Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tell the Whole Story FOX! Barack Obama's pastor Wright

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Mar 21, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

God Damn America! Watch Rev. Wright's Sermon Put in Context

Wright's Sermon Video:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RvMbeVQj6Lw

A hateful sermon? That wasn't hateful. That was moral outrage and indignation towards America's history of taking from Native Americans, enslaving African Americans, and imprisoning Japanese Americans.

The full speech needs to be spread far and wide to make up for the past week's distortion.

This is the part of the speech the republicans didn't like : ;)

No wonder they had to distort the hell out of his message.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

To be fair, it's not just the Red Division of The Party who have set up this smear campaign. Sure, they had a large part in it because it's in their best interest politically, to keep the Dems engaged, spending money against each other instead of against McCain,.....but an equally large portion of the blame rests on the shoulders of the Blue Division of the Republicrat Party, particularly the Clintons, who have obviously quietly enjoyed the political and media crucifiction of Obama. CNN and MSNBC have also joined in on the fear mongering bulls#!t we have been watching and are just as culpable as FOX and Rush. This is all whitey being scared of negroes who might have finally found a guy who is a good candidate. No one can actually legitimately question Obama's patriotism and ability to lead when compared to the other candidates. Because he is such a serious contender (which NO ONE really expected. Most just thought that this was a "training run" for future campaigns) his enemies have been forced to resort to smear and idiotic accusations about his relationships with his wife and pastor.

This country is full of scared little pussies who can't accept the possibilities (read: "threat") that a black (sort of) president mught present. My guy still has my vote, but Obama is an acceptable man for this job.

Hillary Clinton, John McCain, and everyone else who has stood idly by should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to happen to Obama for the sake of their own political advancement.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

If CNN or CBS could find something similar to the "Pastor Tape" to use against the Bush family or John McCain what do you think they would do with it-----------:singing:

American Politics:
    If you want to dance you have to pay the fiddler.

Prince Obama is playing with the big boys now.

4. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

True , unfortunately a lot of arrogant Pussies out there .

I feel their pain , and they called this guy racist! you gotta be kidding me.

5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

So Wes how do you try to explain away printing the rant by the @2 of Hamas on his website?

6. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I've watched it more than once, and I now think the sermon was brilliant.

"God bless America" ;)

7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

The fact YOU think that this sort of thing is 'brilliant' speaks volumes about you.

8. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

That was a great sermon. Just comes to show how in this time of rotten press and soundbite politics we lost sight of what's important.

9. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Again Wes I'm losing a little faith in you here, calling that rant brilliant? Yikes. I mean, there are injustices in this country, but there's also a whole lot of good, and saying "God Damn America" crosses the line. Listen to the speech more carefully and watch it again, there are even a bunch of people in his own church that boo/stop clapping when he goes there.

10. PF1996

PF1996 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Not at all surprising. Any sensible person understood two things; one - the quotes were all out of context so to form a hard opinion without seeing the full sermon was idiotic. Secondly, even without the context, it was obvious that the guy wasn't just standing at the pulpit randomnly yelling "God damn America, God damn America" but was using the phrase in reference to specific issues, as a jumping off point from the phrase "God bless America" and to express the conflicted issues that the oppressed peoples of America face everyday.

Not surprising though that the racists, who would deny slavery if they could, consider acknowledgment of history "hate speech". :rolleyes: It's somewhat ironic that the righty uses "muslims who deny the holocaust" when promoting their propaganda against muslims, yet these same righties demonstrate a similar sensibility towards the crimes that have been committed against blacks in America and the consequences of those crimes.

Hey, you have to understand that this is a group that considers calling black women "nappy headed hos" a "harmless joke" while saying "God damn America" is "hate speech". :rofl: :rofl:

11. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Not far off. America is much bigger than the Rutgers lady basketball team.

12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Harryyyyyyyy.....

In an interview that will appear in this Sunday’s New York Times Magazine, controversial televangelist Rev. John Hagee declares, “It’s true that [John] McCain’s campaign sought my endorsement.”

McCain has attempted to distance himself from some of Hagee’s views, much as Barack Obama is doing in relation to Rev. Jeremiah Wright. But unlike McCain, Obama has not stood on stage with Wright and accepted his accolades this year.

Interviewed by Deborah Solomon, Hagee refused to discuss his statement that Hurricane Katrina was God’s punishment for a gay rights parade in New Orleans, calling it “so far off-base.”

you asked for it. Lets see how this shakes out over the weekend.

13. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yikes. Post some of Hagee's preachin's, would ya?

I remember the crying the McCain campain did in South Carolina. Seems like they learned too little too late.

Sorry guy--I just don't like McCain. Never have. Always will.

14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

McCain lost all of my respect after he folded in SC. After 'someone' attacked his children and his family in general. He toted the party line, and ate the poop sandwich that they forcefed him....

The man is a war hero, but he will never get my vote.

PS by 'someone' I mean Karl Rove and the Bush regime.

15. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

There is an old saying in political circles among Republicans as it pertains to winning elections. "Just let the Democrats talk." Wes provides a perfect example of this theory.

16. PF1996

PF1996 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Thanks again for more evidence. :rofl:

By the way, you're really so stupid that you think that "God damn America" is more than a figure of speech? You really think that Wright meant that every person in America should be damned by God?

:rofl: rofl:

Damn - righties are idiots.

Hmmm...considering how much yapping the Republicans do, I guess this is just another example of the righty saying one thing and doing the opposite. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, thanks for making the standard irrelevant ad hominem contribution of the typical righty.

17. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Not this time , enough is enough .