Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ted Kennedy lives on ... worse than ever

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This is as predictable as it is disgusting. Not only does the Obama/Kennedy Socialized Health Care plan want working people to pay for those who choose NOT to work or contribute in ANY WAY (including illegal aliens, now OVER 30 million in America), but now Patrick Kennedy even wants to keep secret such disasters as highly communicable diseases, like Sexually Transmitted Diseases. Hide and prevaricate, it's the Kennedy legacy, the Kennedy way.

[size=+3]People Can Opt Out of Listing STDs, Abortions in Gov't-Mandated Electronic Health Records, Patrick Kennedy Says[/size]
    Monday, September 28, 2009
    By Nicholas Ballasy, Video Reporter

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D.-R.I.) says people will be able to stop doctors from including records of sexually transmitted diseases and abortions in the new national system of Electronic Health Records that was mandated by the stimulus law enacted in February.

The law says that doctors, hospitals and other health care providers must create an Electronic Health Record (EHR) for every American by 2014 or else face deductions in their Medicare payments. The EHRs are supposed to be integrated into a national health care IT system where health-care providers nationwide as well as the government would have the ability to access them when authorized.

“This is totally going to be up to the individual,” Kennedy told CNSNews.com when specifically asked if these EHRs would include any STDs or abortions in a person's medical history.

CNSNews.com - People Can Opt Out of Listing STDs, Abortions in Gov't-Mandated Electronic Health Records, Patrick Kennedy Says

How much longer does the world have to suffer these insufferably arrogant destroyers of everything GOOD about America??? Utter insanity.

//

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

The HIPAA Act... which we all sign every time we go to a new Dr. in the US...

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +534 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

HIPAA covers a lot more than abortions and STDs. This database is destined to be the latest obama clusterf*ck.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

The people that vote for these bastards get what they deserve but I feel very sorry for the millions who didn't vote for the scumsucking son of a b!tches.

Is that disgusting law still in effect that prevents a Rape Victim from finding out if the filthy swine that raped them has AIDS....?

WILL WE BE FIGHTING IN THE STREETS SOON, IT SURE LOOKS LIKE IT.

5. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +709 / 6 / -9

Where is your evidence that their proposed plans would cover illegals?

And why drag Ted Kennedy into this? Pretty classless on your part, not that I would ever expect anything better from you.

6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

I am aware, my point is that confidentiality is nothing new...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Not cover illegals??? You don't read the news much. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MARf2C8PdCI ;
    http://technorati.com/posts/YEuY7Tk...=vL7PvQ2z5YyJQ0qTBQFaCxQFd8rz7uOBpEJS_MqzMis= ;
    http://technorati.com/posts/YEuY7Tk...=vL7PvQ2z5YyJQ0qTBQFaCxQFd8rz7uOBpEJS_MqzMis=

Patrick Kennedy cried his crocodile tears so many times at the funeral, on Larry King .... and all he did was say how great Ted was ... how much his father, Ted "cared".... he blamed his mother's alcoholism on "disease", not his father's serial infidelities. Patrick Kennedy worships his father and this bill he proposes does EXACTLY what Ted Kennedy would have wanted: keep deadly incurable diseases like HIV/AIDS hidden so more and more and more people can contract it.

"Classless"??? Yeah, this legislation is all that and more.

//

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

This is old stuff, confidentiality of AIDS has been going on forever.. when in corrections really pissed me off that could not know, we had to treat everyone as though they had it.. it was called universal precautions...

Obama had nothing to do with it..

9. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +709 / 6 / -9

Thank you for not answering the question. If you want to provide links to actual news organizations, I'd love to see them. We already argued this subject ad nauseum in another thread here.

AFAIK, HIV patient records are ALREADY secret, so I don't know why you're getting all weepy about this "development."

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

A Blog called Technorati quotes the Washington Times... so it has to be true:rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +574 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

Don't forget YouTube. YouTube says it's true and if YouTube says something's true you know it's gotta be. Nobody lies on YouTube.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

I know it was before Obama I was just curious if it was still going on, I can't imagine what a women must feel like wondering and worrying if someday she will find out she has AIDS and she wasn't allowed to know if the Savage that raped her had it.
    God what a friggin screwed up society we live in.

It isn't hard sometimes to understand why the Muslims call us "The Great Satan"

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

Uncle Teddy is shoveling coal into the furnaces of hell and Mary Jo is cracking the whip, good riddance to a Cheat, a Coward and a Murderer.

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

Harry, I believe the protocol is that they treat everyone as though they may have gotten exposed to aids from bodily fluids.. I got a very serious bite in the 90's, what a conundrum ensued.. all kinds of shots, all kinds of followup.. but I never knew the medical history of the person who bit me.. it just does not happen. The medical staff are scared to death to divulge any info as they can loose their license...

15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +611 / 7 / -7

And you know this how, exactly?

Among those with such concrete visions of the afterlife, I thought it was a generally agreed-upon principal that the Almighty is perfectly capable of designating each soul's destination without the helpful guidance of bulletin board savants.

PFnV

16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +574 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

Where in the hell are you guys getting this stuff from????

Women who are raped have the right to request an AIDS test be performed on their rapist and they have the right to the results.

HIV Testing of Sexual Assault Perpetrator – Criminal Procedure Law §390.15; Public Health Law §2785

Allows a victim to submit a written request to the court for HIV testing of certain convicted felons. The court must order the test, unless it holds a hearing and determines the applicant is not the victim of the offense. Test results shall be communicated to the victim and defendant only. Redisclosure is restricted to certain parties enumerated under the law (e.g., victim's physician). In some instances, a court may order disclosure of confidential HIV related information where there is compelling need for the adjudication of a criminal or civil proceeding; clear and imminent danger to an individual or public health; or other factors. The court must provide written findings of fact, and shall assess the need for disclosure against privacy interests. The court order authorizing disclosure will limit such disclosure to information necessary, to specific people, and prohibit redisclosure.

Rape and Sexual Offenses State Statutes 2006

What the hell does a savage rapist and an HIV test have to do with Ted Kennedy (who actually is dead and therefore has absolutely nothing to do with any bill his son may or may not be trying to get passed) anyhow? Are you all intentionally misleading or do you honestly get this confused?

17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +574 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

Darryl is exactly right here. Women who are raped or sexually assaulted are always offered preventative treatment for any and all sexually transmitted diseases - and they are offered prophylactic treatments immediately.

Sexual Assault-STD Treatment Guidelines 2006

18. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, in your mind, making a bad situation worse is just peachy fine keeno, ESPECIALLY if one of the "sainted" Kennedys is behind it???

And people wonder why the fanatical Muslims say they will destroy America.

//

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Harry is the messenger, NOT the judge. Shooting the messenger does change the message: Teddy earned himself not a very nice place; a lot of people are after him for what he did to them.

//

20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +574 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

1) Nothing is making a "bad situation worse," the "situation" stays the same.

2) First you said it was all Ted Kennedy's fault - now it's a "sainted Kennedy" who's causing it. Teddy is not Patrick just as my son is not me. Make up your mind - if you can.

3) How in the hell did the Muslims get involved?