PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Teddy Bridgewater's falling stock.

You don't seem to understand what proof is. The proof of him taking drugs is his admission that he was taking drugs, just as his arrest for public intoxication is evidence of him being publicly intoxicated.

These are pretty clear for anyone who's not overly invested.

No that is not proof. Proof is a chemical test that he failed,

I do not accept the word of people with an axe to grind, and/or a willingness to prevaricate. I do accept that he was intoxicated in public due to alcohol. That is all that we know, and is not surprising for a college boy, at all.
It seems obvious that you are "under-invested" in him and/or unwilling to acknowledge his athletic gifts. Why??

I do not accept the word of people with an axe to grind, and/or a willingness to prevaricate. I do accept that he was intoxicated in public due to alcohol. That is all that we know, and is not surprising for a college boy, at all.
It seems obvious that you are "under-invested" in him and/or unwilling to acknowledge his athletic gifts. Why??

As I said, you don't seem to understand what proof is.

Suppose he didn't take drugs but admitted that he had, isn't that worse?

As with most posters, you have no problem giving up on the 2015 season if Brady is out for a few games. Relying on a 7th this year or 3rd next year likely gives you that result.

Personally, I don't think that Belichick is spending all the time with quarterbacks to somehow influence the picks of other teams.

We need a backup for 2015, who can start if Brady is out for a play of for 4-5 games. Belichick decided NOT to develop this player from the 2013 draft class. Well, the time is now.

You may be 100% right. Maybe Belichick will roll the dice and simply WILL Brady to stay healthy, and not provide for contingencies. It seems likely that SEVEN quarterbacks will be drafted in the first two rounds who might be reasonable backups. Belichick has used a 3rd twice for this position, when Brady was much younger. Belichick has also relied on 7th rounders and UDFA's for backups.

We shall see.

Who is this post aimed at or in response to? Certainly not me, I hope. I certainly feel that the backup QB position is important, and I expect it to be addressed in this draft; hopefully in the middle rounds.

I think it's butthurt over the poll question where he was the only vote saying Patriots will
Draft a QB rounds 1 or 2

Ah, so level of competition is your concern. Do tell, what juggernauts did Roethlisberger and Flacco pick apart on a regular basis in college?
Dude, relax. I was just making fun of the one game he is noted for having really bought him on the national scene more than any other.

Nevertheless, JaMarcus Bridgewater will not be a legit NFL starter.

Dude, relax. I was just making fun of the one game he is noted for having really bought him on the national scene more than any other.

Nevertheless, JaMarcus Bridgewater will not be a legit NFL starter.
You realize that in said one game, he picked apart an elite college football defense stocked with defenders that are either already in the NFL or are touted in the draft? You may be right about him. Time will tell. But any comparison between him and Russell is ridiculous at best.

McCarron's college statistics are actually the most comparable to Russell's.

In terms of correlation to NFL success in terms of their adjusted college statistics, Bridgewater and Manziel are 1/2, and everyone else who may be drafted in round 1 has questions.

There's obviously more to drafting a first round QB than college statistics and the sample size of 1st round QBs is relatively small, but there's that. I'll just say that if Bridgewater fell to the Patriots at #28 and no one was desperate to trade up for him, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him.

I'm not sure what your point is here. I think it's pretty straight forward. When a guy lays an egg at his Pro Day his perceived value by scouts drops.
Im not referring to a guy who does something to change the opinion of scouts and GMs.
I'm referring to the belief that a guy rises or falls or draft day or in the days leading up to the draft when nothing happens to change anyones opinion.
The guy who goes earlier or later than people expected didn't rise or fall, but those predicting his draft slot were wrong.
If Bortles doesn't get drafted until the end of the first round, he wasn't falling, he was just never as high as people guessed.

You realize that in said one game, he picked apart an elite college football defense stocked with defenders that are either already in the NFL or are touted in the draft?
LOLOL! FIU? An "elite college football defense"?!?!? ROFLOLOLOL!!! Tell us, who are the "elite" FIU defenders being touted in this draft?

So I have to say that no, I don't "realize" what you said because it is absolutely not true and you are proving you really have no idea what you are talking about.

In the game I was talking about in the post you responded to, he scored 70 against FIU. That game was played this past season. Ignoring the fact that the FIU defense isn't even in the top-100 in FBS, I'd really like to hear you explain to me how some of those defenders are already in the NFL.

LOLOL! FIU? An "elite college football defense"?!?!? ROFLOLOLOL!!! Tell us, who are the "elite" FIU defenders being touted in this draft?

So I have to say that no, I don't "realize" what you said because it is absolutely not true and you are proving you really have no idea what you are talking about.

In the game I was talking about in the post you responded to, he scored 70 against FIU. That game was played this past season. Ignoring the fact that the FIU defense isn't even in the top-100 in FBS, I'd really like to hear you explain to me how some of those defenders are already in the NFL.
Drunk? I was talking about the Gators. What he did to them on national television in the Sugar Bowl... it doesn't get much more impressive than that. As for hanging 70 on FIU, he did what a good quarterback is supposed to do to a bad team and a bad defense: destroyed them. But keep trying that pissing contest thing out. The comparison to Jamarcus Russell is still worthy of a face palm.

Drunk? I was talking about the Gators. What he did to them on national television in the Sugar Bowl... it doesn't get much more impressive than that. As for hanging 70 on FIU, he did what a good quarterback is supposed to do to a bad team and a bad defense: destroyed them. But keep trying that pissing contest thing out. The comparison to Jamarcus Russell is still worthy of a face palm.
You need to do a better job following conversations. I wrote "he put up 70 on the almighty FIU Panthers ... I was just making fun of the one game he is noted for having." Your response was "in said one game, he picked apart an elite college football defense stocked with defenders."

You obviously aren't following the thread terribly closely, so it's not really a big deal for you to admit you made a mistake and thought I was talking about something else. In fact, admitting you were wrong actually makes you look less foolish than stubbornly holding an ignorant statement.

As for JaMarcus Bridgewater..... well, he won't be drafted as high as JaMarcus Russell, so he won't be considered as big of a bust, but their careers will be roughly on par with one another. I'm not even sure Bridgewater is as talented, so he may not even reach those lofty heights.....

JaMarcus russell also got something like 40 million guaranteed before he even stepped onto the field.

hes the biggest bust in NFL history, even moreso then leaf imo.

You need to do a better job following conversations. I wrote "he put up 70 on the almighty FIU Panthers ... I was just making fun of the one game he is noted for having." Your response was "in said one game, he picked apart an elite college football defense stocked with defenders."

But it's a ridiculous response and notion since the Sugar Bowl has been much more noteworthy in Bridgewater's college career than the FIU game.

You obviously aren't following the thread terribly closely, so it's not really a big deal for you to admit you made a mistake and thought I was talking about something else.

I'm actully following the thread very closely. You made a mistake in thinking that I was talking about FIU when I wasn't. I would think that torching one of the best defenses in college football that year on national television on a huge stage against quite a few future pros would outweigh him putting up 70 vs. FIU but I guess that's just me "not following the thread terribly closely".

In fact, admitting you were wrong actually makes you look less foolish than stubbornly holding an ignorant statement.

Look, I know everything has to degenerate into a pissing contest with you, but that's not an ignorant statement. Where was I ignorant or wrong?

1. Was Florida not one of the best defenses in college football that year?

2. Did Florida not have quite a few future pros on that defense?

3. Did Bridgewater not pick them apart?

4. Was the game not on a national stage?

5. Was there not a national viewing audience?

Please break down where that statement is ignorant in the face of you pointing out a game where he should have slaughtered the opposition... and did? Meanwhile, you continue to compare him to Jamarcus Russell when that comparison could not possibly be more brain dead.

As for JaMarcus Bridgewater..... well, he won't be drafted as high as JaMarcus Russell, so he won't be considered as big of a bust, but their careers will be roughly on par with one another. I'm not even sure Bridgewater is as talented, so he may not even reach those lofty heights.....

And just when I thought you couldn't have possibly made a more brain dead statement, you go ahead and make one. Anything else?

But it's a ridiculous response and notion since the Sugar Bowl has been much more noteworthy in Bridgewater's college career than the FIU game.
That may be true, but that wasn't the point you were addressing. I clearly established that I was talking about the FIU game when you pulled the Gators game out of thin air.
I'm actully following the thread very closely. You made a mistake in thinking that I was talking about FIU when I wasn't.
Excuse me, you responded to my post about the FIU game, saying "You realize that in said one game." So yeah, anyone who understands the English language would interpret your statement as to be in reference to the FIU game.
Look, I know everything has to degenerate into a pissing contest with you,
The only one engaged in the pissing contest is the guy who can't admit he thought I was talking about something else.

Seriously. If you said "you know what? I thought you were talking about the Florida game, not the FIU game, when I responded to you. My bad." then you would look a lot less foolish than you do now.
Please break down where that statement is ignorant in the face of you pointing out a game where he should have slaughtered the opposition... and did? Meanwhile, you continue to compare him to Jamarcus Russell when that comparison could not possibly be more brain dead.
Promise me you'll still be here when JaMarcus Bridgewater's career has been flushed down the drain.

I have no doubt you'll try to deny this conversation ever took place. You'll probably try and tell us you were talking about some other quarterback entirely all along.

