PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ted Washington to the Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn that Romeo!!! I might be a Browns fan this year. :D

2 years $6M is what I'm reading. The Browns have spend so much money and Bentley is the only significant upgrade they've gotten IMO. Washington, I guess, but $3M a year for a 1 or 2 down player is a lot. They've made a big splash but I'm not impressed witth the amount of improvement. On paper, anyway.

Shocking, simply shocking..... :D

BelichickFan said:
2 years $6M is what I'm reading. The Browns have spend so much money and Bentley is the only significant upgrade they've gotten IMO. Washington, I guess, but $3M a year for a 1 or 2 down player is a lot. They've made a big splash but I'm not impressed witth the amount of improvement. On paper, anyway.

It's more than we have done, IMO. :mad:

I like what the Browns are doing. They have a ton of money to spend, so why not spend it? Plus, they are going after guys who fit their system. Their biggest need was a run stuffing NT and Washington is a huge upgrade over anyone they had. Plus, if Romeo can stop the run on defense, that allows him to do so many more things with all the different schemes he runs. You can only spend money on the players available and if you are a Browns fan, at least the team is doing something to try and win. Will all these signings work out? Maybe not but at least the're trying to improve which to me shows the owner, GM and head coach are moving in the right direction.

DefenseRules said:
I'd prefer to do nothing than overpay. There's lots of guys out there still.

DefenseRules said:

If a team signed you, it would be more than the Patriots have done so far. :D

patriotsrule said:
If a team signed you, it would be more than the Patriots have done so far. :D

LOL! Thanks for making me feel better. :D

DefenseRules said:
LOL! Thanks for making me feel better. :D
Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something....I am not saying the Browns have made bad moves...they may not have..but just doing for that sake..is sometimes not the best. Chill out and wait..same time last year..Pats doing nothing...they did make some moves..and did NOT end up with good ones..but at the time, they were very reasonable..

Normally, I would hope the Pats were cautious. But with all this extra cap money available, they could take a few more risks than the Beisel/Brown/Starks-type moves of last year.

My impression was that Washington lost his passion and drive once he got a decent bonus from Oakland

A two year $7 million seems like a lot to pay for a guy who's only giving 50% - let's hope for Romeo's sake its a backloaded deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes