Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tell us again why Casey is being replaced?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jan 4, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i mean, i think i know the answer, but I'd like one of the war enthusiasts to offer their take

ABC: Bush set to replace Abizaid, Casey. President Bush “intends to nominate Admiral William J. Fallon to replace General John Abizaid at Central Command” and Lieutenant General David Petraeus to replace General George Casey as Baghdad commander. “The president wants a clean sweep” an official told ABC News. “Fallon, who is in the Navy, is currently head of Pacific Command; he will be overseeing two ground wars, so the appointment is highly unusual.”

this blogger on the ABC site asks a tough question:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  2. italia44

italia44 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There are no "war enthusiasts",only Patriots who wish Democracy and Freeedom to prevail and those who do not.

3. italia44

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That is a fair question......I believe that the Iraquis don't want it.......therefore,we should get out,on a timetable that protects our soldiers as well as the interests of our allies.This doesn't mean all was wrong with our intent or conduct,during the war.
    The term "war enthusiasts",was particularly galling
    to me.No reasoned person should be "enthusiastic" about war,nor should we shirk from it's inevitibility.

4. The Predator

The Predator Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I just wanted to point out the we don't have a democracy nor are we trying to set up a democracy in Iraq or Afg. We are a representative republic which is very different that a democracy. Sorry for butting it, it is just a pet peave.

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

please don't make me provide for you the dozen or so entries i've seen here whereby some genius Bunkerite has shown unquestionable enthusiasm for war, especially in Iraq...

now, can you possibly concentrate on the thread topic, or do you have no input?

6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

anyhow, back to the topic presented.... Curious George says he wants a "clean sweep"....

that's interesting... this wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Gen. Casey knows 20,000 extra troops will do absolutely nothing (and you don't like that kind of advice), does it George?

here are some examples of you, George, and the Dark Lord, praising Gen. Casey over the past year... Of course, it's not terribly surprising to find you guys lying again, but this contradiction's so egregious -- so easily exposed -- that you almost have to marvel at the audacity of it. Either they were lying then, or they're lying now -- and my vote is for "now."

On October 20, 2006, Cheney gave an interview to NPR's Juan Williams, in which he said:

On September 15, 2006, Bush publicly said the following:

On June 26, 2006 -- after some of the horrific violence that according to the Times persuaded Bush that Casey was "more committed to withdrawal than victory" -- Bush stated explicitly that Casey was committed to achieving "victory" and that Bush trusted him:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  7. italia44

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unfortunately,you have become the "thread topic",by your banal,inane and vaucous diatribe.

Someone had to "b-tch-slap" you,and I was more than happy to oblige.

8. italia44

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks Nem.......that's a little too literal......(but,I stole it,just in case).

9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

where did i diatribe in the original post? are you being overdramatic like your allies here? you took indignant, irrelevant acception to the "war enthusiasts" comment... to which i challenged you ...

do you want me to provide links to posts around here where people have shown undeniable enthusiasm for the war? or do you have anything, for once, to add to the thread theme about Gen. Casey's replacement? pick one, and give the hyperbole and personal assault a rest ... because you're already shown to be inaccurate, overdramatic, and hypocritical...

as for the b!tch slap, i wonder how much of a likeness you have to the womanly image above... considering you're kinda being one about one word in this thread...

10. italia44

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

diatribe is a noun,never a verb......it's exception,not acception........hippocritical,not hypocritical.

English as a second language.....jeez,you're not worth being b!tch-slapped.

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol... that's excellent... you're reduced to spelling and typo ridicule because you have absolutely nothing to offer about the topic, my retort to your crying session, or anything else for that matter... the ultimate capitulation...

for the record, hippocritical is not a word...i spelled it just fine.... if you're going to play "na-na" games, at least get your corrections right....

might be time for bed, Italia... g'night...

12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

Getting back to the original part of this post, hasn't George always surrounded himself with people that completely agree with him?? I suspect anyone in his inner circle who disagrees with his point or Cheney's point of view is thought of as someone who is a threat.. thus they are let go.

Time and time again, it has been pointed out and documented that George does not like the process of give and take in decision making, he likes his own way.. he wants like minded people to make decisions thre is no room for diverging theories in this adm.