Welcome to PatsFans.com

Telepromter Speech

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

How come nobody is talking about the Jug Ear Speech in Egypt..:confused:

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,081 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

TOTUS forgot to mention the splendid human rights, religious rights and women's rights in Muslim land. I have no problem with better relations ... should have been done years ago. But let's not put lipstick on a pig just to gain something. That is no different than what we have done in the past. We can have good relations with countries who are different than us just by being respectfull and truthfull. The speech today wasn't much different than a speech given after cheating on a spouse ... lots of fluff and little substance.

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think its great that our president is willing to talk about the muslim world without using fear of war. I'm glad we have a president who understands the difference between Shia and Sunni people.

"So long as our relationship is defined by our differences, we will empower those who sow hatred rather than peace,"

-The President of the United States

now, if he can get the greeting thing down...we are solid.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  4. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

"There is a change between the language of President Obama and previous speeches made by George Bush," said Fawzi Barhoum, a spokesman for Hamas. So all we can say is that there is a difference in the statements, and the statements of today did not include a mechanism that can translate his wishes and views into actions," said Barhoum, whose group the U.S. considers a terrorist organization.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

here you go Harry....

these people seem to be on your side.....strange?

"Obama's speech is an attempt to mislead people and create more illusions to improve America's aggressive image in the Arab and Islamic world," said a joint statement by eight Damascus, Syria-based radical Palestinian factions, including Hamas.

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

He apologized for how awful we are and gave Iran our go ahead for nuclear technogy. Good job for The Idiot in Chief.

7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I'd really love to see the quote about that in his speech....please, then we can discuss it.

8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +517 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Did I say it was a quote ? He, once again, talked about our misdeeds, in his opinion, of the past. Face it, he hates America; he doesn't hate what he would like America to be but he hates what America is.

9. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

so......the invasion on Iraq, and killing of thousands of innocents wasn't a misdeed? Not supporting Afghanistan after the soviet invasion wasn't a misdeed? Giving Iran centrifuges wasn't a misdeed? the list goes on and on.....

you seem to want to live in never-never land where no evil was ever done and Bush is lord.

Good luck.

10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +517 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

I've made my opinion on Bush well known, you are ignoring that for your own edification I guess.

Centrifuges for Iran ? Well obama much be in favor of that.

The war in Iraq ? In retrospect it was a mistake. But let's get this straight, the death of X number of Iraqis is due to the terrorists and insurgents over there. Sure, we're partly to blame for going over there and drawing them out but you seem to forget it wasn't a garden of peace before we went in either.

11. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Seems like saying we are sorry is the right thing to do, instead of laughing about it:

YouTube - Bush Jokes about WMD

This is a process, and will take time to win over these people who are quite pi$$ed at us. I hear you people say all the time "THEY WANT TO KILL YOU" etc....

well, the only way to make them not kill us, is by making them not WANT to kill us. The process starts like any grief process, with acknowledging the issue. If we keep mocking and fearing what we don't understand, we end up exactly where we are.

12. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Overkill. He's running all over the world doing it and he's not subtle about it either. He's like a speaker at an AA meeting, confessing all our misdeeds and sins in hopes we believe that a global kumbaya moment will occur and world peace will reign.

The caveat is, nobody he's "reaching out to" is trustworthy. The signifigance of his words and overall concilitiory demeanor has less to do with how We perceive it and more to do with how the representatives of those countries perceive it, and in order to figure that out you have to look at just WHO he's apologizing to. Pillars of the global community for sure, I expect nothing less than world peace :cool:

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +517 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

We just went through this with The Idiot in Chief, those things are supposed to be funny; personally I think it's in bad taste for Presidents to make fun of mistakes but they all do it.

14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +517 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Plus they don't want to like us.

It's like when you have an argument with your wife and you're pissed. She apologizes and immediately you're happy because you want to like her. As opposed to someone you hate and you don't believe them, if they admit they were wrong you say "yeah, see, I knew you were up to no good". The middle east sees us as the latter, not a people they want to like but ones they'll jump on if they say they were wrong.

15. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Their goals are completely different from ours, or what ours used to be anyway.

He's so exploiting the Bush Regime to the point when is someone going to dare ask exactly when will Obama's accountability begin?

16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +517 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Blame Bush won't last forever. How long will it last ? I don't know but it will die out. My guess is it won't last until the midterms next year.

17. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/03/opinion/03alHamalawy.html?_r=1

Speech Therapy: Pretty Words in Cairo Hide Brutal Realities of Power | Chris Floyd Online - Empire Burlesque - High Crimes and Low Comedy in the American Imperium