Terrence Wheatley "The time is now, no more 'free' years"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Re: Terrence Wheatley "The time is now,no more 'free' years"

With McCourty on board it appears that there will be a fight among Springs,Wilhite and Wheatley to possibly be one of these 3 to make the roster.
Two of them should make it. We usually keep 5 CB, Bodden, McCourty, Butler, Wilhite and either Springs or Wheatley should make it.

If Arrington makes it, it's likely as a 6th CB/primary ST guy.

Who is this "Wheatley" character you speak of? :cool:

As lights out as Arrington was on STs last year, I see no reason why he wouldn't make the team.

As lights out as Arrington was on STs last year, I see no reason why he wouldn't make the team.
I hope he does but I think if he does we'll keep 6 CB as he has shown nothing to count as the 5th CB. He'd get a ST only slot but would be listed as a CB. Unless, of course, it turns out he really can play CB in a pinch.

Can't see Wheatley making the team. Other than the time he knocked down a few balls covering an aged Marvin Harrison, he hasn't shown that he can play corner in this league

I would hope Arrington will make it. He certainly made things happen on ST last year. Maybe not reason enough, but in the dark winter days of 09 he certainly was a plus.

Two of them should make it. We usually keep 5 CB, Bodden, McCourty, Butler, Wilhite and either Springs or Wheatley should make it.

Spot on I think. Wilhite has the inside track between those three, since he was a starter at times last year. He made some plays, he got beat a few times, but he was a second year corner taken in the 4th round, he should improve.

In my opinion (which obviously I'm stating without seeing training camp), I think Springs beats out Wheatley for the last CB spot:

1) He's a veteran on a team that will have three corners within their first three years in the league (McCourty, Butler, Wilhite). Nice to have another vet in the mix.

2) Wilhite and Wheatley are really the same type of player. Smaller, quick corners, while Springs is a bigger more physical player. Removes some redundancy and gives us another option on the goal line.

3) Springs can play spot safety in a pinch, so he has versatility.

So I think unless Springs comes in looking really old or has attitude problems (or unless Wheatley just completely blows everyone's mind in camp), we'll see Springs on the opening day roster.

I would hope Arrington will make it. He certainly made things happen on ST last year. Maybe not reason enough, but in the dark winter days of 09 he certainly was a plus.

BB and Co. really value the importance of teams. I agree that Arrington makes the team. He was too valuable last year on teams. BB doesn't want to have just the best offense and defense, but also the best special teams.

I hope he does but I think if he does we'll keep 6 CB as he has shown nothing to count as the 5th CB. He'd get a ST only slot but would be listed as a CB. Unless, of course, it turns out he really can play CB in a pinch.

Which is exactly why we have training camp and the preseason.

I liked his leaping ability and recovery speed when he played pre-wrist injury. Hopefully he can silence all doubters and have a good season. Seems like a smart kid and I wish him well.

I agree on all counts.

Spot on I think. Wilhite has the inside track between those three, since he was a starter at times last year. He made some plays, he got beat a few times, but he was a second year corner taken in the 4th round, he should improve.

In my opinion (which obviously I'm stating without seeing training camp), I think Springs beats out Wheatley for the last CB spot:

1) He's a veteran on a team that will have three corners within their first three years in the league (McCourty, Butler, Wilhite). Nice to have another vet in the mix.

2) Wilhite and Wheatley are really the same type of player. Smaller, quick corners, while Springs is a bigger more physical player. Removes some redundancy and gives us another option on the goal line.

So I think unless Springs comes in looking really old or has attitude problems (or unless Wheatley just completely blows everyone's mind in camp), we'll see Springs on the opening day roster.

Wheatley, Hope Springs Eternal!

Is he roommates with Crable?

Umm. No.

and then there were five

How comforting!!! Im tired of hearing these types of comments from the players. Another Maroney monologue.

No more "free" years?! WTF was last year? a GD dress rehearsal?! How about no more "free" money until you start playing like you freakin mean it!

Haha, I posted this and then just a few hours later they cut him. I ate my crow in the cut thread, so I guess I'll eat it here too.

In my defense, someone posted a link to a Reiss article there stating Springs failed a physical, so it's not like my points were invalid by themselves. They just became meaningless since he wasn't healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back