PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Television Coverage for Week 7, Jets at Patriots

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Television Coverage for Week 7, Jets at Patriots
By: John Morgan

The stars align in a favorable position this week for out of town Pats fans as 92% of the US will be able to see the Patriots play the Jets next Sunday from the comfort of their own couch, even without a subscription to the Sunday Ticket....

Don't even need to click the link. Sadly, the Jaguars are playing at 4:00 as well. Off to the bar for me...

It must be rare to have the entire national spotlight during daylight hours...

I wonder how often one single non-prime time Sunday game has reached as much as 92% of all viewers nationwide.

I recall a 4PM Colts-Patriots Brady-Manning dual a few years back that may have approached this, but it must be not common.

Maybe it'll be blacked out?
blackout = no game shown at all

Last edited:
While this could be a great PR opportunity to remind everyone what the Pats are capable of, it could also spell disaster… if somehow (however remotely) the Pats choke for some odd goddamn reason that I can’t even think of, and the Jets end up winning. We will look like the biggest joke of the league to have just lost to that green garbage at home on national stage.

506 maps are up.

the506.com - 2012 week 7

bottom line: Unless you're within a 90 minute drive of Jacksonville or San Francisco, you get Pats-Jets at 4:25.

:cool:

I hope the Pats get a big lead quickly sunday. I don't know how much I can take of Nantz and Simms fawning over the Jets...

506 maps are up.

the506.com - 2012 week 7

bottom line: Unless you're within a 90 minute drive of Jacksonville or San Francisco, you get Pats-Jets at 4:25.

:cool:

That first map (early game on CBS) in inaccurate. I live 40 minutes north-east of NYC, and I will be watching the Ravens @ Texans game - according to my cable provider (Cablevision).

The map shows blackout in the NYC metro area.

I hope the Pats get a big lead quickly sunday. I don't know how much I can take of Nantz and Simms fawning over the Jets...

I don't know about that.... I find Simms always have something good to say about the Pats.

Nantz is a douche, I agree.

Last edited:
Stupid Raiders and the "85% capacity gets the blackout lifted" rule this year. Thought this was a sure-fire weekend to see the Pats.

Regards,
Chris

Chris, Is the blackout lift official? I live in Sacramento and like you was thinking there was no way the Jags were going to get the game on local. Since there's only 2 games at this time, I'm assuming the redzone will show plenty of Pats/Jets.

Chris, Is the blackout lift official? I live in Sacramento and like you was thinking there was no way the Jags were going to get the game on local. Since there's only 2 games at this time, I'm assuming the redzone will show plenty of Pats/Jets.

I could not find official information on the blackout being lifted, but assume it will be. 85% is a threshold the Raiders should be able to meet for every game, even the Jags.

Update: Received a one-day extension to reach the threshold (boo!)

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
CBS will have the game in my area :rocker::rocker:

I'll be in Williamsburg VA this weekend with the kids for an Irish dance competition,
so I'm glad to be able to DVR the game, because we likely won't be back in Hershey
til late Sunday night. I've already told friends & family up in Boston not to contact me
until I contact them first. It's blackout time, again.

Only 2 NFL games this Sunday at 4

Pats play the Rexs and the Raiders play the Jags.... With there being a Thursday night game and 6 times having a bye this week, there are very few games this weekend.

Roger Godell needs to revisit the scheduling, it sucks so far this year

Re: Only 2 NFL games this Sunday at 4

Fox moved all of their games to 1PM in order to televise baseball at 4:30,

which won't even happen if the Cardinals win tonight

Last edited:
Re: Only 2 NFL games this Sunday at 4

Hopefully we'll all be watching CBS switch over to the Jags Raiders by 6:30 after the Pats have built an 80 point lead going into the 4th Qu. ;)

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back