Welcome to PatsFans.com

Terrell Suggs signed to a long-term deal (Six-year, $63 million deal)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsChamp88, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsChamp88

PatsChamp88 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 3 / -0

#75 Jersey

Latest News and Rumors | ProFootballTalk.com

Wow this is crazy, Florio says its better than Haynesworth's because of all the money in the first two years. Now I can only imagine how much money Peppers is going to want :D but more importantly how will this impact trying extending Wilfork or Seymour?
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  2. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

all of a sudden i fell so insignificant
  3. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

damn it! that was the one guy i really wanted us to sign next year. :cry2::scared:
  4. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So Matt Cassel and Terrell Suggs are getting the same $$$$ (guaranteed money aside) and the same 6 years - Kind of shows you how teams overpay

You have a perennial all-pro and one of the NFLs best LBs getting paid the same that an unproven QB without top of the line receivers is getting.

The NFL money and the way it spreads around the league to different type player is crazy.
  5. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -3

What do you mean "guaranteed money aside"?? Why would $10,000,000 in cash be an "aside"?? Clearly, the Suggs deal is far better because there is significantly more guaranteed money. That being said, Cassell is clearly worthy of a huge payday in his own right. First, he plays by far the most important position on the field. Second, he has tremendous intelligence and physical ability. Third, he showed that he is an extremely quick study by going from totally green in the early part of the season to pro-bowl caliber by the end. Fourth, why would you hold it against him that he played with great receivers? Was Joe Montana an "unproven" quarterback because he was surrounded by great talent his whole career? It wasn't like Cassell was just throwing it up in the air hoping Moss would come down with it - he spread the ball around, made all the throws, and RAN the OFFENSE. I'm not sure what else you want him to do.
  6. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Walk on water, it's a Cassel-hater mantra.
  7. Bartmac36

Bartmac36 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think this will definitely lead to at least one of our two star defensive linemen getting an extension...now the market is set for pass rushers so the Pats have more time to think about this...I say keep Seymour and hope for the best with Brace as our new NT...
  8. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, a good quarterback is about 10 times as important as a good LB, so that makes sense.
  9. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I mean, if you're going to compare this (unfairly) to Cassel, why not the more common and ridiculous situation of rookie QB's like Stafford and Sanchez getting MORE money than Cassel and not having proven anything?????
  10. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

Well looks like Suggs is going nowhere. Too bad because he was my backup plan in case the Peppers trade didn't happen... Oops, Peppers isn't coming either, is he? :p
  11. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 17 / -2

Congrats to Cassel's agent. He got KC to give up #34 and $28M for Cassel! Who woulda thunk it! KC gave up #34 for the priviledge of paying Cassel $10M a year for six years, and can get out early for ONLY $28M! WOW!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.