PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Terrell Davis and Elway on '98 Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzibit23

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
They were on NFL network and talked about how they were watching the NFC Championship game between Minnesota and Atlanta and wanted no part of the Vikings and felt they got the long stick when Atlanta won the game in OT. As a Viiking fan that made me feel good, but also sad because of how history remembers that Viking team and how history SHOULD have remembered them. I honestly believe they were the best team in the NFL that year and would've beaten the Broncos, I knew as soon as Atlanta won the game they wouldnt even compete in the SB. But now a lot of fans don't even realize how good that team really was and many feel they would've lost to Denver, just kinda brought back memories when I heard them talking about it.

They were on NFL network and talked about how they were watching the NFC Championship game between Minnesota and Atlanta and wanted no part of the Vikings and felt they got the long stick when Atlanta won the game in OT. As a Viiking fan that made me feel good, but also sad because of how history remembers that Viking team and how history SHOULD have remembered them. I honestly believe they were the best team in the NFL that year and would've beaten the Broncos, I knew as soon as Atlanta won the game they wouldnt even compete in the SB. But now a lot of fans don't even realize how good that team really was and many feel they would've lost to Denver, just kinda brought back memories when I heard them talking about it.

The Broncos had a very good defense, but they WERE ranked #27 against the pass-even though their secondary forced alot of TOs, Carter, Moss, Reed, Cunningham, and that passing attack would have been a HUGE mismatch for them.

I agree-the Vikes would have won that Super Bowl if they had advanced.

That team was impressive at times, but losing to Atlanta in the title game?

That would be like remembering this Pats team if they had lost to the Chargers in the playoffs.

That '98 team was a good one. I was rooting for them and then Atlanta snuck in and ruined everything. It was a huge "WTF is that team doing there!?" moment.

Um, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree on this. Call me a homer if you want, but I don't think that the Vikes were gonna beat the Broncos in that Super Bowl. Great teams dont drop an OT loss AT HOME in the conference title game. That whole year I thought Atlanta was a fraud, and I was actually hoping that we would play San Fran to get some revenge for XXIV, but it wasnt to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes