PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tejada rumors red-hot

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Tejada asked the Orioles what's taking so long, and wants to go to somewhere besides Baltimore, as the Yanks and Jays are likely to finish ahead of the O's.

Ortiz and Tejada are good friends (both involved in the phone card scandal), and I'm guessing Big Papi could make the transition with Manny now an ex-neighbor.

Clement and Manny for Tejada is the frontrunner. That's actaully dumping some salary for the sox, dumping an uneeded starter, a distraction for one of the best hitters and a damn good fielder in Tejada.

Manny is a whack-job, and I can't think of a closer trade of comparable value for him...but he is a first ballot HOF'er and one of the best batters in the MLB's history...

shame he's such a nutjob

now about Dave Roberts for Dave Wells...I love Boomer, but...MAKE THAT TRADE...

I'll admit I'm a Clement supporter. I expect we'll see better from him next year. Miggie's making more noise than Manny. That should work to our advantage. Honestly, I don't see why we should give up Clement without getting something else in return. Say, Luis Matos. If it does end up being Manny/Clement for Tejada, we better not be paying a dime. How much money did the Orioles offer Byrd? And Konerko? They can shut up about money.

Flying Fungi said:
If we trade Wells, we better get back more than just Roberts.

Well

Flying Fungi said:
Manny is a whack-job, and I can't think of a closer trade of comparable value for him...but he is a first ballot HOF'er and one of the best batters in the MLB's history...

shame he's such a nutjob

I love manny and don't want him to go anywhere. However if he does get dealt, than this is the only trade that will make the loss "not so bad". We can fill the need at short, while keeping a great bat behind tizzle (not manny great, but not bad either)

I believe this isn't an option as the pads recently signed him to a longer deal and told him he will be a "everyday" player! I wouldn't mind having him back though and he is loved forever in boston!

If we do trade Manny for Miggy then who plays left???No left and no center!!!

Read somewhere there was a Baltimore outfielder in the deal also, Nick Markakis, not sure if he can step in right now. Tejada would look good in a RS uniform, always liked Manny but sick of his whine about wanting to be traded.

Patriot Pride said:
We're doooooooooooooooooooooooomed! If only the season didn't start tomorrow!

Patriot Pride said:
what do we allow mutiple names here now .i smell RS

Well

Well right now we don't have center, short, or first (unless you count youk). i think by opening day it will be miggy at short, reed in center, youk at first, and someone we don't know about yet playing left. the o's deal got harder when the o's lost burnett to the pirates becuase now they can't deal that other outfielder to the sox in the deal.

i love manny, but right now i would be happy to have miggy at short instead of lugo as is rumored (gathright also in the deal and they spin him off to seattle for reed. (please don't trade marte for lugo)

keep fueling the fire papi and force the o's hand to trade miggy :D

you can forget about miggy cause he aint coming to beantown .

Well

Heard today that manny now wants to stay in boston which means he will be here in the spring becuase he has 10/5 rights. The only way i would be "ok" with him leaving is if we got miggy (and that's doesn't look good) so i am good with manny staying.

of course in a dream world we could keep manny and get miggy! :rocker:

im to the point now that i dont care what that clown does .

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back