Welcome to PatsFans.com

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by STFarmy, Jan 22, 2008.

1. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I have to say, I laughed aloud when I first saw the ads for this show.

But seriously, for fans of the movie franchise, it's pretty good. They're trying really hard to make it a part of the Terminator mythos. After 3 episodes, I'm still impressed.

2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What's up with the girl not being able to turn her arm into a super killing gun?

Ahnold had to beat the tar out of the blond terminator in 3 to break her super weapon.

3. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I had just the opposite reaction. When I first saw the ads I was psyched. Being a big fan of the original and T2. But, after 3 episodes I'm finding it getting a little tedious or slow already. I'll stick with it just like I did with Dark Angel but, I think it may face the same fate. It's not on the same story line level of Battlestar Galactica or on the same suspense/action level of 24. And the audiences of these shows usually require a t least one of those qualities.

I have a problem with the fembot too. But, my problem is when she first introduced herself to John she acted completely normal and had no problem fitting in at school. Now that we know she's a machine (although I suspected it from the first time we saw her. Hot chicks don't go out of their way to meet the new guy) she's doing the Data fish out of water routine. Seems like a continuity error in the writing to me. Among others.

4. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yeah I did notice that too, as I watched episodes 2 and 3 first, then watched the first one which I had recorded. That didn't sit well with me, but other than that I have been enjoying it. HAHA Data fish out of water routine - that's a great way of describing it.

It also seems to bypass the third movie, which is fine with me because I didn't see it. So I just pretend it doesn't exist. I'll stick with it for now, but I'm not sure how much faith I have in Fox sustaining it in a way that will keep me interested.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008