PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tempo of the game - This engine runs better at higher RPMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveDemPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
At about the 9 minute mark of the forth, I said, "well, this is what championship seasons are made of. This is when the champions make the plays."

And amazingly, the pats did it.

I also hoped with every fiber in my body that they would up the tempo, and play with more urgency.

Naturally they did this, and it certainly seemed to get the rythm going for them.

Anybody else hope that when and if the pats meet these guys again that they maybe play around with upping the tempo on some occasions?

The pats really seem to have a team that works better at higher RPMs.

I agree I think we looked sluggish in the 1st half but we seemed to snap out of it once we upped the tempo.

It seems both teams were operating on the smart philosophy of slowing down their own offenses to keep the other offense off the field. It didn't exactly suit our offense, I agree. The Colts offense, who knows....they got two huge BS yardage gifts which lead to FGs and one great run by Addai where our guys looked extremely foolish.

I think we came alive at the end when we needed to score fast.

You cannot play up-tempo the entire game because Manning will wear the Pats' defense out and there goes the game.

I agree I think we looked sluggish in the 1st half but we seemed to snap out of it once we upped the tempo.

I wonder if the pats will inject some of this into the game the next time these two play.

It just seems that if you give mathis and freeny a chance to rest, they are way more dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back