PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Terell Suggs files grievence against Baltimore: Breaks off long term contract talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogamedogz

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Considering that this will almost undoubtably be a rebuilding year for the Ravens, does anyone think they may dangle Suggs out there as trade bait? :confused:

Last edited:
Re: Terelle Suggs files grievence against Baltimore: Breaks off long term contract ta

Considering that this will almost undoubtably be a rebuilding year for the Ravens, does anyone think they may dangle Suggs out there as trade bait? :confused:

I doubt it, but he's out the door next offseason, maybe the Pats make a run at him then and we see a reunited ADT and Suggs. Anyone who saw any Baltimore games while both these guys were playing together knows how lethal of a combination they would be. That being said don't know how hard it would be for him to pick up the Pats system that'd be the big question mark.

Re: Terelle Suggs files grievence against Baltimore: Breaks off long term contract ta

I'd give the #7 overall for Suggs IN A HEARTBEAT. They'll never do it, though.

Balt uses a 3-4.
Suggs can play ILB, OLB and has played DE.
He's 25 with 5 years experience!
Trade the first rnd pick tomorrow for him. He's an instant star in a high-need position for the Pats.
No-brainah! (If Pats have the room)

I'd give the #7 overall for Suggs IN A HEARTBEAT. They'll never do it, though.

Why not? I mean, if Baltimore knows for sure that he is not going to resign there long-term anyway, and realistically they have no chance of going anywhere in '08 (new coaching staff, new (project) QB, loss of Ogden, tough conference) then why not get something for him that they can use to help them re-tool for the future??

If the guy is unhappy enough to actually file a grievance against the team, I think it's pretty safe to assume that a bitter hold out is on the horizon. That is probably not something that a new coaching staff wants on their plate.

I think there were some people on here pissed because the pats didn't tag moss and 'deal from a position of strength', or whatever.
I hope they're following this.

I hate to say it but the Ravens let Adalius walk because they knew they needed to sign Suggs, who is much younger and probably a better player. But if they can't sign Suggs, their plan has backfired. They have had some awesome talent on defense over the last 5 years.

Last edited:

I think there were some people on here pissed because the pats didn't tag moss and 'deal from a position of strength', or whatever.

Very good observation which has been made before around here. This franchise tag needs to be re-worked in the NFL - its not fair to the players who in the NFL basically play for that one window after their rookie contract expires. They too deserve to be able to put food on their family's table people.

Last edited:

There is NO WAY the Ravens let Suggs go. They'll work it out.

There is NO WAY the Ravens let Suggs go. They'll work it out.

I dont know, if we were to offer them #7, I think it'd be pretty hard to pass up, given the possibilities of how the draft could work out

balt wont let him go, but i would give a 7 for him if bill agreed!

I think his beef has to do with them tagging him as a LB instead of a DE. But your point still applies. If they were looking to sign him to a long term deal, why anger him (to the point of filing a grievance) by tagging him at the lower paying position? It's going to be tough to negotiate with a guy who thinks you are trying to screw him over.

If you're NE, why not make a pitch?

If you're NE, why not make a pitch?

He's young, he's versatile, but word has it he's not the brightest streetlight on the block.

I think the Ravens would bite the Pats' hands off, personally. The number 7 and 8 pick in the draft? In a year filled with some excellent defensive players?

Very good observation which has been made before around here. This franchise tag needs to be re-worked in the NFL - its not fair to the players who in the NFL basically play for that one window after their rookie contract expires. They too deserve to be able to put food on their family's table people.

If the owners are going to give up the right to franchise a player, what should the players give up in return??

If the owners are going to give up the right to franchise a player, what should the players give up in return??

Lower cap.

Lower cap.

And why are the 1700 players going to agree to a lower cap and less revenue in order to make the 50 or so among them that may be franchised in their career happy?

Because eight million (guaranteed) dollars isn't enough to feed a family?

And why are the 1700 players going to agree to a lower cap and less revenue in order to make the 50 or so among them that may be franchised in their career happy?

They are not.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes