Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ted Kennedy: Murderer

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Nov 22, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is just a friendly reminder that about 37 years ago, Ted Kennedy murdered a young woman in cold blood..!!

Now, I leave all you liberal loonies here to respond with all sorts of ranting and raving about George Bush and the war in Iraq.

2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Read that^^ as 'I've lost so many arguments in this very sub-forum that I'm now actively seeking out ways of getting it closed down.'

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Wow....why do you have to tread down worn paths?

Into the abyss......

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp

its TRUE!

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So... do you assign the same logic to Nem with his Bush obsesssion, or are you just a complete hypocrite...?

Don't answer that... we all know you're just a complete hypocrite....

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +668 / 7 / -2

6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Believe it or not, there's like hundreds of posts and dozens of threads that come up here every day that I don't respond to. I should also point out that I've disagreed with Nem, Mikey and Patters right here and in writing, all on more than one occasion. I will admit that I am slow to admit to agreeing with one of the resident righties here. What can I say? I'm a touch typist. I get all screwed up if I have to hold my nose with one hand and type with the other.

I can't say I recall you ever saying 'Real world that's just wrong' or 'patsfan13 global warming isn't some fantasy cooked up in Nancy Pelosi's basement,' or show any disagreement with the right wingers here. Are you sure you understand exactly what the word hypocrite means?

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +526 / 14 / -28

Ted Kennedy should have been held accountable for his actions, however at that time it got swept under the rug, something the Kopechne's should have done something about. No one can defend him or his actions, but we know the reason for this thread is to inflame and bait.. I do not know anyone who defends this man or his BS story. OTOH if he was convicted it would probably have been for manslaughter, not murder.

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

Glad you didn't make that accusation.... GW was actually cooked up in Algore's basement ;)

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +668 / 7 / -2

What amazes me about people like Teddy K, Alcee Hastings, Tom Delay, Gary Studds, John Murtha, Bob Ney, Bill Frist, and all the other corrupt & criminal souls, is how in gods name do people elect them in the first place? Sorry, but when I hear people are corrupt or killed someone, I'm not voting for them. The stupidity of voters is what amazes me year after year.

10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +357 / 15 / -12

Ted Kennedy's not a murderer, but certainly deserved more than a 2 month suspended sentence. The anti-Kennedy forces rely mostly on supposition and conspiracy mentality, not evidence. Kennedy claims he wasn't drunk, that he tried three times to save her, that he was confused and disoriented, and later pled guilty to leaving the scene of an accident after causing an injury. That he was given a 2 month suspended sentence reflects a broader problem that the rich and powerful have advantages. There's no point arguing, since the right-wing world view is constructed on various lies and exaggerations, of which the death of Mary Jo Kopeche is key. It's nice that every year, there's someone ready to exploit her for political reasons. Happy Thanksgiving.

11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

Since your such an authoirity Patters then answer this simple question, if he wasn't drunk and was concerned about her life why wait 12 HOURS to report the accident?

The evidence was that Mary Jo found an air pcoketr and took a number of hours to suffocate. If this scumbag had reported the accident polcie could have saved her.

Best case this is depraved indifference. Given his history of drunkeness, it is logical to infer he didn't go to the cops until he was sober.

12. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

For all we know maybe Ted did intentionally murder her. Everybody buys the accident theory but only Ted knows what really happened.
    How many documented incidents are there for drunks just driving off that bridge accidentally, anyways.

13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

Well Patters seems to accepts teddy the swimmers claims at face value.

14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +357 / 15 / -12

363839 is right, patsfan13, in that there's no way to know the truth. For the right wing, it's convenient to frame and interpret the facts in the most damning way. For liberals, it's more convenient to frame the facts as those charged with investigating and prosecuting have. I think it's unlikely there was a coverup of the type that some righties describe. As far as the long wait, I don't know the official explanation, but regardless it was certainly inexcusable, especially from those who were not involved in the accident.

By the way, check this out, which is new to me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jo_Kopechne

"During her tenure as Senator Smathers' secretary, Kopechne shared an apartment with Nancy Carole Tyler, secretary to Bobby Baker, an aide to Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson. An emerging scandal involving Baker's corrupt activities prompted President John F. Kennedy to privately offer Senator George Smathers the second spot on the 1964 presidential ticket, and plan to drop Johnson as his running mate. The roommates, Kopechne and Tyler, allegedly leaked the President's plans to the press. In her book, "Kennedy and Johnson", former JFK assistant Evelyn Lincoln writes that the president was also considering Governor Terry Sanford of North Carolina.

"Some conspiracy theorists have claimed a link between the Bobby Baker scandal and the 1963 JFK assassination. Tyler died in a plane crash in May 1965. Kopechne went on to become secretary to Senator Robert F. Kennedy until he was assassinated in June 1968 during his run for the presidency."

15. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +605 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

There's our beloved Liberals changing the subject AGAIN. Since when does one wrong balance out another ?

:confused:

16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When one of those guys writes something that I disagree with, then I will disagree with them.

Meanwhile, you are employing some sort of demented logic that seems to think that "When a person starts a new thread on a new topic, that implies the person has lost arguments in other threads about other topics."

That is logic only a complete and utter imbecile would believe, don't you agree..? Don't worry.... I know you're not so stupid as to believe the moronic logic you've presented here; you're just being your usual belligerent self.

17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +822 / 2 / -9

DON'T FORGET "HALIBURTON", THATS ONE OF THEIR FAVORITES.
    :bricks: