PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tentative deal reached in lockout

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
NBA owners, players have tentative agreement - ESPN

After a secret meeting earlier this week, the sides met for more than 15 hours Friday, working to try to save the season. This handshake deal, however, still must be ratified by both owners and players.

Stern said it was "subject to a variety of approvals and very complex machinations, but we're optimistic that will all come to pass and that the NBA season will begin Dec. 25."

Looks like the Celtics will begin on December 25th against the Knicks if all the pieces fall into place.

Fans need to occupy the arenas and keep the season from happening. Just kidding but seriously I hope they lose tons of money - greed is inreal.

Disappointing...

It sucks. It's the only bad news I have heard all weekend. Hopefully it doesn't work out and they lose the whole year. Not that I would be watching if it does come back.

damn i really wanted to see the nba lose the entire year. heres hoping the miami heat bus crashes into a pole or something. it would have been nice not to see those aholes on tv for a year. i cant wait to see what the celtics do next year with almost there entire roster open and plenty of cap room. they have no shot this year. but they will tease some into thinking otherwise. by the end of the year most of them will end up on the disabled list. goooooooooooo bruinsssssss. they are the best team in town now. who would have thought that.

Last edited:
So what center are the Heat going to sign, now that the CBA favors them and teams like them? Does anybody care? Is anyone paying attention?

damn i really wanted to see the nba lose the entire year. heres hoping the miami heat bus crashes into a pole or something. it would have been nice not to see those aholes on tv for a year. i cant wait to see what the celtics do next year with almost there entire roster open and plenty of cap room. they have no shot this year. but they will tease some into thinking otherwise. by the end of the year most of them will end up on the disabled list. goooooooooooo bruinsssssss. they are the best team in town now. who would have thought that.

354lw0.jpg

So what center are the Heat going to sign, now that the CBA favors them and teams like them? Does anybody care? Is anyone paying attention?

Why does it favor them -- are you referring to the "amnesty" waiver or something else?

I have to be honest and say I'll watch the season but don't care for it thanks to the lockout.

OK I don't follow this. You wanted the NBA to lose a year but you are excited about what the Celtics will do. You didn't want a season this year because you hate the Heat but are mad you will see them on TV. Just do what I do, don't watch.

Tentative deal reached in lockout and never hesitate any matters depth considering so we want a broad perspective for best role and direction.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back