Welcome to PatsFans.com

Telander piece in todays Chicago Sun Times.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JDP111, Feb 21, 2007.

1. JDP111

JDP111 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Rick Telander's piece in today's Chicago "Suck" Times.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/telander/265893,CST-SPT-rick21.article

I think that this whole Brady/Moynahan/Pregnancy story is a non-story. Telander takes the cake for a shoddy journalist with this one. He sounds like an Evangelical, jealous, racist, bigot. Not to mention that Chicago is home to some athletes that have questionable track records concerning parenting, actual parenting not conjecture concerning parenting, out of wedlock (see Brian Urlacher). Telander is probably too much of a p***y to call out an athlete in his own town. I sent him an e-mail at the sun times and got a reply saying his box does not take unsolicited email, or something to that effect. So I then e-mailed the editor!
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  2. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It's your basic garden variety hit piece. Of course, he picks the low lying fruit by bringing race into it. Telander, besides having a longstanding bitterness toward major college football, is a lot like Skip Bayless in that people who are successful in life anger him for whatever reason.

We'll all judge Brady by our own standards. In my view, he's someone who made a mistake, if you can really call it that. It takes two to tango, and well, Bridgette's desire to have a kid is well known. We'll leave it at that.

If we look at his son/daughter 18 years from now, we'll see a healthy, loving relationship that stood the test of time. There's absolutley nothing I've read, seen or heard about Brady that suggests he won't be a wonderful father. I have zero doubts about that. And I don't think you have to be in the home to do that. There are a lot of great fathers out there who aren't married to their child's mother. To say that's not possible is myopic and a slap in the face to fathers who are there for their kids regardless.

Telander has the high ground now. He can write his savage hit piece with relative immunity. But as the child grows up and we see how Brady fills a role he will be quite good at, Telander will look like the bitter, vindictive, hateful moron that he is. The only variable is time.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2007