That may be true, but that wasn't the point you were addressing. I clearly established that I was talking about the FIU game when you pulled the Gators game out of thin air.
Excuse me, you responded to my post about the FIU game, saying "You realize that in said one game." So yeah, anyone who understands the English language would interpret your statement as to be in reference to the FIU game.
The only one engaged in the pissing contest is the guy who can't admit he thought I was talking about something else.

Seriously. If you said "you know what? I thought you were talking about the Florida game, not the FIU game, when I responded to you. My bad." then you would look a lot less foolish than you do now.

This post made me curious, so I went back to see who was right, and you are correct, you did specify the FIU game in the post that was responded to that started the pissing match.

I've been talking about the Gator game since this thread took place. If you'd like, I could pull quotes from the first and second pages out for you. It's a much more impressive game than the FIU one. All Bridgewater could do in that one is take them apart, which he did. So I'm not sure why you wanted to bring that one up since it doesn't strengthen your point at all. It would be much more effective to bring a game up against top competition where he got bottled up, but since that didn't happen you can't.

No, actually the reason you're still going down this "foolish" alley is because you can't refute a single thing I've said so now you're tossing out red herrings on top of other logical fallacies to try to cover it up.

Uh huh. Is that why you can't stop responding even though your points have been pretty thoroughly refuted? How about the "promise me you'll still be here broseph" tough guy routine at the bottom of this post?

Again, foolish is comparing the guy to Jamarcus Russell, THEN saying that Russell might be better. I again gave you a literal face palm.

Promise me you'll still be here when JaMarcus Bridgewater's career has been flushed down the drain.

I have no doubt you'll try to deny this conversation ever took place. You'll probably try and tell us you were talking about some other quarterback entirely all along.

Like I said, everything has to be a pissing contest with you. Why is that? You can do that if you want or if it happens. I really won't care either way, nor will I care to do it back if Bridgewater has success. There is life outside of PatsFans.com

No, actually the reason you're still going down this "foolish" alley is because you can't refute a single thing I've said so now you're tossing out red herrings on top of other logical fallacies to try to cover it up.
Seriously, dude. I'm giving some friendly advice here. You look much, much less foolish if you admit "hey I was talking about the Sugar Bowl, I didn't see where you mentioned you were talking about the FIU game. It was an honest mistake on my part - my bad."

Really. I promise you it won't hurt one bit. Why you have to turn even the simplest of mistakes into a ridiculous pissing contest is beyond me.
Uh huh. Is that why you can't stop responding even though your points have been pretty thoroughly refuted? How about the "promise me you'll still be here broseph" tough guy routine at the bottom of this post?
I don't know why you have to start chest thumping. We're on opposite sides of this prediction. I just want you to promise me you'll be here so I can gloat once time has passed and proven me right.
There is life outside of PatsFans.com
Says the guy with 25,000 posts.....

Seriously, dude. I'm giving some friendly advice here. You look much, much less foolish if you admit "hey I was talking about the Sugar Bowl, I didn't see where you mentioned you were talking about the FIU game. It was an honest mistake on my part - my bad."

Really. I promise you it won't hurt one bit. Why you have to turn even the simplest of mistakes into a ridiculous pissing contest is beyond me.

And it wasn't a mistake. It was intentional. I haven't turned this into a pissing contest. Read each of your posts in this thread. Read all of your debtates in other threads. Read how many times you've said to someone "hope you're here in a few years so I can say 'told you so'". This is all started by you. I'm just getting entertainment out of this on top of obviously trolling you just a bit because you're taking it so personally.

I don't know why you have to start chest thumping. We're on opposite sides of this prediction. I just want you to promise me you'll be here so I can gloat once time has passed and proven me right.

Re: The bolded, what was that about you not starting a pissing contest?

Not chest thumping at all. I was just amazed by the bad example, the fact that you're leaning on the FIU game when it also proves your point is weak at best, and I'm still waiting on you to break down my list to show me where my ignorant and wrong points in this thread are. Again, show me which one of these is ignorant and/or wrong and explain in detail why they are...

1. Was Florida not one of the best defenses in college football that year?
2. Did Florida not have quite a few future pros on that defense?
3. Did Bridgewater not pick them apart?
4. Was the game not on a national stage?
5. Was there not a national viewing audience?

Says the guy with 25,000 posts.....

I hate to rain on your parade, but the average on that is 8 per day, most of them made during down time at work. You can feel free to check out my activity after the hours of 8-5 during the week days and at all on the weekends. My posts are all made available to you, each of them with a time stamp. Nice to see yet another logical fallacy tossed out on your end, though.

Anything else?

Last edited:
And it wasn't a mistake. It was intentional. I haven't turned this into a pissing contest.
No, you're just responding to every single post I make (virtually within seconds after I've submitted it) with your usual "I'm right and you and everyone else is wrong!" routine. But I'm the only one in the pissing contest. :rolleyes:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back