Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfrom1960

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
About a minute left in the half.

Brownfan80 said:
What's Tedy doing at ND?
No, no, nothing live but apparently a taped interview with Tedy. Tedy is supposed to talk about how it is having AV on the other side. Also more hype, if you can take anymore, about the game tomorrow night. Oh, NBC has the ND game today and the game tomorrow night, thus the connection.

"That helmet with the patriot logo will be the only helmet I wear."

We love ya Tedy!

He said he respects Adam but will be cheering for him to miss. Tedy also says he'd retire before playing for anyone else. A true Patriot.

You couldn't ask for a better team player than Tedy Bruschi :rocker:

Patriotic said:
He said he respects Adam but will be cheering for him to miss. Tedy also says he'd retire before playing for anyone else. A true Patriot.
He also said he joined the Patriots the same year as AV, same draft class, and he looked weird in the Colts uni, all that white. He said back then "Bill" was the defensive backs coach?

Fanfrom1960 said:
He said back then "Bill" was the defensive backs coach?
Yeah, in 1996 Al Groh was the DC and Belichick was the Assistant HC/DB coach.

I saw the interview.I'm watching the Notre Dame vs North Carolina.

a true patriot

Patriotic said:

Awesome interview where Bruschi said that he likes to think that he is one of the loyal Patriots that helped to create and define the 'Patriot' team image during this dynasty run.

I must have missed where he said he 'respected' Adam. In my opinion, he made it EXTREMELY clear that he totally doesn't get why players like Adam would bother to leave. I thought he said that he was 'friends' with Adam but wouldn't care during the game, didn't like at all to see Adam in a different uniform and would NEVER switch teams himself. He made it very clear in my mind that he doesn't really respect the way players leave the team and that he wants to be the example of the opposite attitude and that he is very proud to not be one of the guys to leave. That was part of why he said he DISLIKED seeing Adam kick the field goal last weekend.

If he said he 'respected' Adam, it was perfectly clear that that was only for past achievements and that Bruschi doesn't like what Adam is up to nowadays. But again, I missed when that word 'respect' was mentioned.

Even my wife came away with the impression that Bruschi slapped down any notion of approving of what Adam did. And saying he disliked it.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Awesome interview where Bruschi said that he likes to think that he is one of the loyal Patriots that helped to create and define the 'Patriot' team image during this dynasty run.

I must have missed where he said he 'respected' Adam. In my opinion, he made it EXTREMELY clear that he totally doesn't get why players like Adam would bother to leave. I thought he said that he was 'friends' with Adam but wouldn't care during the game, didn't like at all to see Adam in a different uniform and would NEVER switch teams himself. He made it very clear in my mind that he doesn't really respect the way players leave the team and that he wants to be the example of the opposite attitude and that he is very proud to not be one of the guys to leave. That was part of why he said he DISLIKED seeing Adam kick the field goal last weekend.

If he said he 'respected' Adam, it was perfectly clear that that was only for past achievements and that Bruschi doesn't like what Adam is up to nowadays. But again, I missed when that word 'respect' was mentioned.

Even my wife came away with the impression that Bruschi slapped down any notion of approving of what Adam did. And saying he disliked it.

Tedy B..........One of a kind.

Lova ya Tedy B!!!

Great interview, something tells me they will get an extension done during the offseason.:cool:

mtbykr said:
Great interview, something tells me they will get an extension done during the offseason.:cool:
Outside of Brady, Tedy would look the most weird in another uniform. Then, Troy Brown. The worst ever look of a player who shouldn't have moved at the end of his career was a tie: Unitas as a Charger and Namath as a Ram. Even with Montana as a Chief, at least it was red. No worries about our three guys, I don't think.

mtbykr said:
He's signed through next year - going into the following year, he'll be 35 when training camp starts. I imagine they'll offer him a part time role level contract but he won't be getting a big one . . . he might choose to retire at 34 after next year anyway.

It would be really nice if there were more players that had the same feeling. While I understand free agency, I wouldn't want someone telling me that I had to work for them and no one else, I still don't like what it's done to sports. It's nice to see that there are guys like Tedy, all though I can't really root for someone on the Patriots. I do appreciate what he means to the Pats. Reggie was the same type of guy with the Pacers.

For me Tedy defines what I think of the Patriots on defense the same way that Troy defines what I think of the Patriots on offense.

Didn't see the interview but your description of Tedy is right on. What a classy guy. I believe that he is going to be a monster tonight....How bout an interception return for TD? Would not surprise me one bit....I know that he is going to retire sooner than later but in his last game as a Patriot, he should be carried off the field on the shoulders of his teamates to a 20 minute standing O....

Brownfan80 said:
For me Tedy defines what I think of the Patriots on defense the same way that Troy defines what I think of the Patriots on offense.

Loyalty is so underrated these days. Especially if the difference in money is not earthshattering. We are running out of lifetime Pats players to do our
Dunkin Donut commercials. :D

Loyalty is so underrated these days. Especially if the difference in money is not earthshattering. We are running out of lifetime Pats players to do our
Dunkin Donut commercials. :D

Yeah, they don't make guys like Bruschi by the dozen.

:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back