PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tendonitis - TFB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't have tennis elbow and his throws are often at the receivers ankles by design...because few of those ever get tipped or picked and guys like Welker and Gronkowski can make those catches routinely in tight coverage. I bet if Gronk were 2 inches shorter or couldn't jump you'd all be claiming Brady's throws to him were sailing...as opposed to placed where only he can make a play on them and is expected to because that is part of his skillset. He looked bad when Randy lost vertical...not to mention fight.

Whatever, Mo. I've said there have been issues with Brady for awhile. Hell, his personal QB Coach (Tom Martinez) said that there was something off with Brady not that long ago.

Your excuse for Brady throwing a ball at the ankles of receivers is wanting. It's much easier to tip a ball at the line that has no arc than it is to tip one that has arc.

Brady should be hitting his receivers in stride. Not throwing at their ankles so it's virtually impossible to not be off-balance and then end up with very little if any YAC..

The idea that catching balls thrown at your ankles is somekind of "skillset" is just laughable.

Whatever, Mo. I've said there have been issues with Brady for awhile. Hell, his personal QB Coach (Tom Martinez) said that there was something off with Brady not that long ago.

Your excuse for Brady throwing a ball at the ankles of receivers is wanting. It's much easier to tip a ball at the line that has no arc than it is to tip one that has arc.

Brady should be hitting his receivers in stride. Not throwing at their ankles so it's virtually impossible to not be off-balance and then end up with very little if any YAC..

The idea that catching balls thrown at your ankles is somekind of "skillset" is just laughable.

You're making it seem as if the majority of his throws have been at guy's ankles. That's not true at all. Those low throws, obviously, aren't by design, but for whatever reason it's happened mainly on screen passes and on short sideline throws when the WR is well covered. Apart from those cases, I don't remember a single instance where a receiver was wide open and Brady threw it at their feet when he wasn't pressured.

You're making it seem as if the majority of his throws have been at guy's ankles. That's not true at all. Those low throws, obviously, aren't by design, but for whatever reason it's happened mainly on screen passes and on short sideline throws when the WR is well covered. Apart from those cases, I don't remember a single instance where a receiver was wide open and Brady threw it at their feet when he wasn't pressured.

Then you haven't been watching the games because there were several in the last game alone. Prior to that, it had been 3 or 4 weeks since Brady had missed that badly, but there was a stretch earlier of 5 or 6 games where Brady was off on his throws..

BTW, I was using that as just one example.

Another piece added to the slow-start puzzle...

at least the shoulder injury is on his non throwing side. If it was his throwing arm...we may be screwed..

I have tendonitis. I golf. It takes me a while to warm up and feel good.

I know you've said it, and I take that for what it's worth. Martinez comments were when he was coming off dealing with the bone bruise.

LOL and when it has arc he's accused of putting too much air under it...

If they were open or had much seperation he would. That hasn't been the case consistently this season. Part of Gronk's and Welker's skillsets are catch radius. It's an anomoly when they don't make a catch and it has come to be an expectation that they will. They will both tell you it's the receiver's job on this team to catch balls in their vacinity as it is to see coverage as their QB does and to make plays for him when he targets them. I recall listening to Aikman one day opine about how QB's too often take the blame for mistakes their receivers make, and that when guys like Manning and Brady (or other elite QB's) are the QB's you can almost guarantee they were not at fault because both are particularly accurate. I know the broadcast teams often blather about what the target should have been, but then they don't generally know what the route should have precisely entailed - particularly here where post snap sight adjustments and precision timing are both part of the equation.

Tell that to Tom, Wes, Gronk and Bill. Brady's job in tight coverage is to put the ball where only his guy can make a play on it. He goes to those two primarily because they can make a play on it almost anywhere in their range. He hits guys in stride when they have seperation, but here that seldom happens except when coverages are blown. That's just then nature of the beast he's given to deal with.

right; agreed we know all that. BUT WHY WOULD THE TENDONITIS ONLY AFFECT HIM TO START THE GAME?????

Maybe his arm gets warmed up and it doesn't hurt as much? Maybe he got a cortizone (or some other pain killer) shot at half-time? There's no denying that a lot of his throws were way low on Sat. in the first half, and then in the 2nd half they seemed to have more lift.

Maybe his arm gets warmed up and it doesn't hurt as much? Maybe he got a cortizone (or some other pain killer) shot at half-time? There's no denying that a lot of his throws were way low on Sat. in the first half, and then in the 2nd half they seemed to have more lift.

Did you happen to notice anything else going on in the first half that wasn't going on in the second half? 'Cause I think there were a couple of things going on, including something Bill went off on them over in the locker room and something else Welker acknowledged at halftime to his teamates...not to mention Scar had multiple personnel and scheme issues to deal with...

The whole team seemed to have more lift if you will in the second half.

A source likely informed Clayton of the tendonitis, that Brady may or may not have. If it ain't tendonitis is something. He's throwing the balls waaaay toooooo low at times, for no reason too. Even when he's got plenty of time in the pocket he's throwing low balls unintentionally. But this has been going on since the start of the season. I noticed it in the 1st Miami game, but excused it because of the lockout. It could just simply be Brady half-resting in the 1st half and playing his fullest in the 2nd half. I believe the offense had slow starts in most of the games if not all, this season. Brady has been on the injury report in the past for shoulder issues, so the old problem could be back and bothering him. I just hope it's nothing serious.

Tom Brady injured is still better than everyone else..crazy how good that dude is...what round did he get drafted in again?

If he gets off to a quick start next game this board is going to blow up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes