PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tell my again why Woodley wouldn't be a good fit at OLB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too funny, I was trying to find this old post of mine earlier when Woodley started taking off and doing exactly what I thought he would. Like many of you who love the draft and follow it, I miss on lots of players, it feels good when you feel passionate about a player and he turns out to be exactly who you thought he would be. He would look really good in a pats uniform right now.

Yeah he'd look good in a pats uniform... Better than adalius thomas does

Too funny, I was trying to find this old post of mine earlier when Woodley started taking off and doing exactly what I thought he would. Like many of you who love the draft and follow it, I miss on lots of players, it feels good when you feel passionate about a player and he turns out to be exactly who you thought he would be. He would look really good in a pats uniform right now.

Considering where he was taken - Round 2 #46 overall pick of the 2007 draft, the question would have been did the Pats like Woodley enough to trade up in Round 2 for him. The Pats pick in round 2 of that draft was #60 overall. They would have had to move up significantly to do so. Instead they traded away that pick for Wes Welker. The Fins took Satele C with that pick. Considering how successful Welker has been for New England, the FINAL question is, would you rather have Welker plus given up extra picks to move up to #45 or Woodley? Hindsight is 20/20 but I think the Pats got decent bang for the buck with Welker.

Considering where he was taken - Round 2 #46 overall pick of the 2007 draft, the question would have been did the Pats like Woodley enough to trade up in Round 2 for him. The Pats pick in round 2 of that draft was #60 overall. They would have had to move up significantly to do so. Instead they traded away that pick for Wes Welker. The Fins took Satele C with that pick. Considering how successful Welker has been for New England, the FINAL question is, would you rather have Welker plus given up extra picks to move up to #45 or Woodley? Hindsight is 20/20 but I think the Pats got decent bang for the buck with Welker.

And even that is unrealistic, since that pick was long gone months before the draft. What they really would have had to do is use the pick they traded for Mayo + others. I liked Woodley, but I'm more than happy with Mayo instead.

Wow, a blast from the past. I wonder how Sebby is doing in his campaign to be drafted into the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes