the video to show without a very slow, jerky replay that makes it hard to evalaute the kid. Will get back later. I trust your eye, though, so I'm excited to see the film.

6-5, 320 lbs, Snr

Edit:

Highlight reel

Terron Armstead UAPB left tackle #70 - YouTube

Great find, that is certainly an athletic tackle, very interesting upside potential with that one.

Wow. Quick feet. Seems like this kid would have no problem with speed rushers off the edge. I'd like to see how he'd do against bull rush - inside moves of larger DEs. I also love how quick he pulls in the run game and how active he is blocking in the second level. I'm not sure if its an apt comparison other than that they are both big dudes, but I'm reminded a little of Orlando Zues Brown - a BB fav.

Last edited:
He moves like he's 200lbs not 300.

Is he related to Armond?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots