PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Terrell Suggs may not be back with the Ratbirds next year

Suggs could star in a remake of "Francis the Talking Mule"

Go Duke!!!!

I'm very proud nobody has floated the idiotic idea of him coming here.

I'm very proud nobody has floated the idiotic idea of him coming here.

It's early yet...give it time.

I see no reason to concern ourselves with any other teams' potential transactions or obstacles at the moment, not that I am attempting to downplay the thread itself, b/c I'm not.

I just think that Newsome has proven himself quite capable enough, and we all just witnessed their "downfall" last offseason, which ended up equating to an even better overall defense than in their SB winning 2012 season. It was the loss of Boldin that really did them in, as they couldn't overcome their offensive problems. I'd have to imagine that Newsome and Harbaugh liked the idea of having both Dumervil and Suggs at or near double digit sack totals, so removing him from the equation probably wouldn't be in their best interests. I think they may be able to work something out, and if they don't, they'll still likely be competitive on defense nonetheless.

She Fizzle and Jump Ball Joe eat up about 27mill of Ravens money. Is Ozzie losing his magic or was it all a fluke like his QB???

Suggs goes to the Jets.

I'm not joking. Fortunately he is the player who used to be Suggs (I hope.)

Suggs goes to the Jets.

I'm not joking. Fortunately he is the player who used to be Suggs (I hope.)

Even if he is, the Jets ponying up a bunch of FA cash for Suggs wouldn't worry me. They aren't going anywhere until they fix their offense, and signing Suggs would divert some of their meager resources away from that.

Even if he is, the Jets ponying up a bunch of FA cash for Suggs wouldn't worry me. They aren't going anywhere until they fix their offense, and signing Suggs would divert some of their meager resources away from that.

Agreed. I'm hardly overly concerned about the Jets due to the offensive problems that you mentioned. Until that situation is addressed, which may take another year or more, I wouldn't worry too much. In the meantime though, their defense certainly has some significant building blocks that are being made for the future, and I expect them to be competitive in that area.

I dunno, the alternative was committing long-term money to Flacco at a time when they had no real idea if he was the QB for their future. They definitely took a risk, and it backfired big time when Flacco ended up pulling a historically good postseason out of his ass, but that doesn't change the fact that it was the right call at the time that it was made. If anything, his body of work suggests that the real mistake was actually giving him the contract that they ended up giving him. They were right to doubt if he was their guy at the time, and as this season proved yet again, he isn't the guy that they're now paying him to be.

He's 28, which means there's no more room to bank on potential. he is what he is as a player, and what he is is someone who'll give you ~3,600 yards, ~20-25 touchdowns, and ~10-12 picks. He's basically an average starting quarterback, which is bad news if you're paying the guy $20M per year.

Doesn't the first paragraph here contradict itself. They could have had him for less than 15 per. Now they have him for 20 per year. with hugely different guaranteed amounts. if the ravens were happy to go to offer that sort of money 12 months before his contract ran out going the extra small amount surely made sense for a person they'd committed to as their franchise QB.
It was a penny pinching move that backfired.

It's early yet...give it time.

I see no reason to concern ourselves with any other teams' potential transactions or obstacles at the moment, not that I am attempting to downplay the thread itself, b/c I'm not.

I just think that Newsome has proven himself quite capable enough, and we all just witnessed their "downfall" last offseason, which ended up equating to an even better overall defense than in their SB winning 2012 season. It was the loss of Boldin that really did them in, as they couldn't overcome their offensive problems. I'd have to imagine that Newsome and Harbaugh liked the idea of having both Dumervil and Suggs at or near double digit sack totals, so removing him from the equation probably wouldn't be in their best interests. I think they may be able to work something out, and if they don't, they'll still likely be competitive on defense nonetheless.

While there is mucho praise for Newsome, well deserved, it points to how well our team is managed on all levels... BB and his crew seem to have found a way to remain competitive each and every year while rotating some pretty good talent.

While this team does not have all the glitter as many do, our depth is obvious....

We know to remain competitive there will be many changes before September 2014... that is a constant.

Doesn't the first paragraph here contradict itself. They could have had him for less than 15 per. Now they have him for 20 per year. with hugely different guaranteed amounts. if the ravens were happy to go to offer that sort of money 12 months before his contract ran out going the extra small amount surely made sense for a person they'd committed to as their franchise QB.

It was a penny pinching move that backfired.

The fact that it ultimately backfired doesn't mean that it was the wrong choice at the time that it was made.

There are risks inherent in every choice that you make. It's foolish to think that those risks panning out, however unlikely they were, mean that you made the wrong choice.

Simplified example: if door 1 has a 90% chance of paying you $50, and door 2 has a 1% chance of paying you $100, the correct choice is door 1. Even if you pick door 2 and manage to get that $100, door 1 was still the right choice.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back