PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tedy on Vrabel : MVP of the Defense last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Lots of good stuff in this edition of Reiss' Mailbag. http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extras/askreiss/04_05_06/?page=3

Loved this one:
As for what the team does now, I think Vrabel moves back outside and they fill an inside spot with either Monty Beisel, Ryan Claridge, Eric Alexander or a draft choice. Here was Tedy Bruschi's take on the situation: "It can be either, because of the flexibility Mike Vrabel showed last year. He was able to come back and play inside linebacker. It took me three years to play inside linebacker coming from defensive line out of college. What he did in three weeks really impressed me. He was the MVP of the defense last year, by far, if you ask me. You bring in an inside linebacker, move Vrabel to outside. Bring in an outside linebacker and move Vrabel to inside, that's the flexibility he gives us. I'd rather have him next to me [at inside linebacker], to tell you the truth, because he's a good friend of mine and he's a playmaker. I like playing next to him. But if he needs to be outside, he can do that too. We have a lot of flexibility when it comes to picking a linebacker, and especially with Mike Vrabel."

Heh. I was in the "No way should we move Vrabel inside" camp that was oh so wrong last year. Vrabes was awesome inside, so now I'm in the "No way should we move Vrabel back outside" camp.. which virtually guarantees, umm...
:bricks:

I absolutely agree with Tedy. Vrabel was the MVP. What he did, changing positions, in three weeks, is amazing. I doubt a rook holds up or has the savy at ILB, so I think Bruschi gets his wish. My guess is that a rook could be a situational OLB pass-rusher.

No doubt about it ,Vrabes was the MVP of the D.

Now, Monte Biesel had the MVHottie of wives.

PATSNUTme said:
No doubt about it ,Vrabes was the MVP of the D.

Now, Monte Biesel had the MVHottie of wives.

I guess it's time to bump my Vrabel appreciation thread. haha.

:agree:

In a team of "everyman" type players, Vrabel seems to blend into the background and IMO he's ok with that. But, its for reasons like Vrabel that I think the D will be just fine this year. Vrabel is one of the unsung heroes on this team. It's nice to see a thread or two giving him props every now and then. :woohoo:

Glad to see Vrabel getting some respect - go back to the Super Bowl in 2002 - who was it who pressured Kurt Warner into throwing that decisive INT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back